What's new

General/Other - Tanya Tanya buffs/nerfs for kp2

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
All of which there is a simple answer for if you even attempt to learn how to fight against a character but you're right bitching about the character is a lot easier people don't want this character balanced, they want to start the match knowing they're going to win like fighting kenshi or jason
Almost every character in this game has to play Tanya's game. That is what some Tanya mains don't seem to understand or acknowledge. The character is brain-dead good and almost always will dictate the match at any range and any situation. I don't see what your simple answer to fighting her is, but I would love it if you could share it. I am open minded enough to learn. I just called it like I see it.

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
I think with the upcoming overal offense and S tier characters nerfs that it won't be as bad for Tanya, I'm still certain that most of these calls for 'normalizations' had more to do with online pre-KP2 and people not labbing against her. Every tournament I see Tanya getting away with murder, specifically anything involving her air game , EX Tonfa Toss and delayed Rekkas.

The way I see it she can only maintain pressure with either Tonfa Toss or delaying Rekkas, so it seems fair to me that they would address the meterless option (that serves as high chip and high meter building), she should never be plus or minus enough to jump out in that situation , not while she has a 9 frame mid.

The rest from what I've heard (list and thoughts below) seems a bit overkill, so I'm not too sure about it's authenticity. We're not talking about a character that has instant low/oh mixups and can go +14, who really needed adjustments. She's got "good" pressure, with gaps in almost all of her offense and any mixup special can be easily punished, but she does have incredible mobility and airmixups that characters with similar pressure (eg. Flame Fist, War God) don't have.

Delayed Rekka no longer plus nerf: meh.. it's fine, she'll still have gaps that are guaranteed armorable but she still has a "mixup" there, people will have to respect it if they don't have 7 frame specials
edit: also with the way how Rekkas chip and meter building work, no character deserves pressure after this, but max delay definitely shouldnt result in a punish
EX Tonfa Toss (changed to minus or always has a gap) nerf: if Tanya can't continue pressure with this tool, she's going to have a lot of trouble opening people up, the move will be rendered useless as she can get more chip and meter with fast Rekkas
Armor removed from EX Tonfa Strike nerf: don't see the big deal with this move, meanwhile we have Kitana's launching EX Rising Blades that hits twices (but whiffs on low profiles), the damage potential is around 8% unless she meterburns (again) and can be baited by any jump. I considered this more of a "read"-tool that gave the character some depth. Disagree with it.
Slower startup Flip Kick special (overhead): fair, it's no longer a guess for anyone expecting to fully punish her EX Tonfa Toss, they can now probably react to it
B1,2+4 changed to -10 nerf: another huge hole in her pressure, if she staggers she's punished, if she goes into rekkas she's punished, if she goes into tonfa toss she's punished (on 2 different occasions). I don't like it because your opponent won't even need to think about it anymore, OS'ing reversal armor will be a guaranteed punish (now if that were to be removed from the game, I'd be fine with it)
B1 Mid changed to High nerf: she'll basically get poked anywhere on block now, her Rekka mindgame will probably be replaced by d1 (into b3/b1/special). I think this'll cause her to play more like Pyro and Naginata, zoning until you catch your opponent not blocking low or whiff punishing with f2. I hate this nerf the most because this one destroys her only real option during telecancels. Boo.

Overall thoughts: alright sure, she needs more situations where she loses her pressure or even gets punished (if you're not playing as Kung Lao or Cassie), but it shouldn't warrant in losing her pressure starter along with all pressure extender(s) -.-

and meanwhile... someone is still doing Dragon Fist cancels on MKX online Beta... cough cough

Last edited:

Dragons Rule!!!

"I enjoy these encounters."
I love how Tanya players like to bring up her "Weaknesses" and "Options" against her,
but when you ask what they actually are you get no response lol

Tanya community has the worst quality downplaying.
Tanya in general: All her special moves are unsafe! With the exception of the teleport.

Kobu: pressure isn't THAT good anymore, teleport cancels have extra frames, rekkas have to be timed right to be safe.

Pyromancer: recovery on fire balls suck. Recovery from air fireball is worse. Recovery from fireball after teleport is more worse. :confused:

Dragon naginata:........I main this variation but idk anything really wrong with this one. lol

Now excuse me while I prepare to get flamed at for naming the weaknesses that were pretty obvious. :coffee:

Jack Ashe

Jaded
I love how Tanya players like to bring up her "Weaknesses" and "Options" against her,
but when you ask what they actually are you get no response lol

Tanya community has the worst quality downplaying.
I've posted stuff on her everywhere! but since no one actually wants to learn the match...

Tanya in general: All her special moves are unsafe! With the exception of the teleport.

Kobu: pressure isn't THAT good anymore, teleport cancels have extra frames, rekkas have to be timed right to be safe.
So her not being pre-patch Injustice Scorpion levels of broke anymore is a weakness for Tanya.
Sorry Tanya can't teleport around the screen for free hundreds of times like at CEO anymore.
Everyone knows Tanya's pressure is still really good
and you have to time things now to be safe instead of doing whatever you want??

did he get these weaknesses from you @Vak Phoenix

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
So her not being pre-patch Injustice Scorpion levels of broke anymore is a weakness for Tanya.
Sorry Tanya can't teleport around the screen for free hundreds of times like at CEO anymore.

Lmfaooooo!!! Post made me crack up from beginning to end lol.

If you actaully spent time learning how to beat her and look up her weaknesses in my threads or ask any questions you would have known. Then again only people who try to learn how to deal and adapt and find a tech of their own win. And i do not ever see you on the winning side, or losers side for that matter. Practice mode record AI and try things. You do know how that works right? Or should i explain that too.

Dragons Rule!!!

She can still teleport around the screen if you know what your doing.

Her pressure isn't as good as you think. One of the patches added 8 frames (I think it was 8? Idk lol) before she can actually cancel the teleport. So that pressure game has some tight spots.

And yes, you do have to time the rekka to be safe (excuse me, delay the rekkas). You can't just do the entire rekka and be safe!!!

.....and I don't know this Phoenix person...

Why should I even explain this, I bet half of you people don't even play AS Tanya enough to understand. I'll just stick with my Draginata( yes, I said Draginata!) because it's my favorite, and apparently it's not a crime to play as that variation.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Her "weaknesses" can all be covered tho... She can do gapless rekka and MB the last hit to stay safe or she can just do the first one and stop (safe option too)
Her teleport cancels are still like +2 iirc. +10 was completely dumb.
She can stagger her strings... I mean, her string, since she only has to use one.
Punishing EX tonfa is known, but it's not like she has to commit to EX tonfa to apply pressure.
Also it's not like she has a top 5 armored move to condition her oponents, right?

Dragons Rule!!!

Her "weaknesses" can all be covered tho... She can do gapless rekka and MB the last hit to stay safe or she can just do the first one and stop (safe option too)
She can stagger her strings... I mean, her string, since she only has to use one.
Punishing EX tonfa is known, but it's not like she has to commit to EX tonfa to apply pressure.
Also it's not like she has a top 5 armored move to condition her oponents, right?

I dont think that you know what "Weakness" means

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
gapless is like -20+, MB the last one is -2* but can sometimes be armored through (I realize this is an inconsistency but it should/will be addressed), stop at the first one is -7
she has to make it by one frame now, people are free to armor or challenge with d1,jump or backdash
all are minus, the ones that are plus have gap, with the exception of 4
rekkas need adjusting, fair enough. punishing EX tonfa is known but never applied, so nerf it anyway?
drill kick or tonfa strike? the first one is easily punishable, the latter has no damage potential and leaves her -4 at best

Last edited: