What's new

Stress Test/Beta - NRS YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG!!!

I honestly have no ego to bruise. I don't intend on being great, but just enough to play and have fun, which, for the most part is true.

That said, if all of this is simply, and ONLY about a stress test, then why not ask players to simply download an AI battle simulator that will play against other players and run it all day? It would serve the same purpose.
Because it's both a stress test and a marketing opportunity. Look at all the streams, Youtube vids etc.

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
First and foremost, no need for the name calling. If you want to call names, feel free to DM me and we can meet in real life and you can dare to call me names to my face if you have the balls. ;)

Secondly, I have an opinion, it's a public forum. I'm not going to apologize for exercising my right to coherently post it.

Thirdly, I won't call you names for posting your opinion. Consider how you talk to people, they may eventually have consequences. One day, your keyboard won't save you.
lmao im very badass teas

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I get that a practice area would be nice, but then too many people would sit in practice mode.

The nice thing is, it's just a stress test, so W/L don't matter. If you want you could even just pop open the menu and check out the moves while your opponent does whatever. Then start picking moves or combo strings and just start trying stuff out. It's more just trying to get a feel for how the game is, as opposed to actually learning a character or learning combos.

G11OST

Noob
Not salty at all. I won't be competitive in this game, I'm too old for that. I will enjoy it for what I can though.

I'm also re-posting what I did just before, for posterity:

That said, if all of this is simply, and ONLY about a stress test, then why not ask players to simply download an AI battle simulator that will play against other players and run it all day? It would serve the same purpose.

Cuz its MK11 dummy, not AI battle simulator

portent

Noob
Lol im probably older than you and im gonna be competitive as fuck, you better attack me now son let me have those consequences
Still flapping your lips when we've gotten on track?

I gave you your chance to DM me, and that opportunity is now gone. DM me all you want and I simply won't reply. You wanted to keep posting publicly, instead of handling it privately, but I see your option select. You're gonna call me names if I won't accept a DM from you (I won't anyway now), but keep in mind, YOU chose to decline the opportunity at first, so WHO REALLY BACKED DOWN?

Reply all you want, you're insignificant enough to bother responding to from this point on.

Gerchap

Noob
Just be grateful you got a code

This is a stress test to find flaws on the server and such, we all should be fine if we wait long for matches at the end nobody paid a dime for this weekend opportunity to try the game out.

Back in the day we didn’t even have patches or updates on the game NRS is doing just fine trust me

portent

Noob
Just be grateful you got a code

This is a stress test to find flaws on the server and such, we all should be fine if we wait long for matches at the end nobody paid a dime for this weekend opportunity to try the game out.

Back in the day we didn’t even have patches or updates on the game NRS is doing just fine trust me
Again, I said this before, please read the OP. The very first thing I said was that I am grateful for the opportunity.

Also, btw, I am a VERY old school member. Not registered here long, but I remember the MKU days and before.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Still flapping your lips when we've gotten on track?

I gave you your chance to DM me, and that opportunity is now gone. DM me all you want and I simply won't reply. You wanted to keep posting publicly, instead of handling it privately, but I see your option select. You're gonna call me names if I won't accept a DM from you (I won't anyway now), but keep in mind, YOU chose to decline the opportunity at first, so WHO REALLY BACKED DOWN?

Reply all you want, you're insignificant enough to bother responding to from this point on.
fuck I lost the chance to dm you im fucked!!!!!!!!!!! I guess I backed down!! Maybe I was the dummy all along!!!!! I sure played my cards on this one wrong I will lose face with all of TYM now :eek::eek::eek::eek:

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I agree and this was my main beef yesterday. I just got done playing 10 or so matches with the same person and it was much easier to learn with somebody your own skill level.

It wasn’t fun yesterday getting blasted in the corner by someone better than you. You just have to keep playing until you find someone your level. While I agree with your statement I had much more fun today learning. Maybe that could help your experience too.
Pretty much this. My first few matches, I had no idea what I was doing, and got completely destroyed. Lucky if I even landed a single hit.

Kept playing more people, and eventually found some lesser skilled like me, and was able to learn and have a great time. Also pulled up the move lists on my iPad and left them on screen while playing (using the screen shots posted here, which I saved), which helped me learn the combo strings.

I ended up gravitating toward Baraka, and now I’m around 75 wins / 35 losses, which blows my mind... because I don’t consider myself that great.

Anyway... The games load so quickly a practice-while-you-wait mode would be completely pointless.

Gerchap

Noob
Again, I said this before, please read the OP. The very first thing I said was that I am grateful for the opportunity.

Also, btw, I am a VERY old school member. Not registered here long, but I remember the MKU days and before.
I did and I just reinforced the fact that a lot of my boys didn’t get a code and we should be very greatful lol I only played two matches yesterday, imagine how pissed I am lol. Old school fella that’s great what username were you using In MKU? It’s good to have you on the forums

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Lol. Well thanks for the chuckle. Looks like a RL instruction manual & practice mode would be more helpful. All caps yelling topic with 3 exclamation points. Doesn't know the difference between what a strees test & a beta are set to accomplish. Gets a code, for a free thing, complains it doesn't have what he wants. Gets triggerd by dummy. Does the fake tough guy dosey do. This has been a smdh masterclass. . again thanks.

The most important part of a modern day fighting game is it's netcode being solid. I remember a time when NRS didn't test anything prior to launch. Thankfully NRS came to their senses and we no longer have to live in the dark ages of mk9 injustice 1 and year one of mkx. That shit was abysmal.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
The build you are playing on is god knows how the fuck old it is. It might not even have online practice lobbies implemented. It was a limited 3 day test with current characters probably not even close to how they are in the current build. They probably didn't even conceive of this being an issue and I don't even blame them.

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
Since I’m playing uno on my stress test down time all day this and I don’t want to be that guy but...

There will not be ANY threats of any kind here as per the rules..

You cats know to be civil...if not we can either close this thread or I can let the staff do what they need to do...keep it chill

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
I think people need to realize what this is: a STRESS TEST. Nothing more. They don't need to do anything but let you play online to test their servers.

Reactions: Zev

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
Well, in any case, I do hope we get a training mode in the actual beta, with the option of matchmaking being on while we practice. This is would be great not only for the beta, but for the full game as well!

I agree that it's frustrating not to have a practice mode, but they need people to play online to test the servers. I'm pretty sure it's some people who'd just lab the entire time.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk