What's new

Breakthrough - Stunt Double Stunt Double whiff problem (FIXED :D)

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I wondered about the difference in properties between the first and second clones.

Back in the day I tested how plus MRS was. It seems about 0-+2, but if you fire off the 2nd MRS it's a bit more plus. Maybe +2-4.

Why does this exist NRS?

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Headblast with this, yes. And it's only one of his problems, there are others like f24 bf4 whiffing or hitting depending on crouch state.

It's the exact problem Jaqui had with her bf2, some of the strings push the opponent too far for the link to happen, depending on stance and crouch state.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
If NRS sees this kind of things and they don't do anything would be a shame. We, the players, are doing betatesters role, we discover their mistakes (because I doubt a lot this was intentional). The less they could do is fix it.

But if Kung Lao is going to be buffed, we never now, NRS logic is a mistery. Maybe Cage gets a nerf. Maybe even Fisticuffs gets another nerf, or speedbag totally removed xD

Somea2V

Thread Referee
You shut your pretty whore mouth! :p

If Cage catches any kind of nerf I'm done with this game.
I'm willing to bet money he gets nerfed or ignored. The crappy job they put into testing him, such as the now shown myriad of whiffing nonsense, and their previous criterion for nerfing Fisticuffs inspires no hope that they actually care about this character or want to put effort into fixing him.

n1kosh

Train harder
Guys how about his AIR wiffs? When jumping the opponent... Wtf... Just wtf....
Johnny Cage R.I.P. :(

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Guys how about his AIR wiffs? When jumping the opponent... Wtf... Just wtf....
Johnny Cage R.I.P. :(
Well Lucky for us cage is a grounded char, the only times you should be jumping is over projectile to punish and meaty jump in 3s, maybe cross jump pressure on certain chars.

But yeah his jumps are shit

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
@FireBreather , @I Am The LK

i think it has something to do with Stance and hitbox.. 113 into 113 changes where opponent's hitbox is compared to just doing 113DB1. ditto with SK into SK the second may not hit due to opponent being novked up and the hitbox floats

IrishMantis

AA also shit )
Nah his D2 is good it lack horizontal range but you can instant run down 2, depending on the mu S1 is a good as and S2 is a good cross up aa, D4 could be good because it low profiles some jump ins.

In anyway JC has one of the best tripgaurd moves in the game so I'd tripgaurd more than aa or Ex NP

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
stance switch issues aside, its stuff like this that makes me really question why NRS ever gave different characters different hitboxes. It kinda makes sense on paper for females to have smaller hitboxes, but in reality it just causes really silly and avoidable stuff like this.

A lot of people say that it is a good thing in that it makes you learn matchups better and modify your bnbs for different characters, but thats just ridiculous. There should be, and are, much better reasons to learn matchups than knowing which combo to do.

IrishMantis

Turns out is not just 113 MRS as @Mikemetroid has found as you see above

I'm hoping NRS are aware of this issue

I've also updated OP as there was some out of date stuff said in the video