What's new

Sub-Zero Kombos

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Midscreen BnB

F12~exDF4, b2, air 12, air 12, s4~slide for 29ish

I think Chap posted a midscreen clone combo, which is possible by doing air 21 cancelled into ground clone after the b2, but for the life of me I can't make it consistent. But if you hit it and they're high enough after clone, you can follow up with jump kick, s3~slide

Kainz

Noob
Midscreen - 311

f12xx df4(ex), b2, b2, air 12, f12xx bf3

Midscreen - 363 (Sareena Kameo) (K=kameo)

f12xx bK, f12xx df4(ex), b2, b2, air 12, f12xx bf3

If you have 2 kameo charges you can repeat the first part of this combos twice for 401.

Cancel b3 into bK for a low starter
Cancel b2 into bK for an overhead starter

Let me know if anyone can optimize these combos, this is just my early BnB goto

Well, he definitely doesn't worry about corner carry, at least. Lol.

Been trying as much as I could think of to squeeze out damage, but Sub definitely took that hit in the damage department.

In my labbing, I did a cool combo with Sonya, working off of mention of implementing a clone in the combo after hitting the air 21

B2, air 21xxDive Kick~Kameo, dash~exDB1, air 12~Kameo, 3~BF3

Following a JIP, it comes out to about 369. Consumes 2 bar of meter and 2 Kameo charges. I know it's not optimal and the consistency is here and there sketch AF...but you do this with your friends from down the street and they'll be impressed for sure!

But in all seriousness Sub has potential for some fun combos this time around, but really needs his Kameos for damage

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Midscreen - 311

f12xx df4(ex), b2, b2, air 12, f12xx bf3

Midscreen - 363 (Sareena Kameo) (K=kameo)

f12xx bK, f12xx df4(ex), b2, b2, air 12, f12xx bf3

If you have 2 kameo charges you can repeat the first part of this combos twice for 401.

Cancel b3 into bK for a low starter
Cancel b2 into bK for an overhead starter

Let me know if anyone can optimize these combos, this is just my early BnB goto
These are what I'm using too.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Don't worry too much about his damage guys, he got hit because he was one of the first characters public got ahold of through two beta periods. Kenshi was nerfed too, so it's not just him. NRS was obviously getting ass blasted until the millisecond this game dropped, so I see a lot of these characters just melting your life for a bar getting toned down more to the level of where Sub is at. Damage wise I mean.

SOLEdier

IHideBehindIceClones
Amazing.

I don’t know if it’s me or if it’s a bug, but I can consistently do the midscreen Klone combos as Player 1 on either side. Although when I am 2nd player I have to dash in to try and get the Klone to hit. I replicated this on PC and PS5. Can anyone else try this?

Long story short, if I’m player 1 I can land the Klone midscreen combo more consistently. But if I’m player 2 I barely can. It doesn’t matter if I’m on the left or right side.

Last edited:

mrapchem

Noob
Amazing.

I don’t know if it’s me or if it’s a bug, but I can consistently do the midscreen Klone combos as Player 1 on either side. Although when I am 2nd player I have to dash in to try and get the Klone to hit. I replicated this on PC and PS5. Can anyone else try this?

Long story short, if I’m player 1 I can land the Klone midscreen combo more consistently. But if I’m player 2 I barely can. It doesn’t matter if I’m on the left or right side.
Are you serious?!?!?! I need to test that immediately. To be fair though, this combo isn't consistent at all even for P1, so it could be that, but I will definitely check it out.

mrapchem

Noob
Are you serious?!?!?! I need to test that immediately. To be fair though, this combo isn't consistent at all even for P1, so it could be that, but I will definitely check it out.
Amazing.

UPDATE: You appear to be correct - the combo doesn't work when you are Player 2. I am uploading a video about it right now and tagging MK Tom Brady to help spread the word about this bug. It might affect many more characters than Sub, and even if it doesn't, such a bug is untenable and must be fixed.

Thank you for discovering this bug and letting me know that it existed.

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
His air 21 is where his damage potential is. I found this midscreen corner carry combo with four of the for 431:

b2 > ji21 > 34 (kameo) > ji21 db4 ex > ji21 xx db1 > ji21 xx db4

Kameo is scorpion ur1

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Baraka and Radian both need 2 bars and a kameos to hit the same numbers
You think Raiden needs 2 bars and a kameo to crack 40% in the corner, are you insane?

For the record, I’m fine with Sub-Zero’s damage being relatively low, but this is with the Cyrax kameo who isn’t as useful for him in an actual match as some of his others, even though these combos are great and yes, good damage.

Nobody is “full of shit” for saying his damage is low relative to a lot of other characters, it’s not even close to his real issue, and it’s perfectly fine to say so. No need to be so fucking smug.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I mean it's 40% in the corner for 2 bars of kameo with one specific kameo. He's working a hell of a lot harder for his damage compared to raiden. Sub, by design, should have pretty low mid screen bnb damage, but fuck does it feel anemic in comparison to literally everyone else.