Espio

Kokomo
Stryker Video Guide

Frame Data
True Damage/Block Chip Damage And Meter Building Data
Combos (Videos & Notations)
Music Intro

Biography:

Stryker One of New York's Finest, Stryker is a one man SWAT team. He was once decorated for single-handedly thwarting the terrorists in the famous Greenberg Tower incident, and again for rescuing passengers of a speeding crosstown bus rigged to explode.

He was unprepared, however, for the magical portal that spewed forth creatures from another realm...a realm he didn't even know existed. So far his combat training has gotten him through the first wave of creatures. It'll take more than rocket launching Tarkatans to stop this die-hard cop.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fighting Game Appearences: MK3, UMK3, MKT, Armageddon, MK9

Other Media/Games Appearences : Mortal Kombat: Defenders of The Realm (TV show), Mortal Kombat Rebirth (Short Film), Mortal Kombat: Legacy (Film Series).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part 1: The Basics-Normals, Specials, X-ray, Things To Avoid
Part 2:Unbreakable Damage, Advantage Gun Cancels, Jump Kick Combos, Things To Avoid Continued
Corner Combo & Brief Discussion
Getting Out Of Pressure & 50/5o
String Stagger/Delay
Gun Cancel/Stance Change Into Block
Part 3: String Breakdown, Punishment Options, Resets,Question & Answer Portion

Espio

Kokomo
Rampage254 PoliceBrutality GrandMasterson Mikemetroid

I'm making one more quick video to talk about the 50/50, quick discussion about how to get out of pressure and gun cancel stance change into block, anything else you guys want talked about? If so I'll divide into two short videos, thanks in advance for feedback. I know a lot of this has been covered before, but I want it in a more centralized location.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Rampage254 PoliceBrutality GrandMasterson Mikemetroid

I'm making one more quick video to talk about the 50/50, quick discussion about how to get out of pressure and gun cancel stance change into block, anything else you guys want talked about? If so I'll divide into two short videos, thanks in advance for feedback. I know a lot of this has been covered before, but I want it in a more centralized location.
As for 50/50 I dont think he has much. The ones i've been using are
11 x gunshot~dash 11... from there you can do another gunshot if the second 11 connects or you go into throw or D3 into standing 4 gun hold

the second one is good against opponent with sucky chars. Afte you land a reset, you can quickly dash into a cross up punch. This does not work against chars like stryker (obviously) or sektor. Pretty much anyone with fast uppercuts. But you will eat ermac or smoke alive with that setup. They will have to either go for a D1 anti-air or block and eat the block strings. Other than that you can go into the standing 3 xx gunshot hold reset.

Oh yeah there is the regular b3 into d3 or throw. Pretty much not finishing the string.

Well i'll go with what Mikemetroid said i guess. I think you already covered is weaknesses, maybe you can stress out a few more hehe

Espio

Kokomo
Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll look into incorporating quite a few of these ideas.

As for 50/50 I dont think he has much. The ones i've been using are
11 x gunshot~dash 11... from there you can do another gunshot if the second 11 connects or you go into throw or D3 into standing 4 gun hold

the second one is good against opponent with sucky chars. Afte you land a reset, you can quickly dash into a cross up punch. This does not work against chars like stryker (obviously) or sektor. Pretty much anyone with fast uppercuts. But you will eat ermac or smoke alive with that setup. They will have to either go for a D1 anti-air or block and eat the block strings. Other than that you can go into the standing 3 xx gunshot hold reset.

Oh yeah there is the regular b3 into d3 or throw. Pretty much not finishing the string.

Well i'll go with what Mikemetroid said i guess. I think you already covered is weaknesses, maybe you can stress out a few more hehe

I meant back 3 baton sweep and back 3, 2 as the 50/50 I was referencing, sorry if I wasn't clear on that.

It sounds like you're talking about string stagger primarily? This is a good idea actually, especially for mix ups and checking armor shenanigans, will be a definite future video :). The good thing is it can be informative, but still fairly short and stream lined so that's nice.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
I just started doing the 11 x gunshot loop. I always knew it jailed the opponent (can't jump, can't do super move,poke etc), but always failed to confirm gunshot for the second or third repetition. It's quite nice for short combo anti breaker. Also once the opponent respect it, you can go for cross up into low or B2 to build meter. It's a bit risky if they have good anti air pokes.

Espio

Kokomo
I just started doing the 11 x gunshot loop. I always knew it jailed the opponent (can't jump, can't do super move,poke etc), but always failed to confirm gunshot for the second or third repetition. It's quite nice for short combo anti breaker. Also once the opponent respect it, you can go for cross up into low or B2 to build meter. It's a bit risky if they have good anti air pokes.
I'm actually not as well versed with this particular set up because I usually only use meter with Stryker for armor roll toss or breakers.

You're sure it jails pokes? I'm not doubting you, I just have never really messed with it for the aforementioned reasons.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
I'm actually not as well versed with this particular set up because I usually only use meter with Stryker for armor roll toss or breakers.

You're sure it jails pokes? I'm not doubting you, I just have never really messed with it for the aforementioned reasons.
Ok try this. Go to training then put the opponent on jump. Do 11 x gunshot, dash 11 x gunshot. You will noticed that the opponent can't even leave the ground. You can try experiment with crouching opp as well. The reason why I say it jails poke is because the second hit of 11 hits crouching opps. I'm assuming by the time they let go of block to poke the second hit will connect (unless it's against a low hitbox, not sure). BTW this is for 50/50.but try it let me know. I'm sure you will be able to come up with something :)

Espio

Kokomo
Ok try this. Go to training then put the opponent on jump. Do 11 x gunshot, dash 11 x gunshot. You will noticed that the opponent can't even leave the ground. You can try experiment with crouching opp as well. The reason why I say it jails poke is because the second hit of 11 hits crouching opps. I'm assuming by the time they let go of block to poke the second hit will connect (unless it's against a low hitbox, not sure). BTW this is for 50/50.but try it let me know. I'm sure you will be able to come up with something :)
I meant the gun shot, I'm familiar with the second 1 hitting crouching opponents, I thought you meant the properties of ex gun shot made the gunshots hit crouching opponents.

Regardless of hitbox size the second 1 hits crouch, this includes small hitboxes like Mileena's.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
I meant the gun shot, I'm familiar with the second 1 hitting crouching opponents, I thought you meant the properties of ex gun shot made the gunshots hit crouching opponents.

Regardless of hitbox size the second 1 hits crouch, this includes small hitboxes like Mileena's.
Ah ok. I know you against spending meters un shenanigans that why I didn't recommend any. Ex gunshot hitting crouching opp would have been cool tho :D

Espio

Kokomo

Ah ok. I know you against spending meters un shenanigans that why I didn't recommend any. Ex gunshot hitting crouching opp would have been cool tho :D
It's not about my personal preference to be fair lol. I just wanna incorporate whatever works for him to make him be played better.

Recommend away, the more ideas flying around the better, we'd be so far behind without everyone contributing info/knowledge as a group in all character forums and the game in general.

Chris Thomas

pokerbrat2k7
damn I didn't realize 232 is -26 on block. I really only use that string whenever I block specific specials from characters like Milenna, Smoke, Scorpion, etc... and I want them positioned just outside midscreen. I do always have trouble with Skarlet and her attacking teleport. Know of any good punishes other than D1??

damn I didn't realize 232 is -26 on block. I really only use that string whenever I block specific specials from characters like Milenna, Smoke, Scorpion, etc... and I want them positioned just outside midscreen. I do always have trouble with Skarlet and her attacking teleport. Know of any good punishes other than D1??
on mileena/smoke/scorpion why wouldnt you use 1,2,gun,4,roll (or if it works start with njp)?
d1's probably a bad punish for skarlet because she's already on the ground and you're giving up your frame advantage. your best shot is probably d4~crossup because d4 is +12 on hit she probably wont be able to AA in time and be forced to block a string (B2,F2 is 0 on block, i'd go with that)

Chris Thomas

pokerbrat2k7
using the 4 roll at the end puts them at a position on the screen that isn't advantageous to Stryker. I don't wanna have Milenna, Scorpion or Smoke coming inside and I don't want them fullscreen. I wouldn't use B2 F2 after Skarlet's teleport anyway i'd rather come in with a mix-up like 11 g/c or even a 4, EX baton sweep

then dash in. you're +7 on hit for roll toss. that gets you position foo.
learn to read jackass, i said D4 then crossup, jp, b2,f2 it'll probably get blocked so you're 0 and can either block her stuff or 1,1,roll

Espio

Kokomo
Yeah it's slow/cumbersome, full combo punishable, and can't go into anything in terms of big damage. That string is so bleh lol. Standing 2 by itself is tight though <3.

Part 3 of the video guide explains punishes for Mileena's ball roll(which also applies to Smoke/Scorpion teleports). To make them respect your defense and damage, you have to punish for bigger damage than what you get off of 2,3,2.

If you want good punishes use the back 1,2,2 or back 2, forward 2 starters.

Good combo ideas: Back 1,2,2, neutral jump punch, 2, gun shot, 1,2 roll toss 35 or 36%.

Back 2, forward 2, 1,2, gun shot, 1,2 roll toss for 37%.

If you're not comfortable with timing these specific ones yet try 1,2, gun shot, 1,2 roll toss for 30%.

If you want them closer end in baton sweep, but you'll be sacrificing a couple percent in terms of damage.

For Skarlet's teleport, it's almost as negative as Reptile's dash, so your punishment options are a throw for 12%, 1,2 for pressure and 9%, 1,1 roll toss for 15%, 1,1 gun shot to keep them standing and apply more pressure for 11%.

Espio

Kokomo
I was referring to B3 on block but the stagger is just as effective hehe
Stagger= canceling the string whether on block or hit is what I mean when I say that(although stagger implies after the string hits, I'll play around with the video title lol). So I will be covering them in both ways regardless of on hit or on block.

I'll also be talking about strings to not stagger and what are the nice ones to stagger in addition to reason why someone would stagger a string in the first place.

This will be the first video that focuses on one topic exclusively so I don't have to worry about going off on a tangent or anything, I can just purely focus on this :).

espio, what'd you think of my response to skarlet tele? if you d4 can she still anti air an instant crossup jp into b2,f2? i feel like that would not only force her into a block situation, but net you 12-15 including chip and a chunk of meter while leaving you at 0. though i could see why this would be bad because being 0 with skarlet at point blank you might as well be negative, but if you can jump/poke out or roll a whiff then i think it's worth it

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
espio, what'd you think of my response to skarlet tele? if you d4 can she still anti air an instant crossup jp into b2,f2? i feel like that would not only force her into a block situation, but net you 12-15 including chip and a chunk of meter while leaving you at 0. though i could see why this would be bad because being 0 with skarlet at point blank you might as well be negative, but if you can jump/poke out or roll a whiff then i think it's worth it
Wouldn't neutral jump punch beat the cross up or are you assuming that the D4 will always connect on a block teleport? I guess we need to find out first what is the frame on a block teleport, then we can properly come up a punish method