What's new

Guide - Cryomancer Sub-Zero CRYOMANCER Guide

kencheese

sub zero cryomancer
Yea it def whiffs. No doubt about it. If your holding forward and let him take a small step forward befor pressing 3 it will connect but the opponent has all the time in the world to do something first
not true, works for me constantly, you do not have your timing down for this keep practicing, also does not matter if i hold f or not , it is just easier for me, have done it both ways

InFlames

dead
not true, works for me constantly, you do not have your timing down for this keep practicing, also does not matter if i hold f or not , it is just easier for me, have done it both ways
are you positive your opponent isnt just doing attacks that move them forward? Ive tried everything and f33 always whiffs

boba_buster

Noob saibot
It's connecting because the computer is doing a advancing attack the has slower start up than f33 which is 8 or 9 frame start up. Please disregard anything ken cheese says because he has no idea what he's talking about

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Not trying to pick on u kencheese but you can't base things off of something that happen when fighting the computer , because u don't know what the AI tried to do that made that situation work . When ppl on here talk about if something connects or not their talking about it working 100% of the time based on controlled factors. Example
B12xxiceball connects. Period. As long as the opponent doesn't block it will always connect. Always. As in if you press b12xxiceball and you hit the b1 and or the 2 it will combo into iceball
Cold blooded into f33 only works if your opponent tries a advancing move that's slower than 9 frames

kencheese

sub zero cryomancer
Not trying to pick on u kencheese but you can't base things off of something that happen when fighting the computer , because u don't know what the AI tried to do that made that situation work . When ppl on here talk about if something connects or not their talking about it working 100% of the time based on controlled factors. Example
B12xxiceball connects. Period. As long as the opponent doesn't block it will always connect. Always. As in if you press b12xxiceball and you hit the b1 and or the 2 it will combo into iceball
Cold blooded into f33 only works if your opponent tries a advancing move that's slower than 9 frames
Thank you for the input, I love constructive and helpful criticism, I totally understand , please do not hesitate to tell me if u think iam incorrect, I want true and straight advise, I want to learn how to fight, and yes I do play the CPU, the main reason I do not play online, I tried it and went into PvP, I believe it is called forums, not ranked and not private, went under a forum called beginners only(several months ago), and got a match up, and this persons kombat card read 1 and 0, so I figured he/she is a noob also, I GOT pounded like the out of shape rocky by clubber lane(Lange?) in rocky , my resident saw this in the lounge and at the end grabbed my controller and quickly look up his tag and found he had over 1900 wins online, I call this corrupt, so my resident was able to,put his name up some how and on the side of the tv screen I saw hoards of folks typing messages that showed up on the tv screen mocking him as a loser and a troller for new players, he got off line immediately, as far as the other day, you were not picking on me, I was just fucking with u with all I said, I do realize there is a difference between beating the CPU on hard/very hard as compared to a human, I know u boys online are top tier players and real sharks(meant in a good way, meant as your playing skills),

Last edited:

kencheese

sub zero cryomancer
Thank you for the input, I love constructive and helpful criticism, I totally understand , please do not hesitate to tell me if u think iam incorrect, I want true and straight advise, I want to learn how to fight, and yes I do play the CPU, the main reason I do not play online, I tried it and went into PvP, I believe it is called forums, not ranked and not private, went under a forum called beginners only(several months ago), and got a match up, and this persons kombat card read 1 and 0, so I figured he/she is a noob also, I GOT pounded like the out of shape rocky by clubber lane(Lange?) in rocky , my resident saw this in the lounge and at the end grabbed my controller and quickly look up his tag and found he had over 1900 wins online, I call this corrupt, so my resident was able to,put his name up some how and on the side of the tv screen I saw hoards of folks typing messages that showed up on the tv screen mocking him as a loser and a troller for new players, he got off line immediately, as far as the other day, you were not picking on me, I was just fucking with u with all I said, I do realize there is a difference between beating the CPU on hard/very hard as compared to a human, I know u boys online are top tier players and real sharks(meant in a good way, meant as your playing skills),

.[/QUOT

kencheese

sub zero cryomancer
Does f33 always kombo into ice balls(f33xxdf2, is a special move kombo),i assume yes since this is a basic move with enough cancel adv to allow the start up of ice balls, a special move to connect, since its start up frames<cancel adv frames of f33, and i assume your point of f42L1 ~f33 is not a 100% garantee, is because there is no canceling a normal into a normal or a specials into normal or a spec into a spec, and that if u are Abel to Link a normal into a normal such as f42,L1~F33(not a special move kombo)and to be successful it is only because your opponent chose an attack whose start up frames is greater than the start frames of the linked F33 , so your attack beats his to the punch for that reason only, so not a guarantee, whereas the only way to,prevent f33xxdf2 from connecting is for the opponent to block it, I did realize all of these facts, it is my fault for not properly communicating the finding to you, with the correct explaination that this move is not a given like a special move kombo and that timing is the biggest factor why it has worked , My fault

Last edited:

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
I think he's probably pretty low. Just thinking about his tool set, I'd place him pretty far down.

kencheese

sub zero cryomancer
Where is cryo sub zero on the tier list? mid?
i have a resident, whose best friend has a cousin who is a highly ranked player(name will not be given), who has spoken with me as a favor, of which I owe him medical advise as a favor, he said tiers are all BS, pick a character whose normal moves feel good and are comfortable with your muscular coordintion, anyone he said can pick any character and with due diligence and long term commitment can develop descend fighting techs, take time he told me, I first picked kenchi, rad about him and saw he is crap( not true), so I switched to LK, read later that he is garbage(not true), so then went with sz, now find out from read the same, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. This person has given such sound advise on playing tech, that within 6 weeks of picking up the game iam able to get a hi win% against the CPU on hard( got my first ps console months ago, and if a 51 yr old fart like me can do it, then you young ins should have no,problem, have fun and spend lots of time learning your characters safe moves, wake ups and reversals and basic special move kombos between 12 and 20% damage, but in All respect iam new to this, a lousy player and should not be giving advise because I have hoards still to learn in how to fight

Last edited:
i have a resident, whose best friend has a cousin who is a highly ranked player(name will not be given), who has spoken with me as a favor, of which I owe him medical advise as a favor, he said tiers are all BS, pick a character whose normal moves feel good and are comfortable with your muscular coordintion, anyone he said can pick any character and with due diligence and long term commitment can develop descend fighting techs, take time he told me, I first picked kenchi, rad about him and saw he is crap( not true), so I switched to LK, read later that he is garbage(not true), so then went with sz, now find out from read the same, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. This person has given such sound advise on playing tech, that within 6 weeks of picking up the game iam able to get a hi win% against the CPU on hard( got my first ps console months ago, and if a 51 yr old fart like me can do it, then you young ins should have no,problem, have fun and spend lots of time learning your characters safe moves, wake ups and reversals and basic special move kombos between 12 and 20% damage, but in All respect iam new to this, a lousy player and should not be giving advise because I have hoards still to learn in how to fight
try beating kung lao with goro

kencheese

sub zero cryomancer
try beating kung lao with goro
All character and their variations have good and not so good match ups, CPU kl I love to go against, but hate to go against Kano, also I love to fight raiden, I find his moves easy to fight against also, just need more practice in properly blocking g his basic kombo 50/50's that he does in the corner, block hi, he hits low, block low he hit hi, I am slowly learning to handle this, other than that I feel raiden is not hard to fight against on the CPU hard mode, that's just me

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
@kencheese tiers aren't BS, not in a competitive sense. You're friend is great for advising you to pick a character you like and stick with it, that's something I like to do personally. You'll only ever see me play Sub Zero, I was a Captain Falcon main through Brawl, I named my dog Bang after my Blazblue main. All chosen based on a "cool" factor, and all have been rock bottom tier at one time or another. I feel like it makes games more fun or challenging, rewarding even when you overcome. But when it comes right down to it, tiers are a harsh reality of fighting games. Some characters just have more tools that are more suited to the mechanics of the game despite other characters.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
Tiers are real, but people let tiers get to their head too much. I wouldn't read a tier list on TYM, a lot of propaganda and agendas here. Especially from sponsored tournament players who want their characters buffed to the max and honestly don't give a damn about balance in the game. (no fighting game will ever be balanced).

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
A lot of times people who say tiers don't exist use a top tier character. It's fairly easy to see BS Shinnoks restand combos are objectively better than CM Sub Zeros

At one point, Blazblue's worst match up was 6-4. Just saying.

kencheese

sub zero cryomancer
Tiers are real, but people let tiers get to their head too much. I wouldn't read a tier list on TYM, a lot of propaganda and agendas here. Especially from sponsored tournament players who want their characters buffed to the max and honestly don't give a damn about balance in the game. (no fighting game will ever be balanced).
well put, this is what I meant, I was just trying to be quant about it, I have been informed that tourney players a basically told who to pay and who tp promote

kencheese

sub zero cryomancer
I actually like that they have multiple variants so that other players who don't like playing defensively can now enjoy possibly their favorite mk character that they have never liked playing before.

BUT

I would love GM to have the sword strings (don't really need or want the hammer) and the F42 ending in neutral string.

And yeah, np dude. We're all sub zero fans in here. I'll help when I can. :)
hi, you said u would help when you can, here is a basic question, i am playing cpu hard for 10 days now with a nice win percentage, when i fight raiden, i find him easy to play against except for; he has two normal basic kombos that he hits you with; low then hi and i believe mid then low, how do you kombat this, i have had many rounds heavily won against him with lots of health for me and he is down to less than 1/4 health and he goes into those two mix ups and then cancels into elec fly,and keeps repeating this to win constantly, how should i block this, or is it just guessing, if i stand up and block hi, he hits low and vise versa, and this is the only reason i lose to him, i find him easy to play against except for this, and advise would be appreciated thanks

kencheese

sub zero cryomancer
If he's just using hi mid and low then jus block low. The overhead is where the mix up comes into play
hey boba buster, the basci kombos iam talking about are 24 and b33 and b34, i need to learn how to properly tech block these, if i can, iam able to completely control the gameplay of cpu raiden, the proble is not blocking it is that he mixes it up and it varies so i need to look for the definitive signs of which komobo he is leading into, have fun and thanks for the last reply, yes someday i will go online to fight and will challenge you, but i do not think it will be much of a challenge for you.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
I don't think Raiden has any mid string overheads. His only scary OH is the double chop, 2 overheads in a row (idk what command this is). I think he might have an OH kick, but I think that knocks down... Or is that Jason?