What's new

Sub-Zero General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lokheit

Noob
Who's ready to freeze some arse? :D

I hope original timeline Kuai has the Shreder armor (and keeps his relationship with Sareena, I liked those 2 more than with his old brother who's great as Noob).

Also, like others, I hope his moveset isn't just a bunch of bad neutral moves with bad frame data to compensate for the klone, at least I2 showed they might be on the right track! A bunch of ice weapons can lead to a fun moveset.

Glad to be back around here!

subzert

Frozen Soul
Imagine Sub-Zero actually finding the frost dragon eggs and becoming a dragon rider. That ending was so random that it might just turn out to be true

Samsara

Resident Cynic
EDUCATED "DEFAULT MOVESET" GUESS:

Frost Ball
Frost Burst
Slide
Ice Clone?
Ice Command Grab?
-
Counter based Xray
Captain Cold's Snow Globe (Super)*

*I'm thinking if the link for Supers is legit, Xrays will stay as big flashy cinematic attacks but supers will be some kind of utility move for 3 bars

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Being that Subby Zee was one of the two main guys for me in MK9, I must join this party.

ANGELMAN's Sub-Zero Wish List:

-Get rid of the ridiculous looking B2 overhead. I hate that damn move. Replace it with a faster version of the MK9 B12.
-the Clone can be put anywhere again.
-bring back the Cryomancer hammer smash.
-BI-HAAAAAAN.
-a different voice actor who doesn't sound like grown up Timmy Turner the Time Traveler from the Fairly Oddparents special where him and Vicky fight over the magic remotes.
-plus frames on EX Ice Ball.
-the Shredder costume.
-NO GODDAMN DBF COMMAND GRABS.

I'm sure I'll think of more.

Viable.

Ice.

Puddle.
Never mind. Ryu wins.
/thread

Could you imagine? I almost want to break out in a Disney song thinking about it.

Dayvon

Noob
Would it be over kill for Frost to be in MK11? Considering variations are back. I just find Sub to be boring.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I like Kuai Liang more than Bi-Han, I used to like Bi-Han til he was a dick to his brother lol.

But anyway, I hope we finally see Shredder Subby outfit again since Deception. And I honestly miss the ice cube drop from MK vs DCU, always thought that was an awesome move, the Ice Shower we haven't had since freaking UMK3, ice teleport and ice darts (that are like ice knives) of course his slide, iceball and clone. I haven't played him since UMK3, always liked the character just haven't mained him in years.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Kuai Liang is the better Sub-Zero by far.
Bi-Han as Noob is awesome though! I just kinda hope NRS would shake off the name "Noob Saibot" and call him Bi-Han. I know, I know, what I'm saying is heresy here, but I never really liked the name "Noob", and in today's context it just sounds incredibly silly. I am fully aware where the name "Noob Saibot" comes from (Boon Tobias). It's just not a good name, imo.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Looking back at Injustice 2's gear moves for him, seems NRS was experimenting with possible ideas for MK11, while also bringing back specials for unbreakable.

Slide and Ice Ball will definitely be there, but what possible new moves could we see?

The Ice Clone may not be a static "wall" anymore since IJ2 gave new uses for it, such as making it special attacks with things like "Klone Charge" and the "Air Klone Kick." They are definitely getting more creative with its uses.

Assuming that we can customize the clone too, like make it a snowman, then this would be the better option since the hitboxes would be more consistent.

Only time will tell though.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
The Ice Clone may not be a static "wall" anymore since IJ2 gave new uses for it, such as making it special attacks with things like "Klone Charge" and the "Air Klone Kick."
Am I the only one who was reminded of Noob with those moves though? Then there was that Scarecrow grab that would fit Noob like a glove.

AbeW

Noob
I don't think they ever wanted Sub-Zero to be a pressure character. They wanted him to be defensive and neutral heavy, they just didn't know how to design him in a balanced way. Sub-Zero was either oppressive or got oppressed. There was no in between.

I don't have an issue with him being a defensive character, but his normals sucked overall and his kit needs to be better in 11.
Would be a nice change if he showed up as a FBC pressure character like Dragonfire or Hellfire. Make the execution a bit difficult for the Subzero fans who've historically had a easypeasy life.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Would be a nice change if he showed up as a FBC pressure character like Dragonfire or Hellfire. Make the execution a bit difficult for the Subzero fans who've historically had a easypeasy life.
I wouldn't mind a bit of both, and if what they say about custom gear/variontions is true, we should be able to tune him either way we want.

I want gear that makes him a true ice wizard, casting all kinds of hazards onto the stage like blizzards, ice rain, puddle, and ice clone. Maybe even a frost beam like Cyber Sub had.

Then you could also have a more warrior style approach with the cryomancer knives, the swords, and hammers, etc. You could make the second set of gear/variation moves more offensive and the former more defensive in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.