What's new

Video/Tutorial - War God Sun Ray Applications (War God)

ShanxterX

@shanxterx follow me hoes
This works better and more consistent with ex sun Ray . Most of the time with regular Ray I can't break armor

D. R.

Noob
This works better and more consistent with ex sun Ray . Most of the time with regular Ray I can't break armor
Delay your hit slightly. The sun ray needs to break the armor first, then your attack will win every time. If it's occuring from gaps in your string, it's just a timing thing that maybe out of your control.

D. R.

Noob
Whata the difference between ex and regular?
Damage over time and area of effect. In comparison:

Normal Sun Ray is roughly 1 character size and does 0.5% damage per tick (up to 20 ticks) and can heal Kotal for 0.5% per tick (up to 20 ticks).
Total damage/heal = 10%

Enhanced Sun Ray is roughly 1.5 character size and does 1.0% damage per tick (up to 20 ticks) and can heal Kotal for 1.0% per tick (up to 20 ticks).
Total damage/heal = 20%

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Nice spot, yes it can which is why I don't go to set up sun ray often in the first place tho surprisingly I haven't had it punished this way yet so I keep it around and take the risk if it makes sense or just do f1b2 f1b2xx sunray instead tho I would rather not take the damage loss if I can avoid it. That said I would rather not take the risk either, are there any safe meterless options for setting up sun ray that would do more dmg than f1b2 f1b2 that already exist?
I don't think Sun/Blood god can viably set this up. In order to juggle so high they would have to give up at least 20% potential damage and spend a bar into this setup.

Ooh my..u can do this in the corner with Sun god: f1b2/f2,f2 ~ f1b2 ~ sun ray or sun beam if u have the meter( i recommend this cuz it adds massive tick damage) then quickly do a meaty command grab. Not only will it break the armor and grab them if they wakeup but if they don't wakeup it will grab them regardless :D . This soo dirty since lvl 3 will throw them right back into the corner.Tested it on Scrubzero's Icey Slide and it works but the slide sometimes goes under the Grab and hits or it will trade if done too early or too late. It doesn't work on Reptiles Slippery slide but It works 100% on EB's Slide.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
if u do this with ex sun in the corner u will heal AND do damage ;)
I get hit sometimes trying to run after doing it when my opponent is cornered, but its a nice tool for head-games. Most of the time they panic and try to jump out.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Lol holy shit that's so good.

What happens if Jason did dd4 and walked into the ray? *tink**tink**tink**tink**tink**tink**tink**tink**tink**tink*

I'm laughing at made up things in my head. What's wrong with me xD

GAV

Lol holy shit that's so good.

What happens if Jason did dd4 and walked into the ray? *tink**tink**tink**tink**tink**tink**tink**tink**tink**tink*

I'm laughing at made up things in my head. What's wrong with me xD
It ignores armor.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Ooh my..u can do this in the corner with Sun god: f1b2/f2,f2 ~ f1b2 ~ sun ray or sun beam if u have the meter( i recommend this cuz it adds massive tick damage) then quickly do a meaty command grab. Not only will it break the armor and grab them if they wakeup but if they don't wakeup it will grab them regardless :D . This soo dirty since lvl 3 will throw them right back into the corner.Tested it on Scrubzero's Icey Slide and it works but the slide sometimes goes under the Grab and hits or it will trade if done too early or too late. It doesn't work on Reptiles Slippery slide but It works 100% on EB's Slide.
This does not work. Tech roll into wakeup will always punish you, sun and blood god can set up the ray but don't have the time to get a normal out to hit the opponent out of the armoured wakeup.

This does not work. Tech roll into wakeup will always punish you, sun and blood god can set up the ray but don't have the time to get a normal out to hit the opponent out of the armoured wakeup.
I guess the mix up would be to EX parry in those variations and try to capitalize that way? or is there no time to EX parry?

GAV

Although its relatively unrelated, I've used mostly Kotal's Sun God variation since the game came out - breaking in stretches to switch characters, not variations.

Today, I used War God for an hour - and didn't lose. Same player with same execution seems like twice the player going from Sun to War.

I'm super reliant on the Sun Throw in Sun God too. I thought it would take time to make the switch. War God is absolutely loaded with armor and mixups.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I didn't play anyone really good, but I don't think I ever even lost half my health in any one round. He's just ridiculous.
Easy to say that against bad players who don't punish anything or know his mixups. EX OSS limits a lot of things that bad players like to do so.

GAV

Easy to say that against bad players who don't punish anything or know his mixups. EX OSS limits a lot of things that bad players like to do so.
I knew I hadn't immediately become a world-beater, but I did find it insane how fast the matches were. It was ready...set...fight.its over.

I'm amazed at how many players hold down-back to block low. How do they ever expect to be able to block any mixups?

GAV

I dont find that much trouble against zoning. Anyone saying kotal has no good mobility is insane.
Really good and patient zoners are the ones that give me issues. If they're just spamming, I can always get around it.