What's new

General/Other - Takeda Takeda Variation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Invincibeast

Stay Free
Thoughts on Takeda's variations can be discussed here.

Shirai Ryu - Whips, Teleports, Ground Shuriken

Lasher - Longer range, electric whips

Ronin - Blades and a Projectile Beam

I personally love Shirai Ryu the most, looks super versatile and amazing at footsies with possibly a few setups with the Shuriken involved.
All of his variations look super strong/viable. I can't wait to see all the tech that comes out.

Last edited:

Peter Quill

You’re No Fun
I loved everything I saw from him today, should be fun!

Every variation has something I liked. The range is very large, like Aquaman from injustice with those low whip sweeps

Last edited:

Invincibeast

Stay Free
His range looks immense for sure. Plus with his Shirai Ryu variation he has a teleport to get around zoning if its a problem.
I'm really excited to try the ground sword and ground shuriken setups

He does look like a really strong character and those long range normals will be a pain to deal with... I really hope he is a balanced character though

Rajhkeem Beck

Mr. Still Getting it Together
Really enjoyed his diversity of options as well. His moves just have a certain cool factor as well. Shirai Ryu seemed to have the most options and was completely sick.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
His range is not much more than Kung Jin's and he takes a massive hit on speed of his normals with the whips. His up close game reminds me a lot of Batman's. A lot of high hits and a low option from what we saw. Shirai Ryu looks best to me, honestly because you have more options for mind games and just kicking ass all-together.

DWednesday

Undisputed #1 ScrubBot Worldwide.
ShiraRyu looks the coolest (dat mask is tight), teleports, airleports, telefeints, and the (not quite lasher size, but shit, a whip is still a whip) whip on top of that too. Definitely looks lke the most fun.

Oh, and can he has the shuriken in the air too plz? k thx bai.

ando1184

Noob
I hope there's more balance in those styles than what they seemed. He really looks like trouble....but awesome

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I am incredibly happy with Takeda's Shirai Ryu and Lasher styles. They fit me well. Didn't get what I was hoping for outta Kung Jin but got more than expected out of Takeda so I think I'm gonna be having a lot to test soon.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
So Shirai Ryu is the the only where he can teleport?

All 3 variations looked great. Lasher is my favorite, that anti-air move is just too godlike. The Ronin Variation looked like so much fun. Throwing down a light saber then calling it back to me itself is so f'ing cool! If Shirai Ryu is the only one he can teleport with, that might be the staple along with Lasher, way too early to tell though.

Invincibeast

Stay Free
I'm praying that he isn't crazy negative on block, that could make or break him no matter the range of his normals and footsie game

and yeah @Juggs , the Shirai Ryu variation is the only one with teleport. I have a feeling that the Ronin one will potentially work like Kung Lao's hat trick version

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Lasher is interesting me a lot. Definitely a character I'll be learning everything about.
I'm wondering how well he'll be able to eat through wakeups with that crazy walk-forward-flurry. It looks like most armored attacks can only eat 1 hit before getting stuffed, so he should have no problem dealing with the crazy amount of armor already in the game.

Not only that, but assuming his whip hitboxes are disjointed, I imagine he'll be able to pressure on wakeup pretty damn hard with no fear of eating a lot of close-ranged specials.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Yeah Lasher is where I wanna start. So much to lab with this game ...with the reveals of Kung Lao, Johnny Cage, Mileena, Commando Kano, Kotal Kahn, Cassie Cage, and now Takeda I am going to be sooooooooo busy those first few months between work and private project stuff.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I'm wondering how well he'll be able to eat through wakeups with that crazy walk-forward-flurry. It looks like most armored attacks can only eat 1 hit before getting stuffed, so he should have no problem dealing with the crazy amount of armor already in the game.

Not only that, but assuming his whip hitboxes are disjointed, I imagine he'll be able to pressure on wakeup pretty damn hard with no fear of eating a lot of close-ranged specials.
Yea man I'm on the Lasher boat myself. People seem to think Ninja 1st, Lasher 2nd, Ronin 3rd, but I disagree.

No one can wake up against that whip flurry, and no one can jump against that whip anti-air in Lasher. EX the moves and both lead to juggles. That on top of a half screen reaching low poke and another low that juggles and this variation looks amazing.

Definitely one of the first I'll try in the game.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yea man I'm on the Lasher boat myself. People seem to think Ninja 1st, Lasher 2nd, Ronin 3rd, but I disagree.

No one can wake up against that whip flurry, and no one can jump against that whip anti-air in Lasher. EX the moves and both lead to juggles. That on top of a half screen reaching low poke and another low that juggles and this variation looks amazing.

Definitely one of the first I'll try in the game.
I'm just worried he's going to end up another Lobo (either right off the bat or after they nerf him into oblivion). Everything looks sweet so far, and even the guys on stream seemed smitten with him, but it all hinges on how unsafe those pokes are.

As awesome as Lasher looks, the one thing that's really got me curious about ninja is the MB triple shuriken. Since they explode on release (hehehe), then they might be able to be detonated while Takeda is in hit/block stun, assuming they don't disappear. If that's the case, he just needs to get that shit on screen and he can basically fight on top of it for free. The saber version has a specific input for calling the sword back, so I'm confident he can't do that while in hit/block stun.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I'm just worried he's going to end up another Lobo (either right off the bat or after they nerf him into oblivion). Everything looks sweet so far, and even the guys on stream seemed smitten with him, but it all hinges on how unsafe those pokes are.

As awesome as Lasher looks, the one thing that's really got me curious about ninja is the MB triple shuriken. Since they explode on release (hehehe), then they might be able to be detonated while Takeda is in hit/block stun, assuming they don't disappear. If that's the case, he just needs to get that shit on screen and he can basically fight on top of it for free.
Yea on block if he's really negative then all is lost lol. I'm very nervous about a character like this because a few complaints can bring down the wrath of the Nerf Hammer.

I'm almost willing to say the MB Shurikens can be. Honestly I see that a lot of characters will have some bs so I wouldn't be surprised if he was able to do this.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yea on block if he's really negative then all is lost lol. I'm very nervous about a character like this because a few complaints can bring down the wrath of the Nerf Hammer.

I'm almost willing to say the MB Shurikens can be. Honestly I see that a lot of characters will have some bs so I wouldn't be surprised if he was able to do this.
Imagine blockable low-hitting Joker Teeth if the Joker player could keep them out by holding the button and could choose when to detonate them, even while getting combod or while in blockstun. It wouldn't even matter how unsafe his normals were...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.