What's new

Sub-Zero Pre-Release General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
So from the little testing i did his sweep might not be punishable against most of the cast because of the pushback. i tested some characters the ones I though might have the best chance a punishing him. Like i said i didnt test everyone but from who i did

Black Adam- No punish
Scarecrow- d1 but has to be close
Cheetah- d1 got to be closish and 1frame punish
Catwoman- No punish not 100% sure but the tested d1 and st1 cant punish
Grodd- D1 can punish no matter what since his d1 has long range

Lokheit

Noob
There seems to be a problem with his J2 hit advantage as sometimes it won't connect into strings like 22 (very important for his restand) if you do it too late when jumping attacks are supposed to have more advantage the later you use them. Probably related to his hitbox disappearing? I'm not sure and it shouldn't be a problem as it hits... Doing it earlier makes it connect no problem (even if it's early enough for the attack to be a Mid instead of an OH).

Also you can build some meter after a restand freeze before going for the J2,22 (for advantage), step back burst and then J2, it will look like the opponent exists the freezing animation and you're late, but the combo counter will keep up so it connects.

Last edited:

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
It doesn't work for everyone. I downloaded him and got some gear pieces, but he is unavailable on the character screen. And a lot of players had the same problem with Red Hood.
Close the application, restart your PS4. Then, boot up injustice, and go to the main menu screen. Don't press anything and let the game go into a demo for a few seconds. Hit a button to go back to the menu and it should work.

That's how it was with red hood anyway.

Lokheit

Noob
Just found something neat and I think it's the most optimal safe klone setup in the corner:

B3, Jump back 3 (b3 will make the opponent go over you in the corner but this keeps them cornered), B11D3. B11D3 is your only finisher with enough advantage for a safe klone that can't be tech rolled (all others can be tech rolled and punished). You can put a poke before the B11D3 for a bit more damage (and it can improve the last hit timing as some times it hits if you do it too soon).

Against opponents without advancing wakeups (they eat the klone with invincibility on wakeup) you can replace the B11D3 with B2, 123, step back klone (you can use command grab after 123 for a restand too).

This is going to be VERY IMPORTANT for his corner game as getting safe klone setups is what makes Sub-Zero live even if you could get better damage with other finishers.

Last edited:

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Just found something neat and I think it's the most optimal safe klone setup in the corner:

B3, Jump back 3 (b3 will make the opponent go over you in the corner but this keeps them cornered), B11D3. B11D3 is your only finisher with enough advantage for a safe klone that can't be tech rolled (all others can be tech rolled and punished).

Against opponents without advancing wakeups (they eat the klone with invincibility on wakeup) you can replace the B11D3 with B2, 123, step back klone (you can use command grab after 123 for a restand too).

This is going to be VERY IMPORTANT for his corner game as getting safe klone setups is what makes Sub-Zero live even if you could get better damage with other finishers.
112 can be tech-rolled but remains safe against Firestorm's 8f wakeup.

F3 J3 D1 1 112 seems optimal

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
People are clone crying since mk9 (probably since mk1 but mk9 was my first extreme experience).

Noob Saibot = Lal fu those shadow Clone Spammer
Subby = lal fu the ice clone Spammer
Reptile = lal fu those forceballs
Stryker = lal fu those nades

Just don't care and play. People always cry

Lokheit

Noob
No it can't it's 9f, Firestorm's is 8f. I'm testing it now and I can block it in time.
I'll keep trying but so far it's punishing me because with 112 you have yo lose time stepping back (I can block if I'm close enough for the klone to not pop when I use it). With B11D3 the advantage is enough to jump back and whiff punish them or you can even block Superman's supermove.

Anyway with the B3 jump back J3 you can always follow with B2, 112 for more damage than the F3 version so it's always better to use the jump back for either more damage on the 112 version or guarantee the B11D3 that can block easily block everything and even jump. B11D3 natural damage is better than 112 so the extra poke you add with the 112 version doesn't changes things (1% difference more or less) a lot and the advantage you get is just awesome.

Last edited:

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
Cannot MB the command grab as a combo ender after they get frozen by the clone.

Bug or intended?

DeftMonk

Noob
Yea i agree it just sucks to basically always have people making you feel like shit lol injustice 2 has made me 10x better cause i started fighting games competitively on mkx and only really used sub and some ermac and cryo sub but having to play injustice helped my neutral and footsies game
So what your saying is you don't understand why people said that...but after playing injustice 2 you realized you never learned anything about the neutral since u played gm sub in mkx.

Status
Not open for further replies.