What's new

Tech Sub b2 reset

jcage218

Noob
Is the reason why people no longer using the b2 reset because many chars got armor? If that is the case can you use it when the opponent do not have any meter?

jcage218

Noob
im not talking about the ground freeze, im reffering to - 22 freeze, time the b2 until they unfreeze and then do more stuff. Why did sub zero players stop using this??

DeathTouch

Iceman
if you stay neutral and dont block you wont refreeze. but you can fake out dashcancel b2 and do 22 freeze but the risk reward is stupid imo

but I use it sometimes and I got it 2 times tonight so it has it uses

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
It is super gimmicky really. It works every now and then.... more often online where reacting is a little.... not fair.
This ^^^^^. Every fucking time I get hit with it, I curse myself for not being allowed via online to get out of its way.

Impractical. Dangerous. Not to be forgotten, but...not that awesome.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
im not talking about the ground freeze, im reffering to - 22 freeze, time the b2 until they unfreeze and then do more stuff. Why did sub zero players stop using this??
I use it all the time.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I beg to differ good sir!

it looks insanely awesome when someone pulls it off, especially if they dash cancel out and hit an Xray combo!
From a visual/mmm, satisfaction standpoint, totally.
It's just a risky stunt to pull if your opponent knows Sub well enough to call it, especially given his more reliable options.
Maybe I just suck at it. I was the same with Ermac's B2 tactics. I'd try, and try, and try...and fail.

R.I.P. Resets :(

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
I only use it if it's going to win me the match after I've frozen a guy, but he has a breaker ready.

Probably all that it's good for, really.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
From a visual/mmm, satisfaction standpoint, totally.
It's just a risky stunt to pull if your opponent knows Sub well enough to call it, especially given his more reliable options.
Maybe I just suck at it. I was the same with Ermac's B2 tactics. I'd try, and try, and try...and fail.

R.I.P. Resets :(
Oh, I'm the same way... I was just saying... that it is awesome to see. lol

I hardly ever use a B2...

I use the ice puddle more than B2. True Story. lmfao

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I only use it if it's going to win me the match after I've frozen a guy, but he has a breaker ready.

Probably all that it's good for, really.
idk, I saw Kobra doing something with it last night that I'd never seen before. Could be useful in the corner...

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
lol... guys... no just no. Even in the corner you can NJP. it is a gimmick... it takes advantage of someone not knowing about a string or a move.
Online it is viable at best. Try this offline.... and watch yourself die.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
i never said it wouldn't.... as you can safely see... this is one character without armor.
What I'm saying is that.... this will get you killed 9 times outta 1o.

That one time is sweet though.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
If I hit a 22, freeze, I'll more than likely just use jip, b121 and then use the throw mixup or blockstring. I do b1, slide and b12 for the safe jump if the 2 connects, which is just another throw mixup.

This pressure is actually better offline than online, however, because b1 will whiff quite a lot on a crouch blocking opponent after b121 online due to the messed up timing.

I don't see the point in b2 cancels when you have all these other pressure options available off a 22, freeze. You can go ahead and do it when you have Xray but I'd still rather just hit him with the Xray combo off 22 freeze if I am looking to use the Xray. I prefer the Xray combo to be completely guaranteed rather than giving him a 50/50 chance of getting out of the situation and then making one good read and making me use meter for breaker... Since I only use Xrays to close out rounds and matches I am never really looking for the absolute highest damage Xray combo with Sub. He rarely needs it since the basic Xray combos already do close to 50%, and doing a b2 reset will not stop your opponent from breaking if he has breaker.

Those are my thoughts on b2 cancels.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
If I hit a 22, freeze, I'll more than likely just use jip, b121 and then use the throw mixup or blockstring. I do b1, slide and b12 for the safe jump if the 2 connects, which is just another throw mixup.

This pressure is actually better offline than online, however, because b1 will whiff quite a lot on a crouch blocking opponent after b121 online due to the messed up timing.

I don't see the point in b2 cancels when you have all these other pressure options available off a 22, freeze. You can go ahead and do it when you have Xray but I'd still rather just hit him with the Xray combo off 22 freeze if I am looking to use the Xray. I prefer the Xray combo to be completely guaranteed rather than giving him a 50/50 chance of getting out of the situation and then making one good read and making me use meter for breaker... Since I only use Xrays to close out rounds and matches I am never really looking for the absolute highest damage Xray combo with Sub. He rarely needs it since the basic Xray combos already do close to 50%, and doing a b2 reset will not stop your opponent from breaking if he has breaker.

Those are my thoughts on b2 cancels.
this. like x1000000