What's new

Summit Voting Part 2: The 2nd spot goes to Tweedy

Comments

Asking for votes is fine. Specifically begging for votes on a soapbox about how you’re supposedly not conspiring to keep someone out, and it’s all honest, when you’re actually conspiring to do exactly that is disingenuous.
Take your tinfoil hat off

Trying to get you and your friends in isn't the same as conspiring to keep someone out.

Last edited:
Asking for votes is fine. Specifically begging for votes on a soapbox about how you’re supposedly not conspiring to keep someone out, and it’s all honest, when you’re actually conspiring to do exactly that is disingenuous.
"Asking" (when one person does it) for votes is fine, but "begging" (when it's someone else) isn't? What kind of arbitrary bs is that lmao give me a break :rolleyes:

Also what's the practical difference between "conspiring to keep someone out" and "conspiring to be voted in" or, even simply "voting for someone else"? If my friends and I split our money between 3 people are we "conspiring" to keep all the others out, or just tweedy specifically? I'm not seeing any of this outrage from all the eliminated players about "conspiracies to keep them out", and they're actually out of it

NGL, what confuses me amongst all the drama is this:

People show distaste, disgust and whatever the hell else you want to call it towards Tweedy for his behavior in regards to how he treats other people.
Nobody is saying he's a bad player, in fact everyone knows it is quite the opposite.
Tweedy accomplishes a goal and says "I told you fuckers I could do it. Fuck everyone who doubted me. See me in X game shittalker!"
despite the fact that any problems anyone has ever had with him has had absolutely zero percent to do with his gameplay.

Am I getting any of this wrong?

"Asking" (when one person does it) for votes is fine, but "begging" (when it's someone else) isn't? What kind of arbitrary bs is that lmao give me a break :rolleyes:

Also what's the practical difference between "conspiring to keep someone out" and "conspiring to be voted in" or, even simply "voting for someone else"? If my friends and I split our money between 3 people are we "conspiring" to keep all the others out, or just tweedy specifically? I'm not seeing any of this outrage from all the eliminated players about "conspiracies to keep them out", and they're actually out of it

Just to clarify since it seems like some people are confused about what got people mad:

This isn’t about plotting to get your friends in, or anything like that. All that is fine. It’s about being intentionally dishonest to people you’re campaigning to for votes, and willfully misrepresenting the situation in a public fashion, knowing the whole time that you cut a backdoor deal in a ‘secret chat’ to get you in. And then when you’re called out on it, attempting to make the person who’s actually telling the truth look crazy.

Last edited:
lol
Just to clarify since it seems like some people are confused about what got people mad:

This isn’t about plotting to get your friends in, or anything like that. All that is fine. It’s about being intentionally dishonest to people you’re campaigning to for votes, and willfully misrepresenting the situation in a public fashion, knowing the whole time that you cut a backdoor deal in a ‘secret chat’ to get you in. And then when you’re called out on it, attempting to make the person who’s actually telling the truth look crazy.
This seems weak on its face. Tweedy was making a show of giving up, apologising to people for the money they spent on him and stuff, while "secretly conspiring" to raise money from his friends and bomb himself in at the last second. Was that intentional dishonesty and wilful misrepresentation worthy of another episode of drama?
No point going in circles if you have nothing new to say

lol

No point going in circles if you have nothing new to say
Show me Tweedy's video imploring you to vote for him because he's specifically taking the moral high ground on confirmed players buying votes for him. And trying to ruin someone else's credibility for suggesting he'd have a confirmed summit player buy him votes.

You're specifically ignoring every part of the explanation that has to do with what actually got so many people angry.

Last edited:
going full passive aggressive about it with the whole "super duper secret summit chat" shit like a group of massive bitches is a fucking disgrace. And then congratulating him after he wins as if you haven't been actively tryna push him out like the 2 faced scumbags you are is all the more disgusting.
I have always been one of the biggest sonicfox fans because i always held him on a pedestal above petty shit like this, and i am now so fucking furious at how naive i was.

at least when tweedy's got beef with someone he's all up in their faces howling like a man, not little conspiring bitch like sonic and the gang.
Glad you have finally seen the light.

Oh, it's the Salt Lord from MK11 reveal. I'm okay with that, this tournament just became that much more entertaining :3

Edit: now that I've read the whole thing I feel like putting my 5 cents in.
In theory, it's ok to push your friends into the tournament by buying votes in bulk as you're still supporting the tournament with that money. But it just feels wrong in this case. Every player deserves to be voted by the community and nominated for participating in the tournament. If you want to buy votes for your friends - that's totally fine. But be open about it so it would be fair and clean. By arranging that conspiracy and lying about it you're essentially going against the community thinking you know better and kinda taint this whole endeavor. At least it feels like that to me. If Summit is considered a tournament open to all, then participants shouldn't be decided based on biases of other participants. In this case, if SF, KP or anyone else wanna see their friends on the tourney they should make one themselves, fund it and invite whoever they want.

Last edited:
I don't mind that he's a good player, but he's the mistake of everyone. I wonder who let this man go to summit after his trashtalk not only to everyone, but, also, to WonderChef's family.

I hope the rest of the Summiters embarass him, so that he'll think twice to come back.

@General M2Dave You’ve only dropped Sonic’s name, presumably because he’s the one you have a vendetta against — but this whole thing is bigger than Sonic, and if you’re going to name names here or on a podcast, you should name all of them.
Aside from Sonic Fox and Kitana Prime, I am currently unaware of any other names. Besides, Sonic Fox is the best and most popular player in this community. Of course, he is going to receive the most attention. If you know more names, list them.

Because you are more or less Sonic Fox's spokesman, how do you explain these actions? Also, how do these actions fit your narrative of him being "a highly professional and mature" person?

Your network is your net worth.
Cliques and popularity contests exist in every aspect of life and it’s pleasing to see the underdog rise up.

Im all for people being true to themselves but I would suggest that tweedy kills em with his skill and kindness.

I just wanna point out that this is exactly how politics works and why it's disgusting. Doesn't even matter what "the people" want... you know the ones who are supposed to decide who governs us (or in this case participates in the tournament)... it only matters what the people at the top want. It's pretty disgusting.

But I've been saying all along, this is why you don't trust top players.

There's always, ALWAYS an agenda.

No clue. I was struggling at first on the beta but the last 2 days I was beating everyone besides Dragon, who I went event with. All Baraka. Definitely don't want to be predictable tho, and the beta characters will be the most predictable in a 2 week tournament. I'll probably keep Baraka around and find an extra potato for summit. After summit tho i'm diving into the whole cast.
Which Uncle JBeezY was on the receiving end of. Hell, I didn't even win a single round! Do me a favor....if you're going to FUCK ME THAT HARD can you at least take me to dinner? I like Red Lobster muthafucka ;)

But fo' realz though....Your Baraka is scary as fuck and you utilized all his cheap shit to make him Godlike. BUT with the variations only being 2, definitely explore other characters that fit your playstyle. I know for damn sure they will! Be prepared and I know you can do it.

With all the shit ive been reading in this thread, and even looked up those screenshots, I can see why you were upset. And rightfully so. This is why you NEEDED to be in the Summit in the first place! They're threatened by you. They despise you. And they "try" to do all they can to keep your ass out but you got in. So you have to do EVERYTHING in your power to whoop that ass and keep them being mad. To keep it all the way live, you are the Cinderella story for getting in with no sponsor and all the cards stacked against you. NOW that you're in, FOCUS on winning. No more time for bullshit drama. Its time to grind. Uncle JBeezY is very proud of you and I will be watching. Give em hell <3

Aside from Sonic Fox and Kitana Prime, I am currently unaware of any other names. Besides, Sonic Fox is the best and most popular player in this community. Of course, he is going to receive the most attention. If you know more names, list them.

Because you are more or less Sonic Fox's spokesman, how do you explain these actions? Also, how do these actions fit your narrative of him being "a highly professional and mature" person?
I feel the same way I felt about REO’s lame-duck PSN account for that competition.. Which is that although it’s technically allowed by the rules, it really shouldn’t be, and it doesn’t leave a good taste in anyone’s mouth.

But really what sent it over the edge here is that video alleging that Tweedy was blowing smoke/lying about Sonic buying votes, while in the background they were doing exactly that.

I feel the same way I felt about REO’s lame-duck PSN account for that competition.. Which is that although it’s technically allowed by the rules, it really shouldn’t be, and it doesn’t leave a good taste in anyone’s mouth.

But really what sent it over the edge here is that video alleging that Tweedy was blowing smoke/lying about Sonic buying votes, while in the background they were doing exactly that.
Yup, selling the whole "we don't complain when we don't get in, we just grind and congratulate, vote for someone like me", even though he knew Sonic was gonna get him in. So dumb that's why I deactivated my twitter. I knew all of that and I was gonna say some wild shit if I didn't just close my whole account.

Yup, selling the whole "we don't complain when we don't get in, we just grind and congratulate, vote for someone like me", even though he knew Sonic was gonna get him in. So dumb that's why I deactivated my twitter. I knew all of that and I was gonna say some wild shit if I didn't just close my whole account.
Well u do realize the whole house will be against you from the beginning right?

Just do your best to let your actions speak for you. Take the high road, kill em with kindness and skill.

can u send me a link of both of these? the one saying tweedy was lying and the one showing that that's what was happening