What's new

General/Other - Takeda Takeda Range Analysis

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Updated OP with his crazy "fist of fury" universal move.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
But the slow start-ups tho...

I can appreciate the 3x body length normals and if played right, Takeda will have plenty of neutral game coverage...but D'Vorah and Kung Jin have great ranged normals, too. (D'Vorah with her spider leg things and KJ's bow). Takeda isn't the only one with range...while he does have MORE range by half a body, at best, he does take a hit on start-up frames and projectile options. I think it is also important to see how his close range normals' damage is, their range (or his forward movement in strings so backdash isn't a free punish almost) and if he has viable mix-up options.

People see the whips all over the screen with the sparks and forget he has other normals for close up that could make or break him.

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
But the slow start-ups tho...

I can appreciate the 3x body length normals and if played right, Takeda will have plenty of neutral game coverage...but D'Vorah and Kung Jin have great ranges normals, too. (D'Vorah with her spider leg things and KJ's bow). Takeda isn't the only one with range...while he does have MORE range by half a body, at best, he does take a hit on start-up frames and projectile options. I think it is also important to see how his close range normals damage, their range (or his forward movement in strings so backdash isn't a free punish almost) and if he has viable mix-up options.

People see the whips all over the screen with the sparks and forget he has other normals for close up that could make or break him.
Aquaman's close up normals didn't make him or break him. He was fine with his reach.

FinalBoss_FGC

Aquaman's close up normals didn't make him or break him. He was fine with his reach.
Yeah well Takeda doesn't have a trident rush so that's a small factor...Takeda also can't block mid-combo...or, Ya know, has a shield that can knock the opponent to full screen.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
His fist of fury move could be similar to trident rush, especially in Lasher.

I totally agree with you, though it does look like his non-whip moves are quite fast, including his low combo-starter kick.

FinalBoss_FGC

His fist of fury move could be similar to trident rush, especially in Lasher.

I totally agree with you, though it does look like his non-whip moves are quite fast, including his low combo-starter kick.
Yeah this game is all about chip damage with Cage's Fisticuffs and Liu Kang's whatever it was...so on block, it may do well...I haven't checked. But I'm sure it wouldnt build the same meter lol at least, I hope not

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Updated with his Shirai Ryu standing whip special.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
The range on these is incredible. Even if he doesn't have the fastest startup, he will be great at midrange where most high-level play takes place