What's new

Guide - Grandmaster Sub-Zero GRANDMASTER Guide

I deleted the guide. I suggest that a mod delete this thread and have someone start another one.
It's a shame it contained very useful information and I "grew up" on that. Thank you for posting it.
EDIT: oh, I realized that it was just a rage quit. Ehh. Anyway thank you for your participation.

Last edited:

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Realistically, many of us are probably not on the level Brady is today, and I don't think the best of us can say that Tom's work didn't help us tremendously. We owe him credit he's due, and he's earned plenty, that should be clear. But being optimistic, the guides were outdated, and most of us are now better than the guides themselves... which is unacceptable.

A healthy community owes it to itself and new comers to have an up to date compendium of knowledge about our character. 3 variation guides at the head, where specific discussion should stay, followed by General discussion for new discoveries/ questions, then match up breakdowns for familiarization, and miscellaneous advanced techniques/ niche knowledge threads to round it all off. These are the stickies I think we need at a minimum.

We lost Tom's guides and his future contributions, that sucks. But good things are coming down the pipe, I'm sure of it. @Lokheit is an incredible source for Cryomancer, @UsedForGlue knows UB at its core and beyond, and @Dankster Morgan is working on an amazing GM project as we speak.

TL;DR, we'll miss Tom, but we'll get by just fine.

Chrishaspads

Name isn't Chris, Doesn't have pads
Realistically, many of us are probably not on the level Brady is today, and I don't think the best of us can say that Tom's work didn't help us tremendously. We owe him credit he's due, and he's earned plenty, that should be clear. But being optimistic, the guides were outdated, and most of us are now better than the guides themselves... which is unacceptable.

A healthy community owes it to itself and new comers to have an up to date compendium of knowledge about our character. 3 variation guides at the head, where specific discussion should stay, followed by General discussion for new discoveries/ questions, then match up breakdowns for familiarization, and miscellaneous advanced techniques/ niche knowledge threads to round it all off. These are the stickies I think we need at a minimum.

We lost Tom's guides and his future contributions, that sucks. But good things are coming down the pipe, I'm sure of it. @Lokheit is an incredible source for Cryomancer, @UsedForGlue knows UB at its core and beyond, and @Dankster Morgan is working on an amazing GM project as we speak.

Great post! Madzins performance inspired me to take Sub (GM) as my backup main, and then the same day, Brady had a breakdown :3 Can't wait for the future threads the SZ community has to offer!

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way

I agree 100%, everyone thinks Sub-Zero guys are idiots so let's make some bomb ass guides.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
He's been grinding out Sub Zeros hardest match ups, and getting down on himself when he loses constantly (Takeda, Mileena, etc). And he's bitter that he gets 0 props for how well he does do while everyone swings off Madzins nuts.
Yeah I feel sympathy for him, he's a great player. I don't know why people need to compare him to Madzin, they are just as good as one another. I just wish he didn't let some idiot telling him he is bad get to him, he is a good player and took Sub-Zero far in a lot of majors.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"

Il post an Unbreakable guide soon.

Brady isn't bad but he's far from Madzin's league. Madzin would never get bodied 10-0 against SonicFox.
it was 13-3. I had MANY of games won but couldn't convert on the combo. NO ONE knew the the combo was no longer possible if the overhead hits a female character crouching. It was later discovered that new combos and new clone placement is required. Not saying he wouldn't have to another character and won though.

I am also not disagreeing that I am not on the level of the other top SZ players. I am not even in the same league as they are. I am just not on the same level.

Last edited:

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
I agree 100%, everyone thinks Sub-Zero guys are idiots so let's make some bomb ass guides.
hey sub guys! i have a tremendous amount of respect for sub players. Not because of tom, but because through all the bs your character has to endure, you guys always stick to him and don't make toxic threads, posts, or whine to to other communities nearly as much as other character loyalist. I am def looking forward to Danksters project and i am def looking forward to picking up grandmaster after reading through his work! Keep pushing through yall!

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
hey sub guys! i have a tremendous amount of respect for sub players. Not because of tom, but because through all the bs your character has to endure, you guys always stick to him and don't make toxic threads, posts, or whine to to other communities nearly as much as other character loyalist. I am def looking forward to Danksters project and i am def looking forward to picking up grandmaster after reading through his work! Keep pushing through yall!
It's up now man