What's new

Video/Tutorial - War God Sun Ray Applications (War God)

Sogekking772

Who's next?
Awesome, but it's not War God exclusive right? All 3 varations can benefit from this?
And I guess it work only with EX version of sun ray?

D. R.

Noob
Awesome, but it's not War God exclusive right? All 3 varations can benefit from this?
And I guess it work only with EX version of sun ray?
Not WG exclusive, all variations can benefit, and works with any variation of Sun Ray. I prefer EN though because the Ray has a larger area of effect, does more damage and if set up correctly heals Kotal as well while he's chipping away at the opponent.

InFlames

dead
I'm so used to Erron's caltrops that I didn't realize Sun Ray hits armor. This is some really good stuff.

I don't think this works on pc... was this a stealth change with the latest patch? The sun ray, EX or not, doesn't even make the armor *tink* sound when it "hits" an armored opponent. I even tried with the same character, variation, combo, stage, blockstring, and everything.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
damn

that's dirty

edit: seems like you have to shorten it a little in blood/sun, since i can only get a poke out if i do f2 f1b2~ex ray but it's definitely potent for both

Last edited:

Shufflez

Noob
Nice post. My go to for setting up sunray atm in the corner for all varations is f1b2 since it's fairly easy to do and you don't lose much damage. I'm unsure atm if the regular sunray lands on both kotal and the opponent, will need to double check.

D. R.

Noob
I don't think this works on pc... was this a stealth change with the latest patch? The sun ray, EX or not, doesn't even make the armor *tink* sound when it "hits" an armored opponent. I even tried with the same character, variation, combo, stage, blockstring, and everything.
It came with the most recent patch. I knew about it literally minutes after downloading the patch since sun rays are staple in my corner combos but never got around to sharing it since I was busy prepping for finals and I figured someone else may have stumbled onto it. Seemed so obvious to me. Very surprised no one else seemed to have known about it.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Nice post. My go to for setting up sunray atm in the corner for all varations is f1b2 since it's fairly easy to do and you don't lose much damage. I'm unsure atm if the regular sunray lands on both kotal and the opponent, will need to double check.

That is not safe. They can tech roll and punish you.

Shufflez

Noob
That is not safe. They can tech roll and punish you.
Nice spot, yes it can which is why I don't go to set up sun ray often in the first place tho surprisingly I haven't had it punished this way yet so I keep it around and take the risk if it makes sense or just do f1b2 f1b2xx sunray instead tho I would rather not take the damage loss if I can avoid it. That said I would rather not take the risk either, are there any safe meterless options for setting up sun ray that would do more dmg than f1b2 f1b2 that already exist?

Last edited:

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
First version can be punished by Reptile's EX Slide (fastest move in the game). Luckily, no one plays Reptile. First version can also be punished by Kung Lao's spin, regular and EX. However, if the NJP is omitted and you hit the F1, B2 at the highest point, which is tricky, it's safe.

Still, great find.

D. R.

Noob
First version can be punished by Reptile's EX Slide (fastest move in the game). Luckily, no one plays Reptile. First version can also be punished by Kung Lao's spin, regular and EX. However, if the NJP is omitted and you hit the F1, B2 at the highest point, which is tricky, it's safe.

Still, great find.
I note all of this in the video description on YouTube. lol But yeah, thanks for clarifying it here.

Karnage

Ancestors give me Strength!!
think its better to end in 114 ex close sunray, you get 32% and you still have enough time to follow up with a b1 or d4 beating the armor?

Last edited:

D. R.

Noob
Just found this in training after 10minutes of trying kotal out for the first time, im surprised this was only found sunday?

think its better to end in 114 ex close sunray, you get 32% and you still have enough time to follow up with a b1 or d4 beating the armor
This isn't "new" tech, I just finally decided to share it and your combo you posted... Please set the dummy to wake up attack AND roll, then tell me if you can stuff their wake up.

D. R.

Noob
Man, you all just want it all! Lol For the absolutely safe variant even to Reptile's EN Slide and Cassie's EN Flip, it's:

In the corner, hit or string into EN db1, 4 xx EN sun ray

So for example:
b14 xx EN db1, 4 xx EN Sun Ray
25%

Bear in mind it can be the normal sun ray or enhanced, I just like to do EN to go for the kill.

There, now all my Sun Ray tech is out there. Abuse this shit guys, it's legit as fuck.