What's new

Strategy - Kung Lao Strongest variation discussion

F4tal

Noob
I honestly think Hat Trick is useless. Me personally I think Buzz Saw is better because of the set ups and footsies but Tempest is still extremely solid as well.

Eyedentical

That's it? That's all you got?
I personally think Buzzsaw is right now, but it's still way too early to tell. Someone one will find ways to make the other two just as viable if not more viable.

Afro_physicist

Hat Trick
Buzzsaw plays just like he did in mk9. So naturally it's already amazing and people are comfortable with it. Hat trick is a whole new character to master, but tempest is just buzzsaw with an option to throw your hat away for 10 seconds

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
I think tempest is the best because his ex spin can punish alot of things that most of the cast can't like scorpion f2 in hellfire and inferno variation. Erron black overhead string gets punished by tempest lao every time. I like how huge the hotbox is on his ex spin. 40% 1 bar midscreen but buzzsaw can get that too tho right?

I think tempest is the best because his ex spin can punish alot of things that most of the cast can't like scorpion f2 in hellfire and inferno variation. Erron black overhead string gets punished by tempest lao every time. I like how huge the hotbox is on his ex spin. 40% 1 bar midscreen but buzzsaw can get that too tho right?
He gets a 38% BnB midscreen with 1 bar in buzzsaw. It's just different, there is stuff tempest can't punish because of pushback but buzzsaw does not have that problem. The only real significant damage difference is the damage off a raw ex spin. In tempest my ex spin bnb is 33% while my buzzsaw one is like 26%

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
Damage is a big thing in competitive play 33% punish is worth the bar. Especially when you get that off an anti air ex spin everytime

Wasted

Noob
Damage is a big thing, but what you lose between those Tempest and Buzzsaw BnBs, you make up for in mixups and pressure.

All things considered, Tempest isn't generally worh it.

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
He gets a 38% BnB midscreen with 1 bar in buzzsaw. It's just different, there is stuff tempest can't punish because of pushback but buzzsaw does not have that problem. The only real significant damage difference is the damage off a raw ex spin. In tempest my ex spin bnb is 33% while my buzzsaw one is like 26%
All variants get 38 no meter if you start with 44

Damage is a big thing, but what you lose between those Tempest and Buzzsaw BnBs, you make up for in mixups and pressure.

All things considered, Tempest isn't generally worh it.
His mixups arent crazy good in buzzs
All variants get 38 no meter if you start with 44
We were talking about off of a raw ex spin or reliable strings to use dyring the neutral or for pressure. You dont want to use 44 unless you want to die.

This is true. I'm just saying they all do damage. Buzzsaw also has the low hat so you can over head low hat or b22 guessing game.
When it comes to mixups buzzsaw still loses to characters who have a 50/50. Because the low is just 5%. you have to guess like 4 times right to get the same damage other characters have. It really is only in the best case scenario that you will get the same damage other characters have off of their sometimes safe 50/50's And that is for guessing right multiple times.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Buzzsaw can get 40% meterless off of a teleport 3.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Buzz Saw as a general choice, because it is horrendously strong.

But Tempest will specifically blow up certain characters because of the 4 frame spin.

And Hat Trick is for the lols.