What's new

Tech - Grandmaster SZ Corner game

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
To all that are having issues with the timing. You HAVE to use j2 for the forward jump punch. Otherwise, you can't hit f12 high enough to get the advantage you need.

On another note - I am still having a hell of a time with Jax's armored dash punch. It feels very tight and I trade more often than I win. Anyone have tips on this one?

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
To all that are having issues with the timing. You HAVE to use j2 for the forward jump punch. Otherwise, you can't hit f12 high enough to get the advantage you need.

On another note - I am still having a hell of a time with Jax's armored dash punch. It feels very tight and I trade more often than I win. Anyone have tips on this one?
In certain match ups, it might just be safer to go for the normal armor breaks. For instance, I know that you can occupy Jax's ex dash fist armor with d2 for an unscaled 14%, then the following combo on an airborne Jax. If he blocks, the d2 push back puts SZ well behind clone where Jax could/ would punish the blocked b2 the same way. There are obvious advantages to Brady's set up, but you might try this to see what's reliable when you need a sure thing. Check the sticky on armor shredding for more examples of this.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
In certain match ups, it might just be safer to go for the normal armor breaks. For instance, I know that you can occupy Jax's ex dash fist armor with d2 for an unscaled 14%, then the following combo on an airborne Jax. If he blocks, the d2 push back puts SZ well behind clone where Jax could/ would punish the blocked b2 the same way. There are obvious advantages to Brady's set up, but you might try this to see what's reliable when you need a sure thing. Check the sticky on armor shredding for more examples of this.
Well, I mean I well placed d4 or f4 will shred the armor, but then clone freezes them so I lose damage and the looping setup. Thats what i've been doing for jax. So its not optimal at all. I am more interested in the Sub communities feelings about using this in the Jax MU. (if it ever gets to the corner in subs favor, just taking jax there is terrifying lol)

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Would you get more advantage skipping the njp and going straight to the ji2 against Jax?
No. You'd be more apt to miss the f12 all together or hit it too late, actually losing + frames since you are relying on a manual delay of f12 to make it not whiff. It's just a combination of the move being hella fast, and having a hurt box on his fist/arm that seems as if it becomes active after it's already on the other side of the clone. All this leads up to VERY strict timing and spacing to actually win with b2 and get the setup.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Well, I mean I well placed d4 or f4 will shred the armor, but then clone freezes them so I lose damage and the looping setup. Thats what i've been doing for jax. So its not optimal at all. I am more interested in the Sub communities feelings about using this in the Jax MU. (if it ever gets to the corner in subs favor, just taking jax there is terrifying lol)
Well let's break this down a little further. Lets say Jax is tired of blocking, throw into clone is getting to him. Max advantage f12 > clone, and he's going to wake up OH dash fist.

Brady's method: b2 lands, ~40% damage.

D2 method: 14% unscaled, njp, jip, ji2, max advantage f12 > clone. This is probably around 30%.

Whether you hit Brady's or the d2 armor break twice (successfully looped), you're still going to have to hit the opponent with one more combo. Even if you shred armor with d4 or f4, the corner trap is more important than the damage. Brady himself would take that over damage.

I'm not saying it's impossible, and I don't believe you should sacrifice the optimal set up because of difficulty. But if the match up calls for it, forgo the b2. Let's the the hard frames at which Brady's set up fails and go from there.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
There are a few variations you can try. None are really superior to the others. Use what's comfortable for you (not all inclusive, b2 > 242 route is an alternative worth exploring).

Meterless
- b2, b2, d1, b3 xx clone, njp, ji2, f12 - 32%
- b2, b2, d3, b3 xx clone, njp, ji2, f12 - 32%
- b2, b2, 1, 1, b12 xx clone, njp, ji2, f12 - 37%

1 bar
- b2, b2, b12 xx ex ice blast, njp, ji2, f12 - 36%

I use the first variation, "d1, b3 xx clone..." The d1 after double b2 just feels natural since it's what the male BnB is anyway, and it's consistent enough for my own play.

Thanks, @Ree301 i actually didn't know about some of those.
What are you guys using after the clone is out?

b2,242~klone shatter...

the 11~klone - the clone doesn't form, or sometimes the klone doesn't shatter.

any suggestions? i'm trying stuff now.

Last edited:

boba_buster

Noob saibot
11xxklone allows the highest freeze , easier to land the njp
F42xxklone works good but sometimes their so low to the ground when frozen that I can't connect the njp

Solignac

Noob
There are some out there who would burn the meter (ex ice blast) on the female shatter conversions. It's an easier pill to swallow if you consider b33 xx ice ball connects midscreen on females.
It's sucks that burning meter on an otherwise meterless combo is actually a good option only because the clone shatter is so inconsistent with females. I get that not all combos can be perfectly easy but we're human and it's so tough to get the clone placement in a consistent spot everytime, especially in the heat of a match.