What's new

Tech Sub b2 reset

MK Kobra

Noob
Does MK Kobra play offline tournaments?
Nope, just online for now.

Honestly a lot of you guys really underestimate the B2. I'm not gonna go into the set-ups I use, because it's just going to turn into an argument. "Oh you're going to get blown up for using this against good players" or "This shit won't work offline". I honestly don't care if you guys use it or not. I'll just say that I use it against really good players, and I'm successful with it. I'm not just talking about after a 22 freeze either.

Honestly a lot of you guys really underestimate the B2. I'm not gonna go into the set-ups I use, because it's just going to turn into an argument. "Oh you're going to get blown up for using this against good players" or "This shit won't work offline". I honestly don't care if you guys use it or not. I'll just say that I use it against really good players, and I'm successful with it.
I agree. I use it all the time. It's a really good way to open up your opponent simply by just faking them out into something safe yet hit confirmable (i like to cancel into 212).Once they start respecting that, you can even cancel B2 into a throw. You can use it to bait wakeups to punish as well.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever

Honestly a lot of you guys really underestimate the B2. I'm not gonna go into the set-ups I use, because it's just going to turn into an argument. "Oh you're going to get blown up for using this against good players" or "This shit won't work offline". I honestly don't care if you guys use it or not. I'll just say that I use it against really good players, and I'm successful with it. I'm not just talking about after a 22 freeze either.
I think it's just a different perception people have when it comes to how a character should be played. I don't really believe in basing your playstyle with a character around tricks like b2, or clone and then ex slide into clone. All the setups for b2 are character specific for one thing, and most of the time you just end up creating more of a problem for yourself than your opponent when you try to do this stuff too often. b2 is just a nice option to have but you have to be unpredictable with it. If you use it as a staple part of your gameplay, it willbe more harmful than constructive against good players.

It isn't a case of underestimating b2, b2 has caught all of us at times and b2 surely has caught out some of the people I've played against but let's not spread false information that b2 is really awesome or has tonnes of very viable setups. It isn't and it doesn't.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta

I don't think anyone would bash how you play ... or your setup.... but you have to agree that anything that involves b2 is taking a risk that you don't have to take.

MK Kobra

Noob
I think it's just a different perception people have when it comes to how a character should be played. I don't really believe in basing your playstyle with a character around tricks like b2, or clone and then ex slide into clone. All the setups for b2 are character specific for one thing, and most of the time you just end up creating more of a problem for yourself than your opponent when you try to do this stuff too often. b2 is just a nice option to have but you have to be unpredictable with it. If you use it as a staple part of your gameplay, it willbe more harmful than constructive against good players.

It isn't a case of underestimating b2, b2 has caught all of us at times and b2 surely has caught out some of the people I've played against but let's not spread false information that b2 is really awesome or has tonnes of very viable setups. It isn't and it doesn't.
You've misunderstood. Do what you do, I'll do what I do. We're obviously not going to convince each other one way or the other, so why waste our time?

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
You've misunderstood. Do what you do, I'll do what I do. We're obviously not going to convince each other one way or the other, so why waste our time?
You're only thinking of how the subject pertains to your own playstyle. It's not my aim to criticise one person or another's playstyle, but to discuss it as it affects Sub [players in general. It's not about all the flaws in my playstyle or yours; I am just looking at b2 objectively and putting it in its proper context. B2 has a place, the argument seems to be over how large that place is.

NKZero

Noob
But surely if you time the fully charged B2 to perfection then the opponent cannot escape it and you get 35% combo in addition to 9% or so off the 22 freeze...why wouldn't you take roughly 45% guaranteed damage. Unless it is escapable by some way I am unaware of...

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
But surely if you time the fully charged B2 to perfection then the opponent cannot escape it and you get 35% combo in addition to 9% or so off the 22 freeze...why wouldn't you take roughly 45% guaranteed damage. Unless it is escapable by some way I am unaware of...
Um, if they don't block, they won't refreeze.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Pokes. If you are 6 frames off then you get poked out, and sometimes full combo'd by characters with fast launchers like Kung Lao and Sektor. Plus you might be able to armor out of it....im not sure...

Um, if they don't block, they won't refreeze.
This is didnt know...proof? ive never heard of this before.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Pokes. If you are 6 frames off then you get poked out, and sometimes full combo'd by characters with fast launchers like Kung Lao and Sektor. Plus you might be able to armor out of it....im not sure...

If you don't press a button.... the "shaking off freeze" animation still counts as being frozen.... therefore the b2 can not refreeze

however you can "cancel" the animation by holding block... or any button for that matter.... so b2 will refreeze.

ryublaze

Noob

I don't think 6 frame moves can poke out if the Sub player times the B2 perfectly (the timing I use is to dash forward twice before B2). You can armor out but you also have to time that perfectly.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
I don't think 6 frame moves can poke out if the Sub player times the B2 perfectly (the timing I use is to dash forward twice before B2). You can armor out but you also have to time that perfectly.
Well yeah if you time it perfectly, but thats the problem. If you're timing is off like i said you are going to get blown up.

ChuckFiasco

"I'm the 12th best Sub-Zero player in the world."
Full charge B2 is sick. Nothing makes me happier than popping one of those off on somebody.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
lol at people who say b2 is completely worthless. if you completely delete it from your game you are just deleting an extra tool you could use. NO one is saying that you should base your game around this move but when used sparingly, especially canceling it, it can be verrrryy effective..
i play kobra alll the time and he still sometimes catches me with the b2 fakeouts and ive seen him use it on other great players as well...
Its definitely opinion based but to tell kobra that its completely dumb and useless, who i believe to be the best sub right now, is just ignorant

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
lol at people who say b2 is completely worthless. if you completely delete it from your game you are just deleting an extra tool you could use. NO one is saying that you should base your game around this move but when used sparingly, especially canceling it, it can be verrrryy effective..
i play kobra alll the time and he still sometimes catches me with the b2 fakeouts and ive seen him use it on other great players as well...
Its definitely opinion based but to tell kobra that its completely dumb and useless, who i believe to be the best sub right now, is just ignorant
not a single person called him dumb. true story.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
you misread what i said.. not calling kobra dumb but calling the b2 dumb and useless.......
no one said that either.
I simply called it a gimmick.... because it is. There is not a single safe situation you can use it in.
It looks neat and does a little bit more damage than a normal BnB.... but 9 times out of 10 the opponent will blow it up after they see it once. Calling something effective because your opponent hasn't seen it is silly. You of all people should know you can get away with more online than you should.
This is simply one of those things. There are better options overall... than b2.

MK Kobra

Noob
This is why I don't post in the sub forums that much. I wouldn't have even posted in the first place if I wasn't mentioned. There are a couple of guys around here who are very stubborn lol, so I don't even bother with them. They don't have to use it, it's their loss.