What's new

Tech Submit your post patch trait setups here

ryublaze

Noob
For the freeze interactables, why not do a regular combo so you don't have to worry about the trait cooldown at the end? or does the freeze into trait 132 combo do more damage?

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
i gotta try and memorize thse setups, i still need to look at his corner reset again, ugh, i've been so lazy with this game.

TONY-T

Mad scientist

Here's a good chunk of safe setups ( some interactable ones are actually distance dependent and only on Superman Super anyways so i wouldn't worry about that ) , i have a few more but i may put on video soon.

Now i understand what this trait is meant to be used for , and trust me , it's scary , thread coming soon.
Good stuff man, im glad you added the freeze ones, i was going to add them too.

I still have a few more to add. Ill start recording now..

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
So Enuma Elish, I tried out the combo you told me before (B1U2, F3, D2, Ji2, F23 xx Flip, Trait) with a Ji3. You said it wouldn't connect all the hits of the Flip, but for me it does. It does 29% plus a trait activation. If you land a MB QF or an AR, you get a total of 35%.

Vagrant

Noob
Yeah Im all for letting this thread die after we get an optimal set up thread up and stickied. Looking forward to see what you guys post. I haven't even started using trait in my tourney play yet. Gotta work it into the muscle memory.

Matix218

Get over here!
The way I am interpreting the setups is that if you go for the ones that end in D2 xx trait (since it leaves you close to them) those are the ones that you will want to try to follow up with 132 right? Because basically on some of those (depending on the starter) you are sacrificing 10+% damage so you justify that by going for an unblockable 132 that will net over 30%. I guess the risk there is that the 132 is not guaranteed because they could always do a wake up attack which has invincibility frames, so it is kind of a risk to sacrifice the guaranteed damage to go for the 132 setup.

Basically all of the trait setups that end in max distance sword flip you are going to go for a machine gun after every time (possibly a machine gun followed by a MB machine gun for max damage?) Essentially on these there is less risk because the combos do close to 30% and you most likely will get at least 1 guaranteed machine gun hit afterwards.

There is not a guaranteed way to setup 132 after a d2 trait midscreen that I am missing is there?

Vagrant

Noob
The way I am interpreting the setups is that if you go for the ones that end in D2 xx trait (since it leaves you close to them) those are the ones that you will want to try to follow up with 132 right? Because basically on some of those (depending on the starter) you are sacrificing 10+% damage so you justify that by going for an unblockable 132 that will net over 30%. I guess the risk there is that the 132 is not guaranteed because they could always do a wake up attack which has invincibility frames, so it is kind of a risk to sacrifice the guaranteed damage to go for the 132 setup.

Basically all of the trait setups that end in max distance sword flip you are going to go for a machine gun after every time (possibly a machine gun followed by a MB machine gun for max damage?) Essentially on these there is less risk because the combos do close to 30% and you most likely will get at least 1 guaranteed machine gun hit afterwards.

There is not a guaranteed way to setup 132 after a d2 trait midscreen that I am missing is there?
Really from what i can tell so far it's more of an additional progression to go through.
Like ok end this combo in d2 and pop trait and lets see if they know to get the fuck out of the way of 132. If not then theres a free reset, If they do pushblock you off or go for a wakeup or just get the fuck away, then you kind of play a mind game back and forth you can use trait to bait an unsafe wakeup or a jump or whatever.

It's a shenanigan but it's a safe shenanigan to guage your opponents habbit. Is it worth the trade off in damage? Depends on the circumstance! and this is just from a d2 setup I havent messed with any of the dirty dirty potential yet. Thats why im looking forward to guys like J360 and TONY-T and Crathen and all the other contributors on the DS forum, posting the filthy stuff.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I played around with it some more, and I'm starting to think that 132 is what we REALLY want to go for. Another gun shot at the end of our combo just doesn't feel worth it to me. Let me explain:

If we want an absolutely safe trait setup, we have to sacrifice generally 3-4% off of our normal combos. This doesn't seem like much, but we're sacrificing our hitstun advantage too (Flip HKD). Add to that the damage nerf, and MB QF gives you 8%, and AR gives you 7%. In total, you're gaining a potential 3-4% added to the total damage you do, and that's only if you read their wakeup correctly.

Extra gun shots just don't sound worth it to me. It's a very miniscule boost to your damage, and the trait cooldown comes into effect. If you ask me, trait comes out so quickly now that I feel that we can just end normal combos and randomly use it now. Of course it CAN be punished, but if you don't abuse it, I think you can get away with it enough.

Ending with a D2 however is probably what I think will be the best use of trait in the future. The highest damage combo off of B1U2 I could get that ends in D2 does 27%. Compared to the normal B1U2 Bnb, that's a 5% decrease, but with the potential for a 33% extra added to that with the correct read. THAT is what I call worth it.

So tl;dr version: Correct read for extra guns = miniscule damage boost. Worth? I think not.
Correct read for 132 = HUGE damage boost. Worth? I like it...

Matix218

Get over here!
I played around with it some more, and I'm starting to think that 132 is what we REALLY want to go for. Another gun shot at the end of our combo just doesn't feel worth it to me. Let me explain:

If we want an absolutely safe trait setup, we have to sacrifice generally 3-4% off of our normal combos. This doesn't seem like much, but we're sacrificing our hitstun advantage too (Flip HKD). Add to that the damage nerf, and MB QF gives you 8%, and AR gives you 7%. In total, you're gaining a potential 3-4% added to the total damage you do, and that's only if you read their wakeup correctly.

Extra gun shots just don't sound worth it to me. It's a very miniscule boost to your damage, and the trait cooldown comes into effect. If you ask me, trait comes out so quickly now that I feel that we can just end normal combos and randomly use it now. Of course it CAN be punished, but if you don't abuse it, I think you can get away with it enough.

Ending with a D2 however is probably what I think will be the best use of trait in the future. The highest damage combo off of B1U2 I could get that ends in D2 does 27%. Compared to the normal B1U2 Bnb, that's a 5% decrease, but with the potential for a 33% extra added to that with the correct read. THAT is what I call worth it.

So tl;dr version: Correct read for extra guns = miniscule damage boost. Worth? I think not.
Correct read for 132 = HUGE damage boost. Worth? I like it...
I completely agree

I think 132 setups after d2 trait combos are the way to go, and not all the time. Just when you feel the need to risk the potential for resetting them instead of your guaranteed damage. I also see myself using trait after my standard bnb s that end in flip and just sticking with my standard max damage combos. If you use it sparingly just to get some additional damage or close out a round you will probably rarely be punished and still retain your full damage combos. That's my opinion

Also f3 mb damage buff is awesome for deathstroke. He is better post patch imo

Matix218

Get over here!
Oh, and Air GS is a free trait once again. Feel free to spam guns after that, that's an easy setup.
And with all of the interactables that now give you free (safe) trait setups I dont see how anyone could really think that this is not at least a slight buff for the character. I realize that the trait damage nerf was signifigant but essentially we were never even pressing the 4 button before this patch, so it gives you some free damage after air GS, interactables, and many combos...along with the potential for 132 resets/mindgames. Given that it was completely useless before and now it can be used relatively easily and quite safely how could it not be considered a buff? The way some guys talk about it on this forum it would make you think that DS is the worst in the game post patch when in reality he received a buff to trait, super (kinda useless but whatevs), and his already sick F3 (by gaining additional damage from MBing it). That combined with nerfs to some of his bad matchup characters (specifically batman) and to me he is a better character post 1.06

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
So Enuma Elish, I tried out the combo you told me before (B1U2, F3, D2, Ji2, F23 xx Flip, Trait) with a Ji3. You said it wouldn't connect all the hits of the Flip, but for me it does. It does 29% plus a trait activation. If you land a MB QF or an AR, you get a total of 35%.

How do you do it? When I do it, the 3rd hit of Flip doesn't connect.

Vagrant

Noob
The nerf to MB interactables hurt him. The buff to armored dash attacks hurt him too.

Played both 16 bits catwoman and ImNewbiSauces doomsday last night post patch with their armored dashes. Both these moves were getting stuffed by ex quick fire unless they are around like 1/4 screen. which wouldn't make sense for them to use there anyway at least not catwoman. Don't get me wrong I guess technically it does hurt deathstroke that they got these buffs. But it doesn't effect the matchup much at all.