What's new

Sub-Zero Pre-Release General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lokheit

Noob
So his f2 is the only move he has that doesn't jail?
Nono, what I said earlier about F2 jail was that F2 would jail into any move in MKX including the super slow ones and now that property is lost. That has nothing to do with the jumping attack, a lot of strings jail after a jumping attack depending on the delay (late jumping attacks jail into more things).

Lokheit

Noob
I never have been able to properly understand fuzzy guarding can you explain that to me please?
If I know after an attack they can use an OH or low, but for example the OH comes faster like in this case, I block high a bit longer after the initial hit, then block low. If I got the timing right, I don't have to guess as I would be blocking high by the time the OH comes, and low if they decided to go for the low option. This concept is used for example to block Atrocitus string with 2 OH that can be interchanged with a low combo starter.

Shady1692

I'm The Goddamn Batman!
If I know after an attack they can use an OH or low, but for example the OH comes faster like in this case, I block high a bit longer after the initial hit, then block low. If I got the timing right, I don't have to guess as I would be blocking high by the time the OH comes, and low if they decided to go for the low option.
Thanks man i appreciate that and so what your saying about it jailing is even tho his moves would be super slow they would still jail and the opponent cant interupt it at all?

Lokheit

Noob
Thanks man i appreciate that and so what your saying about it jailing is even tho his moves would be super slow they would still jail and the opponent cant interupt it at all?
Yes, for example the jump attack will jail into Air Hammer (need to be at the right distance for the first hit to connect) but they can back dash the B11 or tick throw options. You can also jail the jump attack into some strings.

Another example is, most strings jail into Slide because it's very fast but they can backdash or interrupt if you cancel into Burst. Burst is still a good cancel option as it's safe on block but you need to be careful because it's slow.

The only move he has that jails into burst is S3.

Shady1692

I'm The Goddamn Batman!
Great find..so completely random but what do yall do or say to anyone who basically says your a pussy for using sub zero with his clone and saying your trash without it lol i mained GM in mkx and thats all i heard I honestly dont get why...they would basically say he makes you better than you really are cause hes a cheese character and i always took offense to that cause i played him smart and would usually out think them but still get called out

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Great find..so completely random but what do yall do or say to anyone who basically says your a pussy for using sub zero with his clone and saying your trash without it lol i mained GM in mkx and thats all i heard I honestly dont get why...they would basically say he makes you better than you really are cause hes a cheese character and i always took offense to that cause i played him smart and would usually out think them but still get called out
Tell them to git gud

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
It was a potato friendly character in MKX ( most of the cast was to be honest ).
His corner game let him derp throw/oh/low starters, into full combo, into another clone setup, which allowed him safe 50/50's.
Clone is a tool which basically shuts down the neutral game, he dictates the pace of the match in most cases.
Love him as a character but damn, his whole gameplan was fucking dumb in MKX.

Shady1692

I'm The Goddamn Batman!
Tell them to git gud
Lol like i guess they think i NEED to play him but funny thing is.. sub zero is my favorite..batman and black adam are my two favorite dc characters and it just so happens that they both are "broken" like im just destined to have people complain about who i use all the damn time it gets really annoying and is kinda demoralizing

Shady1692

I'm The Goddamn Batman!
It was a potato friendly character in MKX ( most of the cast was to be honest ).
His corner game let him derp throw/oh/low starters, into full combo, into another clone setup, which allowed him safe 50/50's.
Clone is a tool which basically shuts down the neutral game, he dictates the pace of the match in most cases.
Yea i agree it just sucks to basically always have people making you feel like shit lol injustice 2 has made me 10x better cause i started fighting games competitively on mkx and only really used sub and some ermac and cryo sub but having to play injustice helped my neutral and footsies game

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
His command grab a high? That sucks :( any sign of being able to combo from a shattered Klone, seen in a movelist vid it's d4 to shatter Klone so just wonder whats going on with it, wish psn would hurry the fudge up and update

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
So far after I labbed him a bit...

He cannot clone off any string in the corner, like it used to be in MKX. His IK off works only in the middle.

His corner Throw to Clone tech works with either the PP or the B22T (formerly known as F42T in MKX).

Will try a shatter combo there.

Lokheit

Noob
Also as I theorized, the Polar Bear klone is a 5 piece gear bonus (I got one of the pieces of that set) and the whole weapon set is the item gear!

Also his "Scorpion" and "Ermac" shadders are really Cyrax and Sektor (they're called Cyber Initiative, though it works to remember all of them). The "Secret Kombatants" shadder is for Reptile and Rain. "Bi-Han Resurrected" is for Noob and I guess Smoke (cyborg colors) and there is a shadder with his LK-520 color palette (and the alternate is great to recreate is Revenant alt white color!).

Last edited:

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
His command grab a high? That sucks :( any sign of being able to combo from a shattered Klone, seen in a movelist vid it's d4 to shatter Klone so just wonder whats going on with it, wish psn would hurry the fudge up and update
4/D4 is clone toss and you can combo off of that.

The only way I've managed to combo off shatter is dashing up after a Clone in the corner and shattering when the opponent's at max height of their jump. It's not plus or anything either so clone toss seems like the better option

Last edited:

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Shouldn't need to update mate, just go to the in game buy menu and if you have the ultimate edition then you can just download him for free.

Also as I theorized, the Polar Bear klone is a 5 piece gear bonus (I got one of the pieces of that set) and the whole weapon set is the item gear!

Also his "Scorpion" and "Ermac" shadders are really Cyrax and Sektor (they're called Cyber Initiative, though it works to remember all of them). The "Secret Kombatants" shadder is for Reptile and Rain. "Bi-Han Resurrected" is for Noob and I guess Smoke (cyborg colors) and there is a shadder with his LK-520 color palette.
I believe one of his God shaders is Scorpion

Lokheit

Noob
Corner concept:

Finish combo with close klone (for example finish combo with 123, slight step back, klone), then B233 on hit will freeze them. On block you can B23TickThrow and that will freeze them too (for the tick throw freeze you have less advantage so you need to use a fast string afterwards). EDIT: Forgot how in this game holding down evades highs and blocks low, this is easilly evaded holding down lol forget it.

Last edited:

Kokoko

Somehow
Shouldn't need to update mate, just go to the in game buy menu and if you have the ultimate edition then you can just download him for free.
It doesn't work for everyone. I downloaded him and got some gear pieces, but he is unavailable on the character screen. And a lot of players had the same problem with Red Hood.

Corner concept:

Finish combo with close klone (for example finish combo with 123, slight step back, klone), then B233 on hit will freeze them. On block you can B23TickThrow and that will freeze them too (for the tick throw freeze you have less advantage so you need to use a fast string afterwards).
Are you on PSN? add me so we can lab, lol. or make a vid so I can learn...hahaha. I have no idea of what I'm doin. (I'm not home yet tho)

Lokheit

Noob
Are you on PSN? add me so we can lab, lol. or make a vid so I can learn...hahaha. I have no idea of what I'm doin. (I'm not home yet tho)
Currently I have some connection issues but I will try to keep juicing him (planning a future guide once I'm done). There is a discussion already on his discord too (you can find the link in the front page) for more help :)

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Wasn't there when I used triangle to go to buy content window, he is showing up when just went in through menu like u did but I'm getting a were sorry this product cannot be purchased at thus time message,??? I'm using the us psn store and not the EU one btw EDIT NVM worked on 4th try :)

Status
Not open for further replies.