What's new

Superman Situational Glitch, 71% by TONY-T

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
Yeah, you should work on that, put together proof.

Or just ask TONY-T and let him confirm what I said. Whichever. Also, you're kinda slow, eh?
Proof of what ? I am not the one claiming it works only on armored moves. Nothing was said in the description either. The combo starts after the second laser.

Slow ? Is that your attempt at trying to look smart ? Next time, try harder.

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
Btw great job TONY-T keep bringing the supes tech. We need to forget about all the haters and rep superman well. As a very wise comedian said once "if you ain't got someone to hate one, feel free to hate on me!" Katt Williams.

Celerity

Lab Monster
Tony-t made all kinds of videos like this for MK9. There were some for INJ, but not so many as of late. People here love to watch what tony comes up with. Most of the stuff is not viable like he says, however they are still fun to watch. Would help if you knew a little of the back story before questioning everything that goes to the front page.
I totally support TONY-T and anyone who finds bugs in the game, I think it's great. But putting it on the front page misleads people into thinking this is something practical, and just starts up more balance whining. If you're going to frontpage this, you should title it "super armor glitch found" or something. At least provide details as to how it works, because I'm still unclear.

I totally support TONY-T and anyone who finds bugs in the game, I think it's great. But putting it on the front page misleads people into thinking this is something practical, and just starts up more balance whining. If you're going to frontpage this, you should title it "super armor glitch found" or something.

And make sure that it explains how/why this combo works. People are vehemently arguing that this is an example of a real and practical combo. It simply isn't.

zaf

professor
I totally support TONY-T and anyone who finds bugs in the game, I think it's great. But putting it on the front page misleads people into thinking this is something practical, and just starts up more balance whining. If you're going to frontpage this, you should title it "super armor glitch found" or something. At least provide details as to how it works, because I'm still unclear.

That is just nitpicking at this point. It is just a thread title, who cares ?
You really think this is THAT misleading? It has tony-t's name in the title.

Go through the thread and read all of the comments calling for nerfs, arguing that this is practical, etc. And you will realize it's not nitpicking, it is attempting to avoid this kind of nonsense response from the IGAU community.

Celerity

Lab Monster
The whole title and introduction paragraph blows this thing out of proportion and makes TYM staff look silly for not recognizing what it actually is. You don't find an extremely impractical glitch and then present it as a "71% midscreen combo", that's just sloppy misinformation. "Beastly combo"? "Time to cry"? Come on, it's shameful the way this was presented.

zaf

professor
Go through the thread and read all of the comments calling for nerfs, arguing that this is practical, etc. And you will realize it's not nitpicking, it is attempting to avoid this kind of nonsense response from the IGAU community.

I have gone through the thread already. Nothing new to see. A change of the thread title will not do anything. The same people are going to come in the thread and type the same things regardless.

As for practicality or how it works, that does not go into a thread title. That would be left for the main post of the thread or for the comments in the video.

You really think it is thread titles that make people call for nerfs or argue in general?
please

You will receive a nonsense response no matter the question when you ask someone from inj

Clark

Hides behind armor
Cool find, but its a worthless, impractical combo. Nothing needs to be patched, this will never be done in a real match.

Clark

Hides behind armor
I too am mad that this is frontpaged, as if its some new bnb that will make superman even more broken. People will just see the title and call for nerfs. This isn't even worth posting, as it just will never even remotely happen in a real match.

zaf

professor
The whole title and introduction paragraph blows this thing out of proportion and makes TYM staff look silly for not recognizing what it actually is. You don't find an extremely impractical glitch and then present it as a "71% midscreen combo", that's just sloppy misinformation. "Beastly combo"? "Time to cry"? Come on, it's shameful the way this was presented.
This is something I can understand and makes more sense then just the title.
The title on its own really seems trivial to me. But the intro is something different.

nightw0lf

Earthrealm Defender / F23 MAN
If you didn't like Superman already ( I DON'T), you're really going to hate him now. TONY-T stopped in to say that he's got a 71% Superman combo from mid-screen that one takes one bar of meter (REALLY?!). Time to cry, level up or wait for the patch? (IS THIS A VIABLE COMBO I SHOULD BE WORRIED ABOUT?) Regardless, there is no denying that this combo is quite beastly and is something to watch out for! (IT IS, HOLY SHIT!)

See, I am a newb and I don't know how this combo works. Is it a glitch? If it is there is nothing in the post to say it is. Nothing explained. Thanks for considering other people TYM. Twats.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Ok, this is been blown way out of proportion.

Yes the combo is a glitch.

The first laser is to trigger the super move, the 2nd laser is the start of the combo even though the combo counter doesn't count it.

The combo without any lasers or trait does 46% on its own as seen below.

The glitch tech works on a number of characters but easiest on lex. I also managed to get it working on general zods supermove. But you have to be precise with the 2 lasers..

Their is a real easy 1 bar version that does 70%.

laser, laser, trait, uf3, 1,1~db+2~MB, uf3, f2~df1, 3~df2~db1... 70%

I only did the harder version on lex cos it did 1% more damage, but the other combo is much easier and will work on all the cast..

The tech in the glitch combo is nothing new btw, it was being used in mk9 too. For instance you could do an uppercut on sheeva during her xray move then start a combo and it would do insane damage because it counted the uppercut as part of the combo..

This tech is by no means a call to get superman nerfed. It is completely situational and you will most likely never see this in a match.. This tech will most likely work with other characters too, so its not superman specific..

Redk9

Noob
"Time to cry, level up, or wait for the patch?"

How do you level up against a new combo? I don't even...

"Time to cry, level up, or wait for the patch?"

How do you level up against a new combo? I don't even...

In this case? Don't do a raw super (or other long lasting armored move like a charged B3/F3) against someone who can punish your raw super/other armored move.

TemperingMoon

I Am The White Wolf
"If you didn't like Superman already, you're really going to hate him now. TONY-T stopped in to say that he's got a 71% Superman combo from mid-screen that one takes one bar of meter. Time to cry, level up or wait for the patch? Regardless, there is no denying that this combo is quite beastly and is something to watch out for!"