What's new

Video/Tutorial SZ: How to Get Past Lao's Teleport (Video)

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
When both character played at the highest level? Yes, not much Sub can do to win.

Soryo

Ice is my body, and glass is my heart.
Well Bidu, I saw your vid against Ermac, amazing battle by the way, any tips on how to deal with him and people like Quan Chi?

I rather back dash 22~Ice Blast him off the air or d1 into 212~Ice Blast but this one is tricky.

But anyways the thread is pointless because Truth didn't even understand what's been jailed by KL's teleport. I'll try to find the vid that Tom Brady did and post here. One sec.

Its a video on a FULL sub-zero match up chart.. in this vid i also went over each match and showed what sub can and cannot do vs each character.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I never knew you could whiff Kung Lao's teleport 3 at all...I thought that if he was low enough to the ground after appearing from his teleport, you were forced to block it or eat damage, period. This really opened up my eyes.

The next time I ever indulge in this match-up, I will keep what I learned here in mind. Thank you for sharing the video!

I never knew you could whiff Kung Lao's teleport 3 at all...I thought that if he was low enough to the ground after appearing from his teleport, you were forced to block it or eat damage, period. This really opened up my eyes.

The next time I ever indulge in this match-up, I will keep what I learned here in mind. Thank you for sharing the video!
blake, there are ways you can do the the teleport 3 vs sub and he can do anything. btw, whiffing a d1/d4 under an instant teleport 3 means KL gets a free spin.. ENJOY!!

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
Its a video on a FULL sub-zero match up chart.. in this vid i also went over each match and showed what sub can and cannot do vs each character.
Do you happen to have the link? I heard about it but didn't get a chance to watch it. If not I can hunt through your youtube history later tonight.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
Well Bidu, I saw your vid against Ermac, amazing battle by the way, any tips on how to deal with him and people like Quan Chi?
Ermac is great at medium and far distante. He is a good zonner with great capacity of dealing damage (His BnB does like 45%). At close range he isn't so great. Slow strings, bad wake up options, no armor on enhanced moves, so you gonna have to explore that as much as possible with b121 and 21 mix ups (I can elaborate this better if it's not clear what I'm trying to tell you). His Force Push is punishable by full combo if you're very close or by Slide if you're close but not that close, don't you ever forget this. I see tons of Sub-Zeros blocking his Force Push all day without punishing it how they should. Basically the rest comes with experience in the match up (meaning good reads). If he plays offensively better for you because soon of later he gonna fall for your Ice Clone baits and if he is near you could risk 2,2 (as anti-air move) trying to predict his jump which leads to full combo.

You have enter close range, but at the same time you gotta be patience, because he can punish many moves you do from medium range. 214~Ice Clone is punishable by Force Push, by the way. Not sure about 224~Ice Clone, but I believe it's punishable as well. It's not a easy match up, any wrong read can lead to 40%+ damage for him, but like I said, Ermac isn't the best dealing with close pressure.

Quan Chi is a good 5-5 match up imo. He has a good combination of strings that you gotta learn otherwise you gonna end falling into his resets and strings variations all day long lol. Sub-Zero destroys Quan Chi at corner since he doesn't have many tools (aka enhanced specials with armor) to get out. It's another character that you can apply pressure basically for free once you knock him down, since his wake up options ain't the best either.

Soryo

Ermac is great at medium and far distante. He is a good zonner with great capacity of dealing damage (His BnB does like 45%). At close range he isn't so great. Slow strings, bad wake up options, no armor on enhanced moves, so you gonna have to explore that as much as possible with b121 and 21 mix ups (I can elaborate this better if it's not clear what I'm trying to tell you). His Force Push is punishable by full combo if you're very close or by Slide if you're close but not that close, don't you ever forget this. I see tons of Sub-Zeros blocking his Force Push all day without punishing it how they should. Basically the rest comes with experience in the match up (meaning good reads). If he plays offensively better for you because soon of later he gonna fall for your Ice Clone baits and if he is near you could risk 2,2 (as anti-air move) trying to predict his jump which leads to full combo.

You have enter close range, but at the same time you gotta be patience, because he can punish many moves you do from medium range. 214~Ice Clone is punishable by Force Push, by the way. Not sure about 224~Ice Clone, but I believe it's punishable as well. It's not a easy match up, any wrong read can lead to 40%+ damage for him, but like I said, Ermac isn't the best dealing with close pressure.

Quan Chi is a good 5-5 match up imo. He has a good combination of strings that you gotta learn otherwise you gonna end falling into his resets and strings variations all day long lol. Sub-Zero destroys Quan Chi at corner since he doesn't have many tools (aka enhanced specials with armor) to get out. It's another character that you can apply pressure basically for free once you knock him down, since his wake up options ain't the best either.
Thanks for the advice. A friend of mine KingRey plays one mean Quan-Chi and I was having trouble dealing with him due to the fact that he has trance (Which lasts longer than normal ice ball), and he has that unblockable string. Are you on Xbox or ps3 cause I'd love to play against you and get your input on what I can do to improve my SZ. I know force push is punishable but I seem to have issues doing do. Should I use B1,2 or 2,2?

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
Thanks for the advice. A friend of mine KingRey plays one mean Quan-Chi and I was having trouble dealing with him due to the fact that he has trance (Which lasts longer than normal ice ball), and he has that unblockable string. Are you on Xbox or ps3 cause I'd love to play against you and get your input on what I can do to improve my SZ. I know force push is punishable but I seem to have issues doing do. Should I use B1,2 or 2,2?

Ps3, but I avoid playing online due lag. But yeah, sure we could play. My psn is FabioBidu.

Your question, you mean which string to use to punish Ermac's Force Push? 2,2 for sure. b1,2 does more damage, but it's slower.

bidu im pretty sure quan chi can duck sub zeros standing 2. its not 55 u cant pressure him at all.. i say 6 4 quan chi
So what you're basically saying is that any character that can duck SZ's standing 2 it's 6-4? :confused:

Soryo

Ps3, but I avoid playing online due lag. But yeah, sure we could play. My psn is FabioBidu.

Your question, you mean which string to use t

So what you're basically saying is that any character that can duck SZ's standing 2 it's 6-4? :confused:
Yea that sounds about right Quan-Chi has a bunch of things that Sub just cant deal with very well. He kind of pisses all over Subs game... though most characters do that....

Soryo

12:08 am now. lol I'm from Brazil. :(
:( I'm sorry, but if your still awake when I get home then we will fight, But if not then we could always do it tomorrow. I just really want some good advice about Sub from some one good, and your pretty damn good.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Im not saying that at all, but the fact is you cannot pressure him at all. you have to go to him, and when you get in, you can't pressure him. he can just block low, watch for fwd 4 and all sub can do is d4. then he simply counter pokes or steps back and wiff punishes the next d4.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
I only wonder if this fuckin difference between character's hit box is working as intended. It sure doesn't look like it to me.

For instance I can pressure Ermac with 2,1 all day long but I can't do it against Reptile, Quan Chi, Mileena e others.