What's new

General/Other Sub Zero Makes the Rest of the Cast Seem Boring

Dark_Rob

Noob
wasnt trolling i was giving my opinion. read the topic of the thread. creator calls the rest of the cast boring so why cant i?
Ahh yes, the cry of the troll. "I was giving my opinion" So let me get this straight, your going to come into the subzero forum, amongst all the subzero players and say something as flat out dumb as "Subzero is easy mode" and your not trolling?? Cut it out man, what do you think I was born yesterday?
Now if youve got nothing constructive to add to the thread I dont expect to see you post in it again.
Thank you and good day.

I use Sub Zero myself alot but my main is Cyrax. If you like NON-BRAINDEAD characters, like to make reads on your opponents, set them up with booby traps and pretty much give them a lobotomy during a match definitely try Cyrax. They are both technical and require some smarts. IMO Sub and Cyrax are the funnest chars in this game. I love them both equally.

You want brainded switch to Kunt Lao r easy mac.

PS. For anyone thinking Sub is easy to use, think again. He's not easy at all. A good Sub Zero is usually an extremely good player. A good Sub Zero can probably use any of the super characters with ease. Subbers are used to finding ways around obstacles the hard way and they MUST make good reads all the time.

OZZYGUITAR

Back-dash Adam
ok here is where you confuse me, you find everyone but subzero boring, but shang tsung is too hard to learn for you , so you choose mileena? what is so exciting? is it costume 3 or does she have some extremely high level playstyle?(down 4, down 4, down 4, down 4, down 4, down 4, down 4, down 4, down 4,down 4, down 4, down 4, down 4, down 4, down 4, down 4, down 4, down 4,down 4, down 4, down 4, down 4, down 4, down 4, down 4, down 4, down 4,down 4, down 4, down 4, down 4, down 4, down 4, down 4, down 4, down 4,down 4, down 4, down 4, down 4, down 4, down 4, down 4, down 4, down 4, roll, full combo ending in neck bite or xray)

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
My yellow robot will make you a happy individual.

I have the same issue. I've put in 30+ hours on Cyrax, but I really want to pick up a #2 to fit in rotation. Yet every time I try to dive in, I either feel like I'm still in Cyrax mode (i.e. choosing Liu Kang but reacting like its the usual fight and punching in teleports and nets) or simply getting bored of it and going back to Cyrax for the sake of dispatching difficult foes. I can't settle on anyone because nobody else's transitions or tricks feel as comfortable.
It's a toss-up between Subby and Kabal for me, but if your #1 is the ice man, you should feel right at home with the mustard man.
AND you get one of the best teleports in the game to boot. Win.

King

Sig Maker
Try Sektor, Johnny Cage, Noob, and Quan Chi. I find them to be very refreshing since they each have their own unique playstyle.

I'm really enjoying Shang Tsung and Scorpion. I find it amusing because Scorpion was my dude in MK1 and MK2, however in MK9 he didn't resonate with me. However now I'm sort of liking how unpredictable his pressure is. He also has the coolest looking kicks. :)

I always go back to the snowman, though. Always.

leek

Noob
you mean reading the opponent?

er. I guess Smoke, maybe Ermac.

Ermacs' combos are punishers as well as just a normal combo- meaning you block a tele? Free bnb combo. With Smoke he doesn't have punishing power like that but he has a few resets(albeit hard to pull off I'm sure) and makes you regret moving with his teleport. Smoke bomb doesn't chip, sadly, but since you play subby, I'd think you're used to the projectile not chipping. Offers a combo just like the iceball. On papar, Smoke and Sub-Zero are very alike in my opinion.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Since when it didnt take mind power to win with any other characters ?
It does, but sub zero has a certain dependance on mind games and reading your opponent compared to other characters. Didn't want to put down other characters or anything, just stating my personal playstyle and how sub zero matches so much better compared to others.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Haha i dont even know you? jk ozzy. However how do you know that Im only playing mileena? And i didn't say shang tsung was too hard, its just he has a steep learning curve. Im not the quickest of learners, but I like tsung and hopefully can play him at some point well at some point.

I honestly don't know how to respond to this without coming off as a jerk. Every character BESIDES sub zero is generic and boring?

really?

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I honestly don't know how to respond to this without coming off as a jerk. Every character BESIDES sub zero is generic and boring?

really?
I repeat, I did not want 2 insult any other characters and their players. The rest of the cast seemed boring 2 me, just me, because I felt sub zero fit my playstyle so well.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
It is just that there is no one like subzero :)
Cyber Subzero. There's no one like Ermac,no one like Rain, no one like Kenshi or any other character in the game. I'm sorry but that post has no merit in a game with such a diverse cast. Since I main "Easymac" as you subbers say I'll let you know that if you get hit by a combo you deserve to get hit by it. His normals are slow(besides d1) and relies more on punishing and zoning rather than attempting a combo. I will say subzero is fun to play with, but he by no means in my opinion makes the rest of the cast boring.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Once Sub Zero gets his EX armor, I'll likely play him more. However, this is going to make playing him as JC a fucking nightmare, WHOEVER GETS YOU IN THE CORNER FIRST WINS....GO!

Also, if EX shadow kick and EX slide collide, does the world explode?!?!?!