What's new

Combo List - Takeda Takeda Practical BnBs Thread

FiercePhil56

Up-playing loyalist
If you intend to use (SR takeda) f1,2,2+4 xx Tele, njp, 4,4 xx spear 28%, as I do. Be sure to try the timing against females and males. Females you hit 4,4 a bit earlier, and on goro you have to wait a bit longer than normal. Also the 4,4 will NOT work at all vs jax.

I don't step forward before 44 though, does anyone find that that helps?

After many pop ups like njp or ex fist flurry. I find the best follow up, as long as you can switch sides, is b2 xx teleport 112 spear (optional ex) - b2 spear
I think that follow up does the highest damage and is super easy
If they end up in the corner after the ex spear I end with b2,1 spear instead

Edit: totally miss posted and said b1 instead of b2. Give these a try now

Last edited:

virtiqaL

Noob
I was just about to come here and post about how I can't land standard BnBs on Jax because he seems to fall faster than other characters. Is that really working as intended? That's so bullshit, lol. It's almost like a passive buff to an already ridiculous character and makes this match-up even more difficult than it needs to be.

Against Jax, so far, I've only been able to use an uppercut after the F1,2,2+4~tele or 11~spear, and if I read the second (overhead) hit, I can maybe squeeze out a throw on him.

What are the optimal combos for Jax, or is this it?

Last edited:

Maevar

Shirai-Ronin
If you intend to use (SR takeda) f1,2,2+4 xx Tele, njp, 4,4 xx spear 28%...
...I don't step forward before 44 though, does anyone find that that helps?
I've posted this on pg.4 :p and still it's a strict execution i.e. as Crimson said, it's not recommended for Tourneys (even w/o NjP).

Against Jax, so far, I've only been able to use an uppercut after the F1,2,1+2~tele or 11~spear, and if I read the second (overhead) hit, I can maybe squeeze out a throw on him.
Usually (when I manage to pressure him... which is rarely and mostly when Jax has no meter...) I use F122+4~tele~F21~spear I've found this to be the most consistent string. Of course you can also add 1 NjP for the extra dmg, but especially on Jax I do not recommend it as most of the time they might whiff (due to him falling too fast).

Ravosa

Wild Card
Yeah I either end it with f21~spear or b33~fist depending on how I want to be spaced. Not sure if it's been mentioned but since the patch the efficiency on most BNBs have changed. For example, now I do something like f21~EXfist~b2~tele~f21~spear/fist for 38% 1 meter. Is NJP~fjk~tele~f21~spear no longer the best NJP combo?

Maevar

Shirai-Ronin
Yeah I either end it with f21~spear or b33~fist depending on how I want to be spaced. Not sure if it's been mentioned but since the patch the efficiency on most BNBs have changed. For example, now I do something like f21~EXfist~b2~tele~f21~spear/fist for 38% 1 meter. Is NJP~fjk~tele~f21~spear no longer the best NJP combo?
The NJP combo you have mentioned above is 27% - correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm using NjP, b21~tele~33~spear - 28%

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
Is this topic not updated or does Takeda simply not have much as his disposal as far as combos goes for his other 2 variations?

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
Is this topic not updated or does Takeda simply not have much as his disposal as far as combos goes for his other 2 variations?
He has no normal launcher and his buttons have too much recovery to allow for any sort of combo filler. Everything is just:
Starter
Ex Launcher
NJP
Ender
Not a lot of combo potential with this character.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
This is random but i really would like to know why people say Takedas Njp is the ( one of the) best in this game... like, i just did some "random testing" and like half the cast's njp beats his when face to face and done at the same time.. Can it be said that it is average? Id feel much better if they say it was average..

i really wish they gave us hitbox details in practice mode... i think KI has spoiled me .

StealthyMuffin

This is random but i really would like to know why people say Takedas Njp is the ( one of the) best in this game... like, i just did some "random testing" and like half the cast's njp beats his when face to face and done at the same time.. Can it be said that it is average? Id feel much better if they say it was average..

i really wish they gave us hitbox details in practice mode... i think KI has spoiled me .
15frame SU really kills it in air-to-air situations. It basically functions as his primary counter poke. Even then, some characters D normals just low profile it. His NJP is certainly overrated.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
15frame SU really kills it in air-to-air situations. It basically functions as his primary counter poke. Even then, some characters D normals just low profile it. His NJP is certainly overrated.
i just realized i put this is the wrong thread.. but it still applies i guess, lol.. but yeah it just gets me when someone who plays like raiden opens their mouth about takedas Njp.. its like really?

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^

I get this all the time and it drives me nuts. There is a good portion of the cast who's njp is way better and beats me head to head all the time.

StealthyMuffin

i just realized i put this is the wrong thread.. but it still applies i guess, lol.. but yeah it just gets me when someone who plays like raiden opens their mouth about takedas Njp.. its like really?
I get this all the time and it drives me nuts. There is a good portion of the cast who's njp is way better and beats me head to head all the time.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
i feel people are laughing at us all day ..its really such a shame.

We are gonna get some explaination that Kitanas jumping breathing hurtbox does not cover her from the chest down so thats why this did not connect. since we have " so much Range" with our whips its either head shots or whiff

or that the whips hitbox depends on ambient air temperature

Last edited:

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
I found a meterless corner combo for Lasher:
f1122+4~(first hit) whip strike, 33~whip assault.

Don't remember the damage output

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
so.. instead of taking Ronin into training mode for like an hour before i go online.. night before last i just did single matches against FF L. kang on Hard ...

needless to say though im still having alot of fun with learning Ronin

Last edited:
i feel people are laughing at us all day ..its really such a shame.

We are gonna get some explaination that Kitanas jumping breathing hurtbox does not cover her from the chest down so thats why this did not connect. since we have " so much Range" with our whips its either head shots or whiff

or that the whips hitbox depends on ambient air temperature
At least fix the hitbox to make it look like the intended range instead of giving my hopes up :\