What's new

Tag team revealed.

eolson3

Noob
So close and yet so far. I am only here and have only bought all of these games because MK9 tag brought me back to fighting games altogether.

I pretty much dropped video games in college and graduate school, so fighting games were very intimidating when I came back. My friend played MK9 a lot, and I had no interest in getting crushed by his vicious Kano while we hung out. Going online as a team was perfect. We would come up with a game plan for me to do certain things to set him up to bring it home, and I improved as we went along. Astonishing to me that superhero fighter, of all possible fighter genres, has skipped this twice and now only a tease of the feature two MK games later.

I think the game looks great and I will buy it. I would have bought at least four copies if it had tag, so that my group could play this online and on the couch. I am very much pulling for an actual tag mode addition as a press release in the next few months.

So close and yet so far. I am only here and have only bought all of these games because MK9 tag brought me back to fighting games altogether.

I pretty much dropped video games in college and graduate school, so fighting games were very intimidating when I came back. My friend played MK9 a lot, and I had no interest in getting crushed by his vicious Kano while we hung out. Going online as a team was perfect. We would come up with a game plan for me to do certain things to set him up to bring it home, and I improved as we went along. Astonishing to me that superhero fighter, of all possible fighter genres, has skipped this twice and now only a tease of the feature two MK games later.

I think the game looks great and I will buy it. I would have bought at least four copies if it had tag, so that my group could play this online and on the couch. I am very much pulling for an actual tag mode addition as a press release in the next few months.
Exactly. Hopefully they do add it though after release. I know many of my friends were only buying it if tagged returned which sucks. Fighting each other gets boring, why not both? :D

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Have you ever noticed that no matter what they reveal you have already figured out something should also be doing, despite having no reasons for why they haven't?
I can't speak to any other comments you have a beef with, but uh... here I was saying the exact opposite of what you took from my comment. I haven't figured out anything. That's the point. I was just trying to understand their decision.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper

This was my situation, but reversed. I played the hell outta MK9, and a big reason was because my friends could come over, being totally casual, and we could hop straight online and play as a team and do pretty well. If they got into too much trouble, they'd tag me in and I'd clean up the mess. Any time I was able to get us out to a life lead, I'd pass the ball to them. They ended up learning a lot actually by the end of the game's life, was proud of them. We always had a blast, every weekend.

Now, it's kind of impossible. I don't care if they play on my account, but it's pointless because of where I am in matchmaking. They just get slaughtered by strong players, and we have to play something else.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
This is something I seriously hope they consider adding for fun later down the line.

I am glad that guild bosses are back because that was super fun in IJ2

For the love of god...
First the assists, now this?
Why are you playing with our hearts NRS?

They want the players to buy their own copy of the game I guess. With tag some people wouldn't buy the game because they would play at friends.
My friends will only buy and really care for MK if it has a legit 2v2 option. They were disappointed on MKX for this sole reason.
Just give us a fun broken tag mode. Nobody expects balance. It's just fun
This.
Even the broken fuck of MK9 magically balanced the skill gaps between friends.

eolson3

Noob
THIS! Why??? The people who played tag team played with a friend. Not single-player. aaaaaaa
And often offline. I know that studios take a lot of cues from analytics (like everyone else these days), and they probably learned a great deal and adjusted the games for the better because of it, but I'm just not sure about this one.

And often offline. I know that studios take a lot of cues from analytics (like everyone else these days), and they probably learned a great deal and adjusted the games for the better because of it, but I'm just not sure about this one.
Even if they do look at the data they obviously don’t care too much as kabal is one of the least played lol!

Mk9 tag data is so skewed because of factors like balance, matchmaking and offline play. So many people want it back.

Uhhh wtf were they thinking when they decided to make it 1 player? To this day whenever I hang out with my brother and cousins we'll still play MK9 over other fighting games because of the 2v2 tag mode and it's still loads of fun to play! Idc if it isn't balanced I just wanna play the game with my fam

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Now honestly how in the hell do you take something as cooperative and social as tag team and make it single player only in 2019!?

Like it's better than not having it I guess, but seriously, why!?

LDA_DIgi

A changed man...or shokan master lol.
I really hope tag mode gets ported over to offline and online vs. Modes later down the line in this game.

Im really excited to see how it pans out.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
This is turning out to be one of the most disappointing MK games to me. I needed a proper 2 vs 2 tag mode like MK9 style. This doesn't work for me.
"One of the most disappointing MK games" lmao.

People are reaching a new level of spoiled. We've gotta be better than this.

Xelz

Go over there!
Nice! Fighting NPCs in couch co-op tag mode is what got my wife into the Mortal Kombat series. Psyched to see it return, even if it’s limited to PvE.

Edit: After re-reading the article it sounds like co-op is limited to online-only, so no couch co-op. Am I reading that correctly?

Last edited:

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
I mean custom variations aren't allowed to be played in a competetive mode, why not have 2v2 modes both online and offline just for fun. Might as well include it. NRS is droping them balls all over the place now, lul. Too much stoners working over there, Derek is definitely a suspect #1

Nice! Fighting NPCs in couch co-op tag mode is what got my wife into the Mortal Kombat series. Psyched to see it return, even if it’s limited to PvE.

Edit: After re-reading the article it sounds like co-op is limited to online-only, so no couch co-op. Am I reading that correctly?
Basically there is no co-op at all in terms of tag team. There is one mode supposedly but its only online and you have to fight a faction boss or whatever that is. Basically NRS has the resources etc but not the mode set up. Tag team is single player. However if we're vocal enough about it perhaps they will patch it in since its already half way there lol.