What's new

Breakthrough - Sun God Sun to receive new move in next patch

DoctorSexual

XBL: DoctorSexual PSN: Osh-Tek
Kotals overhead no. Scorps teleport yes but it's still tough. As it is right now it's perfect. You can grab specials with a bit of a read consistently but jumping normals get wrecked. Which is good for my game because I have problems with cross ups and frequent jumpers.

mattnin

Noob
b12 definitely hits better now to continue combos. Before I needed to use 21 to not whiff, now b12 feels similar.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Do you mean regular throw then use the soul charge move?
Yes.

I have played about 15 games online. F12 is awesome. On hit I get a soul charge, on block I'm safe and in range for d4/b1.

I was playing a decent kitana and the parry works on ground projectiles but not air ones. It's a life saver for meter build and taking no chip. I can't throw sun stone though at all.

After a regular throw I also get a soul charge and when I have three levels and no bar I cash it in. I can almost always go for ex grabs as AA and in combos for big damage. It's awesome.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Yes.

I have played about 15 games online. F12 is awesome. On hit I get a soul charge, on block I'm safe and in range for d4/b1.

I was playing a decent kitana and the parry works on ground projectiles but not air ones. It's a life saver for meter build and taking no chip. I can't throw sun stone though at all.

After a regular throw I also get a soul charge and when I have three levels and no bar I cash it in. I can almost always go for ex grabs as AA and in combos for big damage. It's awesome.
That sounds much better. They addressed everything I felt wrong when playing Kotal. Nothing to really press. Having to force grabs in to get the charge (which can mess with positioning), parry got better. Excellent patch for Kotal. Definitely would use him in tournament now.

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
Yes.

Testing it in training mode ... definitely absorbs air fans.

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
Damn, he can't Parry KL's Orbiting Hat. Well, he can, but for some reason he doesn't recover, so it's worthless. And his EN Grab still whiffs, so WG will probably remain the better pick in that match up.

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
I have been playing Kotal here and there for about two months now, and it looks like I will be using him regularly now. So many PERFECT buffs. Now maybe Kotal will not seem so...off to me.

mattnin

Noob
Does parry work against a thrown Ice Klone? I doubt it. I can't lab right now, but parry works against Kitana Glaives and air Glaives but not ex Glaives. Also his parry is fast enough now that it works against many combo strings without the need for meter burn.

Last edited: