What's new

General/Other - Tanya Tanya buffs/nerfs for kp2

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
@Geoffmeister
So? Who cares her gapless/100% safe options combined with her delayed rekkas give her great options.

So? What about you start conditioning your oponent to not press a button if you are +2?

Staggers don't have to always be plus on block.

If people applies it or not is their problem. What I'm saying is that she has more pressure options, not using EX to fa is not going to hurt her.

I mean... Her EX rekka strike is a top 5 move for sure... And she also has 50/50 armored moves (i know they ae punishable but you still have to guess...

Dragons Rule!!!

"I enjoy these encounters."
So? Who cares her gapless/100% options combined woth her delayed rekkas gove her great options.

So? What about you start conditioning your oponent to not press a button if you are +2?

Staggers don't have to always be plus on block.

If people applies it or not is their problem. What I'm saying is that she has more pressure options, not using EX to fa is not going to hurt her.

I mean... Her EX rekka strike is a top 5 move for sure... And she also has 50/50 armored moves (i know they ae punishable but you still have to guess...
You guess against a lot of things in MKX.

kevkopdx

Noob
what exactly are kung lao's weaknesses? ugh if tanya gets nerfed to shit, so should that stupid character.. i really hope they are smart about balancing in the next patch

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
It's not like pyro and dragon nagitata are bad......but broken tier kobu exists, so they never play other variations *facepalms*
No they are actually really bad.

Naginata maybe not so much but Pyro sucks. They can nerf Kobu into the ground for all I care, I just want Pyro to be good again.

Her "weaknesses" can all be covered tho... She can do gapless rekka and MB the last hit to stay safe or she can just do the first one and stop (safe option too)
Her teleport cancels are still like +2 iirc. +10 was completely dumb.
She can stagger her strings... I mean, her string, since she only has to use one.
Punishing EX tonfa is known, but it's not like she has to commit to EX tonfa to apply pressure.
Also it's not like she has a top 5 armored move to condition her oponents, right?
Tele cancels are all negative except for f2. And that's only if both hits connect.

Only one tele cancel was ever +10 and NO ONE did it in tournaments. No one.

Last edited:
I forgot im in english class. Waste*
Is that better for you? Because mispelling a word says alot about someone huh? Im not surprised lol gtfo.
Bruh, you couldn't spell waste right. Don't get mad at me because you lack the spelling skills a fifth grader should have. It's a simple word that could be used in everyday life. You aren't spelling onomatopoeia or ostentatious. Gtfo.

Rican1823

Burn Fool!
I love how Tanya players like to bring up her "Weaknesses" and "Options" against her,
but when you ask what they actually are you get no response lol

Tanya community has the worst quality downplaying.
You can back dash out of tonfa swipes on hit you can back dash out of mb tonfa toss on BLOCK you can option select armor out of her tonfa swipes on block so if she delays armor comes out and if she
If you actaully spent time learning how to beat her and look up her weaknesses in my threads or ask any questions you would have known. Then again only people who try to learn how to deal and adapt and find a tech of their own win. And i do not ever see you on the winning side, or losers side for that matter. Practice mode record AI and try things. You do know how that works right? Or should i explain that too.
gapless is like -20+, MB the last one is -7, stop at the first one is -7
she has to make it by one frame now, people are free to armor or challenge with d1,jump or backdash
all are minus, the ones that are plus have gap, with the exception of 4
rekkas need adjusting, fair enough. punishing EX tonfa is known but never applied, so nerf it anyway?
drill kick or tonfa strike? the first one is easily punishable, the latter has no damage potential and leaves her -4 at best
Yesss. Speak the truth !!!

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
What anti zoning ? Tanya gets zoned out pretty solidly if she had anti zoning shed win against kitana and she clearly doesn't
If you really wanna know what not having anti-zoning means you should play High Tech or Shotgun Jacqui. Tanya at least got a projectile.

Rican1823

Burn Fool!
If you really wanna know what not having anti-zoning means you should play High Tech or Shotgun Jacqui. Tanya at least got a projectile.
So does Cassie and Lao and Sonya and jax all of which have projectiles and you can still keep them out. Her projectile only does her good in a zoning war if she has a life lead but that's how it is for anyone with a lead and projectile but since TANYA has it she has anti zoning. Why? Because Tanya

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
So does Cassie and Lao and Sonya and jax all of which have projectiles and you can still keep them out. Her projectile only does her good in a zoning war if she has a life lead but that's how it is for anyone with a lead and projectile but since TANYA has it she has anti zoning. Why? Because Tanya
Well... That's how a rushdown character is supposed to work lol...
Stahp, having a projectile as you said can put you in an anti-zoning momentum against a zoner if you got a life lead... That's obviously what I meant... And same goes to those rushdown characters with decent projectiles.

Rican1823

Burn Fool!
Well... That's how a rushdown character is supposed to work lol...
Stahp, having a projectile as you said can put you in an anti-zoning momentum against a zoner if you got a life lead... That's obviously what I meant... And same goes to those rushdown characters with decent projectiles.
Omg OK zoning characters are designed to zone they have counters for any type of anti zoning and shitty projectile (in comparison) does not do the trick sweetie there are reflects teleports air projectiles and Zoners projectiles almost always if not always have less recovery than a non zoning characters projectile they're designed to zone I'm sorry but if you consider Tanya's projectile and or Sonya's an anti zoning tool you've lost my respect. Though you lost my respect a while ago...

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Omg OK zoning characters are designed to zone they have counters for any type of anti zoning and shitty projectile (in comparison) does not do the trick sweetie there are reflects teleports air projectiles and Zoners projectiles almost always if not always have less recovery than a non zoning characters projectile they're designed to zone I'm sorry but if you consider Tanya's projectile and or Sonya's an anti zoning tool you've lost my respect. Though you lost my respect a while ago...
Can we please stop pretending like I presented Tanya as a sole anti-zoning character? No, I just said she has options (which she actually has). I never said she was an anti zoner like Mileena/Liu Kang/Scorpion lol.
You actually lost my respect when you said downplayed Tanya and basically said she is not that good... She is clearly a super good character (and yes, we all know the options against her pressure) and braindead as hell.

Rican1823

Burn Fool!
Can we please stop pretending like I presented Tanya as a sole anti-zoning character? No, I just said she has options (which she actually has). I never said she was an anti zoner like Mileena/Liu Kang/Scorpion lol.
You actually lost my respect when you said downplayed Tanya and basically said she is not that good... She is clearly a super good character (and yes, we all know the options against her pressure) and braindead as hell.
Well I'm sorry but if explaining the 100 options against her and or using them isn't enough then level up my friend cause you're clearly doing something wrong.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Well I'm sorry but if explaining the 100 options against her and or using them isn't enough then level up my friend cause you're clearly doing something wrong.
Or maybe you should use all her options and not get blown up for using her armorable options... Just maybe.

Rican1823

Burn Fool!
Or maybe you should use all her options and not get blown up for using her armorable options... Just maybe.
Iol I dont get blown up ever winning with Tanya is easy against scrubs and moderately difficult in high level, why? Because no one will ever take the time to learn how to fight her that's too much its easier to blame the character like everyone else does. That's precisely why I am amazed at how overrated Tanya is there are only 3 or 4 people I know of who I can actually say they know how to fight tanya.

You can back dash out of tonfa swipes on hit you can back dash out of mb tonfa toss on BLOCK you can option select armor out of her tonfa swipes on block so if she delays armor comes out and if she
So what if you can backdash after tonya swipes she can easily blow that up with F2.
Great, you can backdash and Tanya is still next to you, backdashing EXtonfa toss isn't game changing.
Cool, you can option select armor out of Delayed tonfa swipes.
I guess Tanya will have to use one of her dozen tools instead and build meter so she can be safe again on her tonfa string because she doesn't have anything else.

What if the opposing character doesn't have a bar of meter, a good backdash or both? They're completely fucked by your character.
Spending a bar of meter to get out of meterless pressure or making risky backdash are her weaknesses?

The whole time tanya is zoning you, you're afraid to counter zone because she can SAFELY go full screen with teleport whenever she wants and punish you.
That makes her zoning better by itself. Cassie, Lao and Sonya don't have an option like that

If you actaully spent time learning how to beat her and look up her weaknesses in my threads or ask any questions you would have known. Then again only people who try to learn how to deal and adapt and find a tech of their own win. And i do not ever see you on the winning side, or losers side for that matter. Practice mode record AI and try things. You do know how that works right? Or should i explain that too.
Did you forget how to copy paste and i have to tell you how?