TAG MODE in MK X: Community's request

TAG MODE in MK X: Vote for it!

• MK X needs TAG MODE!

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Not interested.

Votes: 67 46.9%

• Total voters
Hello everyone.
Mr. Boon recently stated that TAG MODE ain't completely off the table yet, but it was underused in MK9:

http://www.trmk.org/features/interview_mortal_kombat_x_ed_boon_e3_2014/2/

These late weeks we're all on fire about MKX, and requested/ discussed all kind of stuff: B2B- BB, Run- No run, crazy favorite characters, nerfs and buffs predictions etc.
Now let's talk about something that really matters in terms of gameplay: TAG MODE

I understand many didn't like it because of it's "brokeness". Some others don't even want it as a feature.
I respect that... However it's an important feature for all types of gamers. Some examples:

1. Offline or even online for 4 friends is hella fun and super hype.
2. Helps to get familiar with different MU's on the fly.
3. Provides the ability to keep in touch with 2 of your mains or even level up.
4. Many high lvl and tournament players take advantage of tag mode when practicing.
5. It can provide a bigger lifespan of the game to casual players.
6. Makes arcade ladder more interesting.
7. Crazy possibilities with the new "Character variations" gameplay.

Let's all make this happen. Even players who aren't fans won't be bothered if it finally makes the cut…
I trust the community is full of smart people.
Peace and love everyone!

EDIT:
To the ones who are concerned about possible time and resource waste, I only promote this in case they plan to include various other game modes. Not to sacrifice planning/ design of the actual competitive mode.

Last edited:
That interview quote was disturbing...

I don't think it was underused at all- it was just mainly used offline. Its what made MK a good party game. It was also good for couch co-op.

It doesn't need to be balanced or anything, but just there for fun.

I really hope they include it. We were told this game would add features, not take them away.

I don't think it was underused at all- it was just mainly used offline. Its what made MK a good party game. It was also good for couch co-op.

I really hope they include it. We were told this game would add features, not take them away.

Agreed:D

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves

Online Tag is all I basically play in MK9. Unless it's a KOTH or someone wants to do 1v1s. I love tag and all it's brokenness.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
I can count on one hand how many times I used tag mode in MK9 and I bought it a month after it was released. Not a fan of it personally, but I read that interview. I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.

Nah they're clearly going for something serious/dark. Tag mode would just seem goofy and unfitting. Especially with the variation concept. Sub v1 teamed up with Sub v2? No thanks.

They can always add it in an update I guess but it shouldn't be a priority imo.

Like many people have suggested before, I'd rather have a 3v3 KOF style team mode.

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
Honestly I think they'd be crazy NOT to include tag.

Personally, after Story Mode was completed and after KOTH got a little boring, tag was where it was it.

The link ins and the character combination combos were amazing, IMO.

I believe that what was shown at E3 in terms of combo potential and the character variations may make tag mode even more fun.

For me, tag mode isn't a make or break feature, but as I stated before, I'd be a little bummed.

I believe tag mode could of made IGAU 2 times more fun! *no pun intended* ;)

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
Yes when you F+3 into xray 7 times lol
Just dash and xray. I got 20+ xrays and over 150% damage lol. Works best in corners, but you can do the loop full screen. Also if you do cryax's xray as P1 in training, you can make him disappear. After that hit back/select and you can use him while invisible until you switch characters or xray.

Last edited:
I loved tag in MK9. It's great for when friends get together and casually play. However, I'm not surprised that this poll would get mixed results in this community, as it's more of a casual/party game mode. I think the majority of overall consumers would like it in though.

Man it's so depressing this isn't universally something people want....
I honestly dislike a lot of the bonus modes simply because I see it as development time that could've gone into making the base game better. I know that's not always the case, but i'd really rather have the best competitive game they can make out of the gate, instead of 4 gimmick modes and just as many unfinished trash tier characters.

Crathen

Death is my business
I really don't mind but i'd rather have NRS focus on single player mechanics to be good right out of the game , tag mode is really casual stuff for fun so them working on it would mean take away time even if it's little.

Never really used tag personally even at gatherings , i think i've played tag twice in 3 years...

Tag sucked, I never really played it, and it is underused, they have stats, so apparently all these "casual" players never really played it that much any way.

Even playing MK9 with friends, we hardly used tag mode, and they were super casual, like, girls and shit.