What's new

Tech Sub-Zero Wall Trap

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
Advantage jumpkick into a throw with the RedRaptor d4 setup is also pretty sweet.
I use 212, clone, deep jik, d4 (expect the clone), 21 pressure for another clone. Been using it and variations of it against low hitbox characters like jax for ages, actually.

It's a good setup and I usually try to react to neutral jumps with an air-to air combo. Will have to add the empty jump into the bag of mixups. Good stuff, Reo.

ryublaze

Noob
Advantage jumpkick into a throw with the RedRaptor d4 setup is also pretty sweet.
Idk if Brady has seen it yet but if he did he probably wouldn't bother with it because it can be escaped every time and 212 clone is guaranteed and if d4 hits then u might as well go for the guaranteed 212 clone. It's really only useful in fun casual matches (IMO).

Seapeople

This one's for you
Idk if Brady has seen it yet but if he did he probably wouldn't bother with it because it can be escaped every time and 212 clone is guaranteed and if d4 hits then u might as well go for the guaranteed 212 clone. It's really only useful in fun casual matches (IMO).
I'd like to hear what he thinks about it too.
I was trying to dash block to break the clone and it doesn't seem any easier to do than normal (unless it's one of the characters who can just crouch block to break it).
But yeah, I only use it against Cyber Sub & Raiden since you can't really 212 them.

I assume you are the person Tom quickly phoned "yo post in reos thread tell him i was doin dis shit to you all day yesterday hurry", huh?

Tom has failed to provide evidence of his claims. He has failed the Sub-Zero community in another area yet again. If this was Denzell, he would have provided proof.

Excuses.
Could this same trap/mixup work with 2,1,4 ice clone or 2,1 ice clone?

I'm the only true Tom Brady troll. haha ;)

But yeah I've been doing this since before any patches, a couple of months after the game came out, doesn't matter though. Like Reo said the only real way out is armor, but also just a really ballsy/good jump out. It's rare but possible.

MITDJT :
I use to do it with just 212. I'm sure it's possible with 21.
For example, you do 212 clone, then mixup D4, 212 clone, OR dash in D4, throw into clone/bait jump use 22 punish. There's a lot of variations. It wouldn't really work with 214 because when you clonem isn't there a bit of space for the opponent to move? I haven't played for a while so I can't remember. But I'm sure there's something you and Denzell could come up with. If I were to use 214 setup, I would dash to a range so the clone covers your space and then use 22 from a safe distance for pressure, mixup with throw. Pretty solid IMO.

As Mileena I was fucked when he did this. In the past I was able to get free ex telekicks but he was punishing me with almost 30% so ex telekick isnt so free anymore vs sub.
What did he does to punish ex telekick with 30% using sz?