What's new

Tech - Summoner Summoner isn't just a zoner

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge

so i made a quick vid showcasing what Summoner Quan is still capable of Up close. He's got safe jailing 50/50's that must be blocked and cannot be armored, and may even be slightly +. If they are not blocked they will lead to a combo, a knockdown and free bat. Don't be afraid to run up and try some of these instead of just hanging back and trying to zone the whole time.

also there's a bit of dancing :D

Last edited:

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
I never seen a Summoner just zone. I seen them rush you to the corner and place armor spells. Or rarely place red portal for chip out damage. Sometimes I get those placing purple to outzone my Cyber, but the corner armor portal is the way to go.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
predatorrr or whatever his name was said in a stream that that was all he could do anymore was zone.....so i made this to prove anyone else who thinks the same wrong :)
I played him serveral times. If I recall he tried that zoning crap and didn't work. I just rush him. Then he choose to use armor spells that neglect my CT rush downs.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Please teach me how to do armour spells with summoner ;_;
Really Dink? You should know, are you trolling me?? You are one of the better Quans out there. Placing someone in the corner with a armour spell after a hard knock down can benefit you. I don't play teleport charaters, so once I see the green rune. It can limit my options to get out since you have one free hit.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Really Dink? You should know, are you trolling me?? You are one of the better Quans out there. Placing someone in the corner with a armour spell after a hard knock down can benefit you. I don't play teleport charaters, so once I see the green rune. It can limit my options to get out since you have one free hit.
Sorcerer summoner warlock are quans variations

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
your the one who said place a spell in SUMMONER......xD

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
you don't so much zone with Quan as u do create the Illusion of zoning, the Bat is a threat, and it'll give you respect to do more things. Bat=Respect, its scarier when you have the bat out than when you actually shoot it. Baiting people to come in via jump or armor or run and then just running forward and going for a 50/50 is one way to make em think twice about doing that :)

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
also if the vid seems a bit random, its because i was talking about certain stuff, but i didnt have record mic enabled soooo yea xD.

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
I wish most Summoners I ran into "just zoned." They are all over the damn place lol. The Overhead swordxxlow bat link gets me every time and I feel like an idiot for falling for it.

macro

Eezeepeezee
...shhhh