What's new

Tech - Grandmaster Subzero Untechable full combo throw

MK9

Noob
Ok so after a whole 5 mins of trying stuff. Plant , clone right before they get up, throw while holding towards clone. Can't get it every time but it has something to do with the timing of when u clone, like when opponent is dead flat on his back before he stands up. You do not need to run in you can walk in and it works.

That's what I got so far.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Plant don't matter, standing 2-db2 walk up throw+ back works also
This is a setup. You just described a gimmick.

S2 into clone not only is extremely unsafe but it also kills your pressure because you're not getting the clone setup for free of off a knockdown.

MK9

Noob
Ok not and infin. Do 12 clone walk up if you get the throw (b + throw with will connect every time off this set up) you get a free jump in 1 12 clone. So it's a loop with a 50/50 . I can test this part, but the clone is so close after 12 it looks like any attack would catch you in the clone, someone test possible escapes.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Ok not and infin. Do 12 clone walk up if you get the throw (b + throw with will connect every time off this set up) you get a free jump in 1 12 clone. So it's a loop with a 50/50 . I can test this part, but the clone is so close after 12 it looks like any attack would catch you in the clone, someone test possible escapes.
I suggest you read the previous threads. These are all known and like I mentioned, unsafe.

If you did 12 clone on block you'd be punished.

If you did it in a combo, you just wasted a good 20% off of the mediocre damage sub already does.

F12 clone sets up the exact same scenario.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I noticed Detroit Ballin doing this at GGA last week. His setup was different though. He ended with a njk splat.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I'mma do the smart thing, what are the the ways people can get out of the setup & punish?
Duck the throw.

What is the %? I always end my combos with F12 and the damage for that setup is about 22-28% off of general mixups and combos. More damage would be amazing to have considering just the inferior combos are more than enough to destroy most chars in the corner.
@Qwark28 I don't know the damage offhand for the combo I posted, sorry. If I remember I'll post it later tonight.

MK9

Noob
I don't think you fully get what I'm saying. If Tom has a full combo that than finishes with a clone than that is different.
I'm just looking for the way to get the untouchable throw.

If you land 12 clone in corner, u walk up and position urself right on top of ur clone, you than can react to whatever the person does, the only escape would be jump over or and ex move which I could block. Yes the damage sux , but if you land the throw, you get a free jumpin 12 clone and can repeat process.

So land 12 clone on someone in corner and tell all the ways to escape

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I don't think you fully get what I'm saying. If Tom has a full combo that than finishes with a clone than that is different.
I'm just looking for the way to get the untouchable throw.

If you land 12 clone in corner, u walk up and position urself right on top of ur clone, you than can react to whatever the person does, the only escape would be jump over or and ex move which I could block. Yes the damage sux , but if you land the throw, you get a free jumpin 12 clone and can repeat process.

So land 12 clone on someone in corner and tell all the ways to escape
I understand perfectly what you are saying and again stress than it's known and tested. We've been going back and forth on this...

If you land 12 clone in the corner it makes NO difference compared to the setup I've found. They have the EXACT same options to escape.

You cannot react to an armoured move, you either commit for the throw or not. Not doing means commiting to bait a special.

Ways which 12 can be escaped with

Duck
Jump
NJP/K
Armour

Ways which f12 can be escaped with

The exact same.

I don't think you understood the setup of the thread. The same thing you are describing with better damage.

MK9

Noob
If you hit confirm 1, the damage can't be greater. This thread is to see what sequence is used to make the throw un teachable.

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
off an hard KD you can get the clone out and block safely to punish random armor wake ups before they come out. i think that why where seeing a lot of big combos onto njk.There are just so many good setup. and his slide goes under knives and gun blast and all that! even the mid ones... this ver. of sub wont last long. so use em while we got em. His potential in the long run with this current version would be too good not to nerf....

BasiKs

get that work make that work work
So I tested this out, and the following setups both work similarly:

B2,B2,D1,B12~clone,NJP,JI2,F12, baby step back clone
B33~EX Ice Blast,B2,D1,B12~clone,NJP,JI2,F12, baby step back clone

When I say baby step back, I mean I do the "DB" motion, and hold back for just a fraction of a second before hitting 2.

I've only tested on Scorpion, and this won't work on females (on whom the D1, B12~ice clone is inconsistent), but so far looks like a cool path into this out of his regular vortex (and ending the combo with NJP,JI2,F12 does 3% more damage than NJP, NJK anyway.)

Pardon if my notation is somewhat off, I'm a bit new to MK's conventions.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
So I tested this out, and the following setups both work similarly:

B2,B2,D1,B12~clone,NJP,JI2,F12, baby step back clone
B33~EX Ice Blast,B2,D1,B12~clone,NJP,JI2,F12, baby step back clone

When I say baby step back, I mean I do the "DB" motion, and hold back for just a fraction of a second before hitting 2.

I've only tested on Scorpion, and this won't work on females (on whom the D1, B12~ice clone is inconsistent), but so far looks like a cool path into this out of his regular vortex (and ending the combo with NJP,JI2,F12 does 3% more damage than NJP, NJK anyway.)

Pardon if my notation is somewhat off, I'm a bit new to MK's conventions.
You can just end with F12 after the clone freezes them and it'l work as well.

I use B2 B2 1 1 B12 clone for ease.