What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Takeda Takeda Matchup Discussion

jaepeso170

I Have A Plan...Attack
But I agree there's clear advantages to the others but Lasher IMO is super fucking easy to play over the other 2, especially Ronin. :) that's another advantage to it ;)

I agree. Lasher I feel is easier at pulling off combos and when used properly his DF1 is a great anti air that when MBed can lead into some combos

jaepeso170

I Have A Plan...Attack
Im actually goin to start practicing Ronin tonight, I feel that you should know all of your mains variations inside and out.....honestly Ive dreaded the loss of range when using Ronin but i feel that once a get a few hrs experience with it, it will most likely be my go to variation

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
Im actually goin to start practicing Ronin tonight, I feel that you should know all of your mains variations inside and out.....honestly Ive dreaded the loss of range when using Ronin but i feel that once a get a few hrs experience with it, it will most likely be my go to variation
A lot of your pressure is going to come from b21 2+4 ~Sword beam to make it safe. Practice your hit confirms. A lot of people block the oh and let the low hit so you may want to cancel into fist flurry. If you noticed their good at blocking the oh low then finish the string with 2+4 and cancel into the beam to be -5 or EX beam to be plus 4. Practicing your hit confirms to get damage and block confirms (not sure if that's a thing) to get safe or plus pressure is key in that variation. He zones well though and characters that have projectiles that freeze or stun you get bodies by reflect when you read right. Learn fist flurry ~run 112 blade drop blade call combos too. That's how you get his bigger 1 meter combos. That's all the quick advice I've got. Lol!

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Ronin is ALOT of fun to play, it's a shame his normals have the same frames on startup even though he loses so much range on them, though I haven't looked at them in a while so maybe they were wrong.
Feels like the B21 is alot faster although it's suprisengly quick when you think about it, i think the time for the whip to reach it's opponent is what makes it slow.
The B21 annoys me though it doesn't always hit opponents in the air even though the arc of the swing is huge it just phases right through the opponent.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Almost all of this is wrong. What Kenshi do you play against?

Ask @RedRaptor10 how his set went vs. Pig. Pretty much none of what you wrote is actually correct
I dont play against any Kenshi as good as pig, I can tell you that much.

I'd like to see raptor's take because maybe there is something I am missing. I should also mention most of my experience comes from Kenjutsu Kenshi which is probably the easiest. Balanced usually doesnt give me that many problems but it could be the Kenshis spacing is bad.

jaepeso170

I Have A Plan...Attack
A lot of your pressure is going to come from b21 2+4 ~Sword beam to make it safe. Practice your hit confirms. A lot of people block the oh and let the low hit so you may want to cancel into fist flurry. If you noticed their good at blocking the oh low then finish the string with 2+4 and cancel into the beam to be -5 or EX beam to be plus 4. Practicing your hit confirms to get damage and block confirms (not sure if that's a thing) to get safe or plus pressure is key in that variation. He zones well though and characters that have projectiles that freeze or stun you get bodies by reflect when you read right. Learn fist flurry ~run 112 blade drop blade call combos too. That's how you get his bigger 1 meter combos. That's all the quick advice I've got. Lol!

Thanks I feel that my biggest hurdle will be getting the Blade drop into blade call. So basically instead of f21 2+4 ~Kunai (usually works for me) substitue Blade Beam for the Kunai in Ronin seems easy enough. Thanks again @GuerillaTactix

jaepeso170

I Have A Plan...Attack
Ronin is ALOT of fun to play, it's a shame his normals have the same frames on startup even though he loses so much range on them, though I haven't looked at them in a while so maybe they were wrong.
Feels like the B21 is alot faster although it's suprisengly quick when you think about it, i think the time for the whip to reach it's opponent is what makes it slow.
The B21 annoys me though it doesn't always hit opponents in the air even though the arc of the swing is huge it just phases right through the opponent.

I agree 1000% with the B21 not consistenly hitting airborne opponents smh

If kano gets you in the corner you are fucked. I dont know takeda very well but i always knock takeda players out of their armored move attempts in the corner with b13 staggers and ex knife mixups/pressure. Not sure id buy its a 5-5 but im not sure how takeda can get kano out of his face once hes in there

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
If kano gets you in the corner you are fucked. I dont know takeda very well but i always knock takeda players out of their armored move attempts in the corner with b13 staggers and ex knife mixups/pressure. Not sure id buy its a 5-5 but im not sure how takeda can get kano out of his face once hes in there
This is kind of the story with most opponents, Takeda doesn't fair well in the corner.

Zoidberg747

In order to get yourself out of the corner you have to block right and your opponent has to do something unsafe. There are times when I consider using block breaker just to get out of the corner lol.

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
In order to get yourself out of the corner you have to block right and your opponent has to do something unsafe. There are times when I consider using block breaker just to get out of the corner lol.
Lin kuei temple should be yours and every takeda mains ONLY map. It has corner escapes on both sides of the map and its possible to cancel into air spears and teleports off the two jump interactabes at mid screen. You can also use the two jump interactabes at mid screen to jump inbetween certain strings and punish with an air spear. That's fun to lab. In general Shirai Ryu benefits a ton from that map. Just wanted to let you and anybody else know.

Zoidberg747

Lin kuei temple should be yours and every takeda mains ONLY map. It has corner escapes on both sides of the map and its possible to cancel into air spears and teleports off the two jump interactabes at mid screen. You can also use the two jump interactabes at mid screen to jump inbetween certain strings and punish with an air spear. That's fun to lab. In general Shirai Ryu benefits a ton from that map. Just wanted to let you and anybody else know.
Problem is during tournaments it is always random stage pick. But yeah I agree.