What's new

Guide - Grandmaster Sub-Zero GRANDMASTER Guide

hey guys, been lurking for a bit and finally decided to set up an account and join in on all the fun.
been getting back into my fighting games lately and been going hard on MKX. loving it so far.
just a question though I'm having trouble connecting anything after a B2 attack. I'm trying to run to connect a 123 slide or even a B12, the window to hit seems to be too small.
i have no problem consistently connecting his BnB combo 242 RUN 123 slide because the launcher the opponent gets after the 242 is quite loopy, but his B2 seems to be giving me a bit of grief. any tips or pointers??

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
hey guys, been lurking for a bit and finally decided to set up an account and join in on all the fun.
been getting back into my fighting games lately and been going hard on MKX. loving it so far.
just a question though I'm having trouble connecting anything after a B2 attack. I'm trying to run to connect a 123 slide or even a B12, the window to hit seems to be too small.
i have no problem consistently connecting his BnB combo 242 RUN 123 slide because the launcher the opponent gets after the 242 is quite loopy, but his B2 seems to be giving me a bit of grief. any tips or pointers??
B2, run, F42xx

You can finish with a slide, or if you have meter you can ex-Iceball, then NJP, JiP, run, 123slide, one of the better uses we have for meter. But a bit trickier

zoofs

bless
The only time you should do b12 is if you want to do b12 ex iceball. Use b2, run, f42 slide or f42 1+3 if you want to switch sides. You can also do b2, run, f42xx ex iceball into njp jip -> ender for more damage, but it's unnecessary for the most part. Another thing you should make sure you're doing is b2, run, f42 into clone if they're heading for the corner for instant confirm into more damage/setup.

seakaybe

Noob
after the b2 connects enter f,f,block and then hold the block until you see him run. I struggled heaps with connecting anything off b2 for ages but f4 has decent range and it can connect early but if you go to early you'll drop the next part of the string.

Insidiousballer

Meter Hoarder
after the b2 connects enter f,f,block and then hold the block until you see him run. I struggled heaps with connecting anything off b2 for ages but f4 has decent range and it can connect early but if you go to early you'll drop the next part of the string.
Then once you start running, you can let go of block and you will continue running until you press a button.

Ok that's what I was doing but I just wanted to make sure there wasn't another way of doing it. Thanks heaps guys, oh btw I got it pretty down pat now with some practice in the lab. Now just need to practice during matches

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
Ok that's what I was doing but I just wanted to make sure there wasn't another way of doing it. Thanks heaps guys, oh btw I got it pretty down pat now with some practice in the lab. Now just need to practice during matches
You can get B2, Run, 1, 123xx, slide but it is very strict and sometimes character dependent. B2, Run, F42xx, slide is the universal practical combo.

A tip for running I do is F,F,Block not F,F+Block because when you do F,F,Block you get some of the dash animation pushing you forward faster. So it acts like a Kara Run making the B2, Run, 1, 123xx, Slide a little more possible. You also don't need to hold Block but if you feel more comfortable doing that it's fine. I just prefer to tap Block for when I do more than 1 Run cancel. 242xx, Run, 1xx, Run, 123xx, Slide.

Also it feels like some strings you can cancel the recovery into run. For example B2xx, Run feels like it is faster than B2, Run.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Yeah b2 isn't cancellable so it's a tough transition. To get a handle on the timing, execute b2 then hold up so you know about when the move ends as you jump.

While you're practicing, use a large character as a punching bag. Kotal Kahn works well. Once you're comfortable with the run timing, switch to mid size (Scorpion), then go to females.

Keep at it. Mid screen OH combos are golden, especially if you're ever wanting to use cryomancer.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
So I just found out s4 into Ice ball combos on both male and female characters and in the corner combos into Ice close on males while they are still standing.

Ravosa

Wild Card
I'm back to sub because Takeda just doesn't seem viable right now. So back to basics... B2,b2,1,1,b12,clone, NJP, njk, clone after combo. Doing that safe clone setup doesn't give me enough clone cool down to do the same thing over again. What should I be using instead? Toms OP is real outdated

zoofs

bless
I'm back to sub because Takeda just doesn't seem viable right now. So back to basics... B2,b2,1,1,b12,clone, NJP, njk, clone after combo. Doing that safe clone setup doesn't give me enough clone cool down to do the same thing over again. What should I be using instead? Toms OP is real outdated
well I would either just do b2, 242, 1, b12 clone on males or use meter on females during cooldown

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
When it comes to (a very good) Erron Black, I've changed totally from offensive to defensive and it brings very good results to me. Especially if its a good Marksman, the rushdown of that variation is freaking insane. Kinda reminds me Sub Vs Cage in MK9. I have to literally raise a wall of ice between us to make it hard for him to even touch me. But once he does and get closes it's hard to get out and it's pretty much game over.

It's very weird to see that no pro player is doing well (or even playing for that matter) with Marksman variation. It's as good as Outlaw, but with even more options on rushdown because of the shotgun cancel.

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_
HELP ME
How the fuck do I fight Takeda ? Please someone help im getting wrecked by anybody who can spam the overhead and kunai.

zoofs

bless
When it comes to (a very good) Erron Black, I've changed totally from offensive to defensive and it brings very good results to me. Especially if its a good Marksman, the rushdown of that variation is freaking insane. Kinda reminds me Sub Vs Cage in MK9. I have to literally raise a wall of ice between us to make it hard for him to even touch me. But once he does and get closes it's hard to get out and it's pretty much game over.

It's very weird to see that no pro player is doing well (or even playing for that matter) with Marksman variation. It's as good as Outlaw, but with even more options on rushdown because of the shotgun cancel.
well marksman is alright, but the cancels really aren't too great. They are safe but negative on block, so I'm pretty sure you don't need to respect them. It's basically just a way to hitconfirm or make his 50/50s safe.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
Right here, click under your avatar for "Mood Chooser". The rest is self-explanatory.

Durango

Enhancer
Really tired of dropping combos now. B2 B2 or B2 B2 B12 Slide. In either case, I'll either drop the second B2 or the B12 part and it happens far too frequently. Sometimes, I'll drop B2 B12 and miss the timing of the Ice Clone.

Are there any slightly simpler combos that might be the difference of 2-3% max?