What's new

Tech Submit your post patch trait setups here

Crathen

Death is my business
I may have found a guaranteed trait setup vs specific characters in the corner , nothing broken but could up our damage up to 50+ % , still testing it if there are way out other than pushblocking.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
So Crathen, I tried your setup on FoS this morning. I think I've found something that could be somewhat close to an "infinite" (don't wet your pants just yet though, it's tough).

So you get the opponent into the corner of FoS, and end with F23 xx Interactable (Laser), activatte trait, and sword flip to HKD.
After that, you make a read. Try to get them into a corner combo starting with 132, as shown in the second clip of Crathen's video.
After hitting with 132, do this corner combo: 132, (short delay) 323, MB Sword Spin, 323 F23 xx Interactable (Laser)

This combo lasts long enough for the trait to come OFF of cooldown, and the laser to come off of cooldown as well. So after that, activate the trait again, and end with another Flip. Repeat 132, and loop it again.

Of course, this is going to have to be based on opponent reaction, and it costs 1 meter for each combo. It's also a bit tricky to pull off in a match, but give it a try in training mode at least.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
So Crathen, I tried your setup on FoS this morning. I think I've found something that could be somewhat close to an "infinite" (don't wet your pants just yet though, it's tough).

So you get the opponent into the corner of FoS, and end with F23 xx Interactable (Laser), activatte trait, and sword flip to HKD.
After that, you make a read. Try to get them into a corner combo starting with 132, as shown in the second clip of Crathen's video.
After hitting with 132, do this corner combo: 132, (short delay) 323, MB Sword Spin, 323 F23 xx Interactable (Laser)

This combo lasts long enough for the trait to come OFF of cooldown, and the laser to come off of cooldown as well. So after that, activate the trait again, and end with another Flip. Repeat 132, and loop it again.

Of course, this is going to have to be based on opponent reaction, and it costs 1 meter for each combo. It's also a bit tricky to pull off in a match, but give it a try in training mode at least.
its not really an infinite then, since you have to make a read, lol. still good tho.

Crathen

Death is my business

Yeah it's very loopable , in that stage every character gets some fucked up shit from that laser , tho with DS trait it's pretty awesome mixup.

Problem ( if we wanna call that lol ) with trait setups is that they're not guaranteed but instead they turn out in a Wakeup or Not wakeup guessing game for the opponent , i'm experimenting with this setup in the corner that it's giving me headches , if only the trait started up 10 frames faster or if i could squeeze a little more advantage off Sword Flip / d2 it would be such a stupid good trait.

You guys want to help me test this one setup out?

Here's a sample combo b1u2 f3 1 23xxSF (25%) now trait and MB F3 , if they block it and don't pushblock the following 132 they eat a combo ( 132 has to be blocked because f3 is +10 ) , the issue with the MB f3 part of this setup is that some wakeups get away from it and all characters can forward dash it ( certain characters can also forward jump it ) , this is more of a guess than reaction.

Of course when they try to jump out or forward dashing now they're eating 132 on their wakeup ( wich hits of their stand block so they can't crouch it or jump it ) , there's also the option to go into a crossjump after traiting up so you evade certain wakeups and will hit their preemptive jump into a A2A combo.

So in short awesome 50/50 situation with little risk for giving up on an average 7 to 12% more guaranteed damage.

If you guys find anything let me know.

Mikman360
TONY-T
Vagrant
Enuma Elish
J360

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Yeah it's very loopable , in that stage every character gets some fucked up shit from that laser , tho with DS trait it's pretty awesome mixup.

Problem ( if we wanna call that lol ) with trait setups is that they're not guaranteed but instead they turn out in a Wakeup or Not wakeup guessing game for the opponent , i'm experimenting with this setup in the corner that it's giving me headches , if only the trait started up 10 frames faster or if i could squeeze a little more advantage off Sword Flip / d2 it would be such a stupid good trait.

You guys want to help me test this one setup out?

Here's a sample combo b1u2 f3 1 23xxSF (25%) now trait and MB F3 , if they block it and don't pushblock the following 132 they eat a combo ( 132 has to be blocked because f3 is +10 ) , the issue with the MB f3 part of this setup is that some wakeups get away from it and all characters can forward dash it ( certain characters can also forward jump it ) , this is more of a guess than reaction.

Of course when they try to jump out or forward dashing now they're eating 132 on their wakeup ( wich hits of their stand block so they can't crouch it or jump it ) , there's also the option to go into a crossjump after traiting up so you evade certain wakeups and will hit their preemptive jump into a A2A combo.

So in short awesome 50/50 situation with little risk for giving up on an average 7 to 12% more guaranteed damage.

If you guys find anything let me know.

Mikman360
TONY-T
Vagrant
Enuma Elish
J360

Is this in the corner? and 23 x Flip? I'm going to lab in a little while to test it.

Also I feel honored to be tagged besides the anti-nerf coalition days.

Crathen

Death is my business
Why 23 x Flip though?

Because it gives the most advantage from the Flip since it launches them higher , you can also replace it with d2xxflip or 32xxflip , the best combo damage + advantage for that setup i've found atm is b1u2 f3 d2 j2 23xxSF for 27% , f23xxSF ender usually gives less advantage on the knockdown because it scales gravity bad.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Because it gives the most advantage from the Flip since it launches them higher , you can also replace it with d2xxflip or 32xxflip , the best combo damage + advantage for that setup i've found atm is b1u2 f3 d2 j2 23xxSF for 27% , f23xxSF ender usually gives less advantage on the knockdown because it scales gravity bad.

Ok just confirming. Now I'll test.

Crathen

Death is my business

Here's what this setup is about...

1 part it's safe even from Superman Super

2 & 3 the 132 gets beat by wakeups

4 & 5 you can't jump or crouch the 1 so you get jailed by the string

Still trying some way to improve it but i guess i can mess with crossups after this one setup for now since i'll evade most wakeups and beat jumping out

Crathen

Death is my business
can you armor F3 after the setup and get it past say a 6 frame startup?

Yes , multi hit wakeups , jump forward ( character dependent ) , dashing forward and pushblock are a weakness , but people will get wakeup happy when they see the trait starting up so it's a decent thing to do to mix them up a bit.

You can also cross them up to make their wakeup whiff if you sniff it and full combo with 132

Crathen

Death is my business

Here's a good chunk of safe setups ( some interactable ones are actually distance dependent and only on Superman Super anyways so i wouldn't worry about that ) , i have a few more but i may put on video soon.

Now i understand what this trait is meant to be used for , and trust me , it's scary , thread coming soon.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook

Here's a good chunk of safe setups ( some interactable ones are actually distance dependent and only on Superman Super anyways so i wouldn't worry about that ) , i have a few more but i may put on video soon.

Now i understand what this trait is meant to be used for , and trust me , it's scary , thread coming soon.

How did you get the Pushback on the Sword Flip further even though we use the same combo? These were fucking awesome btw. The freeze resets are GDLK!

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I don't think we need a setup thread anymore honestly lol. It's incredibly apparent that trait is stupid easy to set up now. Like literally every interactable on hit sets it up.