Sub-Zero's 3rd equipment slot: wasted potential?

Discussion in 'Sub-Zero' started by Lokheit, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Lokheit

Lokheit Noob

This might seem unimportant as it's mostly something cosmetic, but I think Subbie's 3rd equipment slot is wasted on something that is completly irrelevant for the character:

Some very small kunais or shurikens attached to his belt that he doesn't really use and you don't even notice during his gameplay.

Other characters have far more relevant items here and you clearly see them during gameplay (turrets, banners, spears, medallion... Skarlet vials, even if small, are related to her powers and shine) and I think it would've fit Sub-Zero more to have a slot for his Grand Master medallion, which has had different designs over different games, and even make it shine during the use of his powers so the item gets some attention.

Currently this slot seems like a waste as it's not really something that anyone is going to notice and the whole point of equipment is to look cooler. No one is going to notice if you got something cool equiped there.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    wsj515, Afk Skinny, ji-high and 6 others like this.
  2. MagicMan357

MagicMan357 Black Dragon enthusiast

I agree that shits (soap bar in my mouth), why not ice hands or something lmao

BecomingDeath13 likes this.
  3. Vslayer

Vslayer Ask me about my Cassie Cage Agenda
    Premium Supporter

PSN:
    Godstank24
    I agree, and hey I think customization in a game is really important. Making a character feel like they're your own is important. I think the custom slots would have been better as weapon(s), head and body for all characters.

4. Pterodactyl

Pterodactyl Double Kahns, Double Briggs

If I don’t get my cryomancer hands back I swear to god I won’t even so much as hover over this character on the menu.

MagicMan357 likes this.
  5. STB Sgt Reed

STB Sgt Reed Online Warrior

So other than his mask, (and I guess kunai), what is the other?

6. HeavyNorse

HeavyNorse Edenian Assassin

His axes.

STB Sgt Reed likes this.
  7. STB Sgt Reed

STB Sgt Reed Online Warrior

In that case, considering the kunai are tiny and the axes aren't present until certain strings, I agree with OP. He needs something different to customize. lol

8. Jhonnykiller45

Jhonnykiller45 Shirai Ryu

PSN:
    Jhonnykiller45
    Steam:
    JK45
    Maybe you can equip the Grandmaster or Dragon Medallion on his belt? Probably not, but you've gotta remember we haven't even seen like half of his gear or skins yet.

9. They also need to change his hat or however u wonna call it,and his stance is soo lame,looks like his holding a baby,lol.Its a step down compare to mkx,almost all othe character look cool,just look at scorpion and raiden they look sick,i just want the same love for sub zero,he become a joke in the story,i mean cmon scorpion always beats him,cmon at least make them equals,its stupid that u treat one of the most popular characters like that,ur disrespecting us fans like that...

10. BecomingDeath13

Premium Supporter

Wtf are you talking about?

11. Am talking about his looks it sucks,i want it to be better.

12. ji-high

ji-high Noob

I agree but it's probably too late now to change anything. What we see is what we get unfortunately:(

Hopefully they give us the white eyes and icy hands at some point. He looks way too...''friendly' right now imo

13. BecomingDeath13

Premium Supporter

You can customize the characters and I've seen classic looking skins for him, among others. They look better than his default, but I like his default. I guess I'm in the minority

14. They changed skarlets hair,maby its not to late,its esay just to give him difrent head pice,iv seen the clasics it ok,but its not as good as mkx,i just hope u can have mkx skin,iv seen that they have the mask,i hope at least they give him the skin.cuz i really hate his look right now.