What's new

Tech SZ Tech: Punishing Mileena's and Scorpion's Ex-Teleports (Video)

Seapeople

This one's for you
Nice video. I like your idea for the Scorpion teleport punish a lot. d4 is really easy to use against it, and d4 also punishes the regular teleport if you happen to be crouching when he does it.

Crouching against Mileena was good advice in general. If you crouch block her basic strings, she can't jail you into a guaranteed Sai which can be an annoying mixup. I always assumed that d4~slide was the best option with no meter against ex teleport though. That was helpful man, keep it up :)

Truth

Noob
Just some advice for people who are going to practice this. If you're having difficulty doing the D4~Iceball command, you're going to have to do Down 4, then quickly press Forward 3 (A Button). Think of it as doing D4~Clone, but instead you simply press forward 3. I honestly think we these new setups, it makes escaping the corner for Mileena, and Scorpion a lot harder, especially for Scorpion. Just want to put it out there, if you get comfortable with the D4~Iceball punishes, you can punish Scorpion's regular teleport the same way, but I prefer doing F4~Iceball for 6% more damage.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Another thing I recently learned against Mileena is that when your back is in the corner, she can't teleport against you because it will whiff and put her into the corner at disadvantage. Out of curiousity, can you d4 or d1~freeze against Mileena's u4?

Truth

Noob
Another thing I recently learned against Mileena is that when your back is in the corner, she can't teleport against you because it will whiff and put her into the corner at disadvantage. Out of curiousity, can you d4 or d1~freeze against Mileena's u4?
You can do a Down poke~Freeze against her, but sometimes the poke whiffs against her as she kind hops over the poke lol. If you want to blowup Mileena's U4, then simply do 22 or 21, since her U4 is 27 frames while your 2 is 9 frames giving you 18 frames to attack. If you think that is still too risky, then you can in fact do a crossover jip and get a full combo against her. Whatever option you choose, just make sure you don't block the U4 since it is +9 allowing her a free D4 or practically a guaranteed throw since it is 10 frames.

Edit: This is only off a raw U4, if you get hit by her teleport then she's at +28-31 (depends on if she hits you with the sais). If her ex-teleport hits you she's at +15 with no air sais, but only +5 if she does hit you with air sais.

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
Good shit Truth, just when people think a character is all figured out you come up with new finds. I wonder what else there is to learn about Sub-Zero's match ups.