What's new

Tech Sub-Zero Wall Trap

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Maaaaaaan. You know I study your matches like a damn chemistry class.

212 Clone is the corner is the OG Tech. The go-to corner trap for Sub, save maybe J's 222 setup.
I just didn't know it could be turned into a blockstring loop that affects that wide a range of the cast.

People gon' get frozen.

THTB - It's still funny :D.

yeah, this set up I came up with a while ago and use it quite often along with several other options not in the video.

I'm glad REO is doing these videos so that sub-zero players can actually pay attention to these set ups because they sure as hell don't pay attention to them in my match play lol. To think something like this has gone unnoticed for so long when it is in so many of my match vids is beyond me.

I used this set up on seapeople at MLG in a sub mirror. when he would use the clone to guard vs the jump in, I would ex slide him on reaction into the corner clone and full combo.

There is also a corner clone trap where you can make a guess, and even if the opponent blocks the attack, they still cannot punish you or they will be frozen by the clone.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
yeah, this set up I came up with a while ago and use it quite often along with several other options not in the video.

I'm glad REO is doing these videos so that sub-zero players can actually pay attention to these set ups because they sure as hell don't pay attention to them in my match play lol. To think something like this has gone unnoticed for so long when it is in so many of my match vids is beyond me.

I used this set up on seapeople at MLG in a sub mirror. when he would use the clone to guard vs the jump in, I would ex slide him on reaction into the corner clone and full combo.

There is also a corner clone trap where you can make a guess, and even if the opponent blocks the attack, they still cannot punish you or they will be frozen by the clone.

Boxy does :D. I try to, anyway. Online does not translate well when it comes to gauging if/by how much I've improved -_-.

The EX Slide + corner clone setup (not into this, just in general) is something I've been trying to get down to a science.

EVEN WHEN HE'S IN THE CORNER, you're never safe from Sub in the corner.

Never.

Okay, sometimes.

But not often.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions

I pay very close attention to your SZ, its not all wasted effort :p

REO

Undead
Tom, it's interesting that you say that because I haven't seen you use this at VSM last week, or remember you using this at all actually. And if you knew about this and have been using it forever, like you said. I would NEVER choose Mileena (and a few others characters I play) against this character.

I always see you do a direct jump in kick (to get them in the clone if it hits), slide check, come in with d+4, dash up 2,2, or turtle outside it to bait something when there is a clone in their face.

Anyway, if I'm wrong, just post a video of you abusing this against someone in a match and I'll gladly credit you.

Truth

Noob
I knew about this setup, but I didn't know about the block advantage that Deep jump kicks were +18, shout outs to Somberness. Though one thing you might want to add REO is that sometimes when the deep jump kick isn't done from the correct spacing or if it is a little too high, the iceball from 212~Iceball will occasionally whiff. This happens normally when you do a deep jump kick and the opponent gets hit standing; the ex-freeze makes it a guaranteed setup but it is definitely not worth the meter. The best solution so far is to just do 214 and then back up to put up the clone to maintain corner pressure or to do 21~freeze, (B1)2,222 then clone, the 2nd setup is a variation of Denzel's 222 setups.

Another thing is REO is in your previous video you followed up 21 with D1~Iceball in the corner, but you can actually do D4~Iceball in corner as well for the extra 1% damage since D4s do more damage (3%) compared to D1s (2%).

reo, you cant be serious. I use this all the time. was even using it on J360 and Scoot over the weekend.

212~clone the deep jump kick. been doing that since before DEV. in fact, vs marvaz i did it in winners pools.

the "REO setup" lol i made up to punish the low hit box characters who try to AA with D+4. that way i can jump kick and if blocked have the adv, and if they try to D+4 then my jump kick will hit them into the clone for a full combo.

REO

Undead

9:59. he happened to try to low fireball there but even if he tried to aa with anything not a NJP, he would have been hit. I do this set up so often, in a lot of my matches you can see this setup actually.

dude, seriously bro.. i get enough trolling in that forum. please dont add to it.
That wasn't even the set up, dude.

Death

Noob
Tom was doing this to me all the time over at Blackulas the other weekend. As Sonya whenever he set the clone up and did a jump kick I couldnt do standing 1 cuz i would get frozen and would have to do EX Cartwheel to get out of the setup. As Mileena I was fucked when he did this. In the past I was able to get free ex telekicks but he was punishing me with almost 30% so ex telekick isnt so free anymore vs sub. I never saw it before and even asked him what that was. He also did regular slide where I couldnt punish it and EX Slide to get me frozen.

REO

Undead
Tom was doing this to me all the time over at Blackulas the other weekend. As Sonya whenever he set the clone up and did a jump kick I couldnt do standing 1 cuz i would get frozen and would have to do EX Cartwheel to get out of the setup. As Mileena I was fucked when he did this. In the past I was able to get free ex telekicks but he was punishing me with almost 30% so ex telekick isnt so free anymore vs sub. I never saw it before and even asked him what that was. He also did regular slide where I couldnt punish it and EX Slide to get me frozen.
I assume you are the person Tom quickly phoned "yo post in reos thread tell him i was doin dis shit to you all day yesterday hurry", huh?

Tom has failed to provide evidence of his claims. He has failed the Sub-Zero community in another area yet again. If this was Denzell, he would have provided proof.

Excuses.

Eh SnOwY

PC FGC
I assume you are the person Tom quickly phoned "yo post in reos thread tell him i was doin dis shit to you all day yesterday hurry", huh?

Tom has failed to provide evidence of his claims. He has failed the Sub-Zero community in another area yet again. If this was Denzell, he would have provided proof.

Excuses.