What's new

Tech Stryker Ex Baton Sweep Tech!

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
I have been messing with 114 as well. I can easily follow up with D3 and standing 4. Standing 4 seems to be the best option in my opinion just because it's fast and catches opp when they try to jump, uppercut, or low poke. Unfortunately, I have been punished by JC F3 (forward knee) but that's during my attempt to D3 right after it.

The next underused string with potential is 2,3 xx Gun cancel. 2, 3 xx EN gunshot does combo but it puts the opponent at jumping distance. So gun cancel, standing 4, and uppercut are perfect AA options. I like to do Gun hold because I can let it rip to trick opponents as well. I tried to pressure after it by doing D4 xx baton sweep/ throw, standing 4 but the opponent is too far. Any pressure strings attempt is futile as far as i'm concerned. This is a perfect string to fish for G/C AA. You can also do 2,3 xx G/C into dash throw as well or whatever shenanigans you feel comfortable with.

I am currently challenging myself to start using all of his strings that I have abandoned (mostly 114 and 2,3). Hopefully I will find good use for them. What I have been doing is trying to play a session by not using B122 at all. Due to bad habit it still comes out occasionally lol, but at least im becoming a little less predictable (I think) lol

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
*Takes notes* I've ended a few combos with the EX sweep, but I never thought of following it up with D3. Damn the timing on this is strict lol

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I've been having the weirdest thing with wakeup attacks lately. I don't know its like I know its coming but my reaction just isn't quick enough (online). I've been feeling like the biggest tard in the world since I let people hit me with them so much. This tech was used on me a couple nights ago. I was like "wtf? what happened to my invincible wake up attack?" lol

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
I've been having the weirdest thing with wakeup attacks lately. I don't know its like I know its coming but my reaction just isn't quick enough (online). I've been feeling like the biggest tard in the world since I let people hit me with them so much. This tech was used on me a couple nights ago. I was like "wtf? what happened to my invincible wake up attack?" lol
HAHA!!! I have KillPhil89 on players met list for 2/6/2012. I wanna take credit for doing it to you, but I dont know for sure lol. You probably played a lot of stryker who knows :D

EDIT: Well since you are a fellow TYM member, mind if I add you to my friend list hehe

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
HAHA!!! I have KillPhil89 on players met list for 2/6/2012. I wanna take credit for doing it to you, but I dont know for sure lol. You probably played a lot of stryker who knows :D

EDIT: Well since you are a fellow TYM member, mind if I add you to my friend list hehe
No it was you. I remember that name. I also remember getting juggled with a silly EX gunshot combo several times. lol

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
No it was you. I remember that name. I also remember getting juggled with a silly EX gunshot combo several times. lol
I must of been under pressure. I only use the 43% combo as a comeback factor. i'm adding you now

EDIT: That's the only time I really use EX gunshot... or trying to close a round from full screen

I rarely use EX gun shot but when I do it's usually for meter purposes..

Like I have 1 bar and my opponent has 2. I'm doing a simple juggle (not very damaging maybe like 15-20%) and I notice my opponent has no intention in breaking the combo, so that's when I do EX Gun instead of normal Gun. That seems to have like a "panic effect" on people and almost everytime I manage to make them basically waste their breakers (just because I used 1 bar during a combo)

So basically I trade 1 meter to get rid of my opponents breaker in a combo that wasn't even supposed to deal a lot of damage. Seems pretty lame but it's stupid things like this that turn the tables of a round. It's a gamble though..

Carefoot

http://youtube.com/nickcarefoot
Yeah I agree. 1,1,4 definitely has some potential.

It's not entirely safe because I did it on the CPU as a blockstring and he was able to punish me with a 7 frame jab. So I know it's at least -7 on block. But tbh I don't think that's a major problem (Reptile's elbow dash is -15 after all and we can barely punish that). The reason why I think 1,1,4 is good is because it leaves Stryker at deceptive range and deceptive negative frames. Just like with standing 2, Stryker looks very unsafe and very punishable even though he's not. So it can be very tempting for the opponent to try to throw his 10 frame jab combo starter or an unsafe special move. And that can potentially mean a free punish for us.

Though tbh I haven't actually messed around with it much. But I can definitely see how it could potentially fool players into committing mistakes.
Last hit of 1,1,4 is only good if people are dumb and can't tell the diffrence between it and standing 4. Mix this string in with 11, wait, than 4 and it will make their brain hurt.

Its just a mind game vs people who don't know Stryker.

Even though there are like a ton of frames at the end of 1,1,4 that are just junk IT LOOKS faster...

Oh and I just tested I'm pretty sure it causes an untechable knockdown off the gutkick. Heh.

*scratches face* Its a half ok frame trap boys. If they had only told us.