What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero Sub-Zero kombat pack 2 balance changes.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
Ice clone nerf was the most unnecessary nerf in the history of gaming, it didn't accomplish anything other than nerfing Sub-zero for the sake of nerfing. There are many characters who can blow the clone and land a combo on sub-zero without resorting to meter-burned moves but for some unknown mystical reason Sub-zero got nerfed.

Grandmaster:

1. Clone disappears if Sub-zero blocks 2-hits (instead of 1)
OR
Remove the cooldown on ice-clone

2. Enhanced ice ball freezes opponent even if opponent has already been frozen once by ice-ball/Ice-clone in a single combo.

3. Add Enhanced clone toss.

4. Enhanced clone toss has armor and freezes opponent upon contact.

5. Enhanced clone shatter freezes opponent.

Cryomancer:

This variation is perfectly fine the way it is.

Unplayable:

Lets turn this variation into unbreakable by simple changes.

1. Normal ice aura reduces damage taken.

2. Ex ice aura reduces damage taken and heals sub zero, if sub zero gets hit healing stops.

3. Parry works against jump attacks.

Sub-zero's deception costume plz. :D

Last edited:

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Unplayable:

Lets turn this variation into unbreakable by simple changes.

3. Parry works against jump attacks.
I remember when the game launched, I thought that that would make it overpowered. Now I agree that it's only one step in making that variation better.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
When your opponent is in corner and clone is out, your opponent should be the one worrying and shivering not the other way around. Ice clone nerf was completely unnecessary considering you can't air-clone or change hit-box of clone in this game.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Please stop. Just please stop. Did you stop and read your buff list and compare it to what most of the Subby community has been saying recently? TYM already thinks we're ungrateful loud-mouthed whiny scrubby ne'er-do-wells who don't realize how great our character is. Buff threads like these simply prove them right.

Goat-City

Banned
OP actually thinks Cryomancer is better than Grandmaster apparently. I disagree.

Anyways, here's the buffs Grandmaster needs -

- b33 should connect with ice ball for a combo
- the EX clone should be 100% consistent when canceled with all strings on hit and on block
- extended pokes and normals like Predator's d4 and Kung Jin's staff should freeze on contact with the ice clone
- EX ice bomb should launch a bit higher or be a bit more plus on hit so you can combo more consistently on it after the run cancel nerf.
- All characters with hitboxes/gravity that make it difficult for Sub Zero to combo them in the corner should be fixed so he can combo them normally.
- 112 should have slightly more push back and be slightly less minus on block.
- 114 should lead to a hard knock down and be more plus on hit.
- b33d4 should be slightly less minus on block

I know the buff list is long but it's just general fixes and some buffs to his currently useless strings. The most important one is making the clone freeze extended weapon based normals. Without this fix, Sub Zero will continue to be stuck with several very, very bad matchups.
If compensation is needed for these buffs, then just nerf the damage on his b2 to do 7% instead of 9% or make f12 do 10% instead of 12%.

I might list what the other 2 variations should get later.

Last edited:

Goat-City

Banned
No, i don't think Cryomancer is better than grand-master, it offers different game-play style and i m perfectly fine with it.
If you think Cryomancer doesn't need any buffs at all while Grandmaster does then you must think that Cryomancer is better than Grandmaster.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
GAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

HAHA

HA

But srsly, u for real brah?
Maybe its just extra protein i m taking or it could be my sloot of girlfriend(female friend), legit 8/10.

She was acting extra clingy today, i told her to get f**ked.
she said "fuck yeah".

I did not smash feelsbadman.jpg

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
Subzero is great he is a top 10 character with alot of dirt in grandmaster. He has probably the best corner game in this game, as he does dumb damage, makes you scared to move, and destroys armor. He has good corner carry, midscreen and has plus clone toss, he has decent pokes, etc so he is fine the way he is. Also he was dumb day 1 because it didnt go away on block, because that was alot of characters only options, otherwise what where characters like dvorah and takeda supposed to do. All the other buffs you said are also ridiculous.