What's new

Breakthrough - Sun God Sun to receive new move in next patch

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Oh also, when they say they got rid of the gap in b122, is there a gap in the actual string I don't remember or is the gap between b122 and almost any special canceled into it gone? Because if it's the latter, then that is absolutely huge for all variations.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Oh also, when they say they got rid of the gap in b122, is there a gap in the actual string I don't remember or is the gap between b122 and almost any special canceled into it gone? Because if it's the latter, then that is absolutely huge for all variations.
You could armour after B12 and before B122.

Second Saint

Here's the move. Starts at 46:50 I dunno guys, that startup looks alot longer on second glance.

47:38, it's kind of hard to hear because 16 bit tried to say something, but he clearly says "also some block pressure on some moves."

We're in there, boys.

mattnin

Noob
Thanks, just from revisiting that thread I think we now block "infinite" the entire cast until we run out of meter.
If you're right (and you usually are), and this is true, every Tom, Dick, and Harry tier whore will be migrating to Sun God. It will likely be debuffed in the future too aka Boneshaper.

mattnin

Noob
The changes are absolutely amazing.

You can now spam a move that recovers like air throw and get to lvl 3 in less than 3 fucking seconds.

Then cash it in for 18%.

You can literally do a 47% combo into your standard safejump into 114 ex soul burn, be +5 and gain 18% life for 0.60% of a bar while building back up to lvl3 faster than 3 seconds.

HUGE buff.

B1 being true mid solidifies particular block infinites vs Quan and rest of the cast, parry parrying projectiles means you punish

Shinnok beam
KL low hat
KL orbiting hat

As well as anything you're thrown at from zoners. In addition, it's a true wakeup, 1f and recovers even faster so you can full F2 combo shit you parry. Kotal's D4 was punished when previously you couldn't punish a fucking d3.

F1 being safe is also huge as it is your one safe option in footsies and counterpoking.

Great patch, amazing help.
Qwark, I really must say your level of analysis is extraordinary and there is so much to be learned from your posts.

Can anyone explain:
  • Kotal Kahn - Away+BP now low crushes and has 25 startup frames (down from 27)
Does this mean Away+BP hits low now and not mid?

DoctorSexual

XBL: DoctorSexual PSN: Osh-Tek
Qwark, I really must say your level of analysis is extraordinary and there is so much to be learned from your posts.

Can anyone explain:
  • Kotal Kahn - Away+BP now low crushes and has 25 startup frames (down from 27)
It just means it will in theroy jump over lows.

Second Saint

If you're right (and you usually are), and this is true, every Tom, Dick, and Harry tier whore will be migrating to Sun God. It will likely be debuffed in the future too aka Boneshaper.
I don't think it will be that bad since this can be armored out of, but it definitely could be very strong.

Also, EX Soul Spark at the start of the round, instant level three throw, cash it out and get most of your meter back when you need it. I think there could be something to that.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
It just means it will in theroy jump over lows.
I can say if you get a feel for the timing you will definitely see it jump over lows. I've done Raiden's f4 in neutral on people and their d3 and d4 miss while I get a knokdown. I don't know if it works on d1 and other crouching moves and lows. I don't know why I never tested that. . . .

"crush" basically means it dodges. So it's an option to attack while dodging/beating out an opponent's move. How effective it is depends on how NRS does crushes. But I'm sure it'll have great use, especially in neutral.

@Qwark28 You said parry would punish projectiles. How exactly? Wouldn't you be far away?

DoctorSexual

YeAh. Testing now. 114 is out of the question for sure. What else should I try? F1b2 spark combo continue is out as well.

Feels really sluggish.

Second Saint

YeAh. Testing now. 114 is out of the question for sure. What else should I try? F1b2 spark combo continue is out as well.

Feels really sluggish.
*sigh*

If it doesn't work on 114, it probably doesn't work on anything. Possibly just 4. Cool idea out the window :/

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.

Feels really sluggish.
You mean 114xxSoul Charge is unsafe? Or that you can't launch and then combo after it?

*sigh*

If it doesn't work on 114, it probably doesn't work on anything. Possibly just 4. Cool idea out the window :/
On the bright side the move itself is still good.

Second Saint

On the bright side the move itself is still good.
Yeah, it's still definitely useful, but I got my hopes up and now I'm disappointed. It could've been so much more.

Then again, we haven't really discussed the single greatest use of Soul Spark. No longer will I have to throw someone twice in practice to get to Lvl 3 throw. Just EX Soul Spark and go!

DoctorSexual

Yeah I'm finding it works really well on knockdown. Like off of b122 you can run in and maintain pressure no problem. And yeah air grab is legit. Just straight up eats shit up now. Testing with kungs dive kick now and it's tough but with a good read I can stuff it consistently.