What's new

Breakthrough - Stunt Double Stunt Double whiff problem (FIXED :D)

Nah his D2 is good it lack horizontal range but you can instant run down 2, depending on the mu S1 is a good as and S2 is a good cross up aa, D4 could be good because it low profiles some jump ins.

In anyway JC has one of the best tripgaurd moves in the game so I'd tripgaurd more than aa or Ex NP
have you guys ever tried his f4? its a pretty good AA allowing for high damage off conversions

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie

I Don't think this is enough evidence to prove if it has been fixed, 113 MRS, but I can say for a fact F24 MSK in the corner has not been fixed. I can't find any Jacqui players so I can't test it for females. Also couldn't test the variations where the low hits while crouching because I forgot about that.

Also keep in mind this is the beta. It may be fixed or they may not fix any of the whiffs at all and leave SD as is.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!

I Don't think this is enough evidence to prove if it has been fixed, 113 MRS, but I can say for a fact F24 MSK in the corner has not been fixed. I can't find any Jacqui players so I can't test it for females. Also couldn't test the variations where the low hits while crouching because I forgot about that.

Also keep in mind this is the beta. It may be fixed or they may not fix any of the whiffs at all and leave SD as is.
Shit I forgot to mention you need to hit them with the FIRST shadow after 113 while they are the opposite stance as the 2nd mimic does not whiff

But thanks in anyway where nearly there

Maxter

Noob
Great Video mate, But there are too many other bugs with SD, even with 114 clone uppercut in the corner not connecting, its really inconsistent playing with him and I have to convert normals into meter burn NP to launch cause of fear of dropping combos cause of how buggy this variation is. I believe SD has potential to be a top 10 char as he is and just require mastery, but these bugs make me question his viability. I wished JC had better normals on this variation, but most of his normals are based mostly on the frame Advantages A- list could potentially have if hey are buffed. I don't think many people will keep using this variation unless @colt fix it properly, I'll drop it myself If I dont see bug fixes and maybe some other changes, I've really wasted my time mastering this character.

IrishMantis

Major update

113 MRS is fixed and this is from testing on Mileana!!!!

I heard it was still there so over reacted last time I updated. I was wrong

@colt I promise its the last time I tag you but I must apologise for last update and thank you for fixing and listening to the community.
This is Huge. Thanks again Paulo you and your team.

Check the update on they fixed it

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Major update

113 MRS is fixed and this is from testing on Mileana!!!!

I heard it was still there so over reacted last time I updated. I was wrong

@colt I promise its the last time I tag you but I must apologise for last update and thank you for fixing and listening to the community.
This is Huge. Thanks again Paulo you and your team.

Check the update on they fixed it
Now works on every character both stances? This is HUGE.
One of the reasons I was not playing sd that much was this inconsistency.

Now let's hope Paulo buffs speedbag and I think Cage community would be less hurted with the highly likely A-list nerfs xD

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
FINAL UPDATE: 113 MRS is now fixed. They basically made the first clone the same speed as the 2nd clone that's why F24 MSK whiffs, but I will take 123 not whiffing 100 times over F24 not whiffing :D

Thank you Lord Paulo

UPDATE 2: 113 MRS is still not fixed.
I don't know why! I posted this complete break down in the faults with it before the last patch, I was convinced it was going to get fixed.
But no it didn't.

More than likely it's too late but here is hoping something can be done before it's too late :(
This is not just some little stance issue if you watch the video you see it's more complex than that, and out of all the stance switch issues in the game this has to be the worst. I punish somebody with 113 mimic rising shadow and that should be the game winning combo, but it whiffs and they make the comeback GGs
It's 40% 1 and 1 Shadow so it's not just some little "I have to do a hit or 2 less because of stance"
It's the whole combo.

UPDATE: 114, B34 and 21 have all being fixed since video, but the main problem still exist to 113 MRS and for what Mike Recently found it happens on 333 too.
This is the major issue holding SD back

I also like to add another whiffing issue of the last hit of 212 whiffing and being to be fully combo punished due to it

I don't think the cloned shadow kick is a big issue, but the rising shadow definitely is.

Sorry about the quality as Its late and I was using share factory so I had the record it in bite sizes rather than one smooth take.

Im too tired to tag in SD players I'll do it in the morning.

@colt

Thanks for watching :D
Love watching your Johnny

IrishMantis

I'll be pretty happy, but forgive me I'm skeptical it's actually fixed. I need to see video proof.
I'll try get some tomorrow but trust me if I can make a video explain in detail why and all the different scenarios of it happening I should atleast be given the benefit it works. :p

They changed the first shadow with the 2nd shadow I'm 100% sure
As in punishing with 113 it works from touching, I can't tell from letting go off block or further range it can possibly still whiff, but in ecstatic on what we have now

just thought I throw you a tag

Last edited: