What's new

Match Footage Stryker Videos

Don't know if I've really improved that much lol. To be honest, I've been playing a lot of SF lately so I actually felt a little rusty. :p

Other thing is just preference, I suppose, but go for a bit more damage before ending your launchers with 3. The stagger isn't enough even at the peak height to get a completely safe continuation, so might as well go for the extra 10'ish percent.
There's 2 reasons why I do less damage before the reset:

1. Unless you're in the corner, extending combos also pushes the opponent further away in addition to providing less stagger. What that means basically is that you give them a couple of more frames to breathe and react to your follow ups. So following with B3,2 or cross-over jump won't work as effectively.

2. My controller is so busted I don't even want to try and extend my combos anyway. I just know I'll drop them too often.

However, you going to need to work on that standing 2 of yours. Give me standing 2 into something lol... Gunshot or cancel, 2,3 roll or gunshot or gun cancel. You had so many opportunities to inflict more damage but for some reason you always stop.
Yes, and that reason is because frame trapping leads to more meter building and more damage in the end. :)

Standing 2 is godlike. Stryker's best poke after 4. Use it and see for yourself. Don't combo after it. Just stand 2, poke or jump over them. Come back and tell me how that went for you. :) It can literally lead to full combos.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Then you should play rusty at all time :-P maybe you got to clear your head while playing SF. I know standing 2 got a ridiculous amount of stagger to it, I can see what you mean by staying in there face. The more pressure you apply, the more you opponent will freak out and mess up. That's why I like our forum :) so many variety in playstyle

Edit: another setup I discovered for landing standing 2 is that you can do D3 twice then they will be in perfect range for it. This is to bait ppl who are trying to anticipate the cross jump after the D3s. I found this while spamming Johnny cage's F32 frame trap against stryker.

Hey Vulcan, can you try this combo for me? Please and thank you.

B2, F2, dash, 1, 2, Gunshot, dash, 4, Roll Toss
Doesn't work. :(

I know there is a new kombo somewhere... I can feel it lol
So far there are only 2 known new combos:

B3,2, dash xx 4 xx Roll Toss (29%)

and

JK, dash xx 4 xx Roll Toss (24%) ----> This one is a game changer for me. And I'll be happy if it's the only new combo Stryker has.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Doesn't work. :(

So far there are only 2 known new combos:

B3,2, dash xx 4 xx Roll Toss (29%)

and

JK, dash xx 4 xx Roll Toss (24%) ----> This one is a game changer for me. And I'll be happy if it's the only new combo Stryker has.
Are we talking about the regular late jk here or any jump kick? This is a game changer indeed. Not that many chars can do damage like that off of a jk

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
Damn, that's too bad. I'm on PS3 and it looks like I'm sooo close to landing the roll toss at the end. That's a bummer. That B2, F2 builds insane meter on block.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I'm definitely about to do something I've NEVER done

Im gonna Pick up and play stryker, after watching that video I'm pumped.

I see some beauty in him with what I just saw.

Can to expert Stryker players enlighten me a little and educate me on this.....how good post patch is his safe string cancelled in to gun cancel work? Does this work well in up close pressure mixed in with his low starter?

Keep in mind I know little about him but in terms of kabal matchup why do I feel you can outzone him now w his tools and do a little canceling offense of your own
?

Are his ex roll and baton moves safe?

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled

Can to expert Stryker players enlighten me a little and educate me on this.....how good post patch is his safe string cancelled in to gun cancel work? Does this work well in up close pressure mixed in with his low starter?

Keep in mind I know little about him but in terms of kabal matchup why do I feel you can outzone him now w his tools and do a little canceling offense of your own
?

It feels good man. I secretly picked him up after Pmarc bodied my Ermac MONTHS ago. He's a fun character.

I think all roll tosses are safe, also believe baton is now safe.. I'm on PS3, so I bet Vulcan could probably enlighten you more Piggy.

EDIT: Do you think this'll effect is gun cancels for the better or am I just reading it wrong?

"You can now block after a dash forward is completed if it was cancelled into from a special move. You canceling out of a dash into another dash was normalized for most of the characters. Dash Block canceling remains the same."

?

Good to hear you are planning to pick up Stryker. :) To answer your questions:

-Roll Toss and EN Roll Toss are both -3 on block.

-Baton Sweep is very unsafe point blank but if you hit them at max range you're kinda safe. Not sure if Reptile or Raiden can punish you but I know you're too far away for a normal punish.

-EN Baton Sweep is -2 or -3 just like normal Roll Toss.

-Baton Sweep gives you an untechable knockdown.

-Gun Shot on block is -1 or -2 I think.

-All of Stryker's stagger states are not long enough to guarantee a safe jump.

-Gun canceling is all about mind games. Its follow ups are never entirely safe or guaranteed but they often work for me. I mostly recommend gun canceling after stagger states or when you have enough frame advantage (when they are still in the air or when you get your untechable knockdown). Other than that, it can be used to mixup zoning options (gun xx gun shot makes people stand up, gun xx grenade to catch jumpers, gun xx roll toss to counter zone etc.) but that's not recommended vs teleport characters. Vs teleport characters what you can do is gun xx D1/D4 or gun xx stance xx block.

I don't think the patch has made his canceling abilities better. He's just a little faster overall. Faster B3, faster roll, safer baton sweep. So yeah, I guess his overall mixup options got kinda buffed. But he's no Kabal lol.

RamenO

It Stinks!
There's 2 reasons why I do less damage before the reset:

1. Unless you're in the corner, extending combos also pushes the opponent further away in addition to providing less stagger. What that means basically is that you give them a couple of more frames to breathe and react to your follow ups. So following with B3,2 or cross-over jump won't work as effectively.
Yeah man, I understand. Like I said, just preference. I like doing B1, 2, 2, NJP, 2xxGunshot into 3. Or just Gunshot after the B1, 2, 2 into 3.

Vulcan Hades said:
2. My controller is so busted I don't even want to try and extend my combos anyway. I just know I'll drop them too often.
I see you didn't follow my original critic on your earlier videos. Buy a new controller man. They're like 15-20 bucks. :p

Great matches Vulcan... need more than an Overhead projectile to beat a Cop.
That first noob was a epic win.

Is imperative... even with you disagree :p... You need more damage... even risking lose the combo. This could save you against that Cyrax.
This can be usefull to. In the B3, 2... If the opponent know the "low, overhead" string... do B3, Baton Sweep... "low,low"... Enhanced makes things even better.

Although, Very enjoying matches.. (i jump off the chair against the first noob).

This can be usefull to. In the B3, 2... If the opponent know the "low, overhead" string... do B3, Baton Sweep... "low,low"... Enhanced makes things even better.
That's a good idea man. I was thinking of incorporating something similar to that. The only problem I see is that Baton Sweep is very unsafe point blank. So using EN Baton Sweep would probably be best. But I'm pretty sure even B3 xx Baton Sweep could work since most decent players stand up after blocking B3.

I was also thinking of using B3, D3 then mixup with D3/Throw/jump/2/D4 xx Roll Toss. I'll try that next time.

I'll also try to maximize my damage. I know I need to work on that. But more importantly, I have to buy a hori pad. :)

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
With strykers win pose, is the blood always red? Even when fighting noob and cyber-zero?

I know that's like the least of the games problems, but weird visual stuff always bug the shit out of me. Now that I think about it, that was the first time I have seen strykers win pose since the game first came out.

Oh also, the new improved roll toss is amazing.

lol yeah. It also kind of bugged me when I saw that. Killing Reptile should throw out green acid blood, then melt Stryker's face. That would be funny lol.

@Police Brutality: btw, I just rewatched my first match vs Noob. Those 2s I did were actually input drops. I was going for B2 but a 2 came out, that shit happens a lot to me since my left button is acting up sometimes.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
With strykers win pose, is the blood always red? Even when fighting noob and cyber-zero?

I know that's like the least of the games problems, but weird visual stuff always bug the shit out of me. Now that I think about it, that was the first time I have seen strykers win pose since the game first came out.

Oh also, the new improved roll toss is amazing.
Yeah I think it's red everytime.

I blame Vulcan for the current Stryker bandwagon.
lol, sorry. :( I didn't know people would jump on him like that. :invisible:

No worries, Stryker is still the hardest character to use and master in the game. So most of those bandwagonners will drop him when they realize they have to work hard and play smart to get wins. Most Stryker players just try to win by spamming projectiles. But Stryker isn't that kind of character. They should pick up Noob or Ermac if they really like to spam.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I want to see some Stryker V. Rain action...

That's probably the matchup I'm most curious about. That, and Raiden.

Gotta be prepared.

I want to see some Stryker V. Rain action...

That's probably the matchup I'm most curious about. That, and Raiden.

Gotta be prepared.
Well I have uploaded a few fights vs those characters:

Those were pre-patch though.

Stryker vs Raiden is an incredibly stupid matchup (then again it is for everyone). You have to dance around and hit Raiden where he's not and where you think he's going to be next. You're basically trying to bait his teleports to get a D1, 4, uppercut or throw attempt. And you're blocking the rest of the time because you anticipate a random superman. Good luck trying to land a jump punch on this guy. And you're not going to hit him with Gun Shots very often either. Basically, the only way you can touch him is on reaction to teleport and on superman block. The rest is all footsies and an annoying chasing game.

Raiden Players, normally are previsible... When i see the good results of NJP, teleport becomes better to me, than to them. In any case, you can chase him on corner... Teleport is suicide in corner, and random superman is risky too...