What's new

Stress Test/Beta - NRS YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG!!!

portent

Noob
Ok, let me start off by saying that I am grateful in general that NRS put out a stress test/beta early and that I got a code.

Second, I fully enjoy what I have played of the game so far, however, as of 1:29pm EST on Saturday, I am not going to play another millisecond of this game in its current form.

I know I may get crapped on for this, but so be it. This needs to be addressed, and hopefully someone from NRS sees this so that it can be rectified by the time the actual beta comes out.

When it comes to an online stress test/beta, nobody has done this better than Crapcom. I hate, HATE HATE HATE Street Fighter V with a goddamn passion, however, why it the name of all that is holy, can we not get a training mode/lobby while we wait for a match?

Let me say this again so it's not hidden inside a paragraph:

NRS, PLEASE GIVE US A TRAINING STAGE TO PRACTICE ON AND LEARN A TINY BIT WHILE WAITING FOR MATCHES SO THAT WE CAN FEEL SOMEWHAT COMPETENT WHEN ENTERING A MATCH.

What I'm NOT asking for, is a training mode where all you do is practice and learn. I'm asking for a waiting room to practice a bit while you WAIT.

Thank you, and I am totally appreciative of the opportunity you provided us to test out the game this early.

Last edited:

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I agree and this was my main beef yesterday. I just got done playing 10 or so matches with the same person and it was much easier to learn with somebody your own skill level.

It wasn’t fun yesterday getting blasted in the corner by someone better than you. You just have to keep playing until you find someone your level. While I agree with your statement I had much more fun today learning. Maybe that could help your experience too.

portent

Noob
stress test isn't for practice its to stress test their online servers dummy

they dont want you to practice, they want you to stress test
First and foremost, no need for the name calling. If you want to call names, feel free to DM me and we can meet in real life and you can dare to call me names to my face if you have the balls. ;)

Secondly, I have an opinion, it's a public forum. I'm not going to apologize for exercising my right to coherently post it.

Thirdly, I won't call you names for posting your opinion. Consider how you talk to people, they may eventually have consequences. One day, your keyboard won't save you.

portent

Noob
I agree and this was my main beef yesterday. I just got done playing 10 or so matches with the same person and it was much easier to learn with somebody your own skill level.

It wasn’t fun yesterday getting blasted in the corner by someone better than you. You just have to keep playing until you find someone your level. While I agree with your statement I had much more fun today learning. Maybe that could help your experience too.
I agree. Maybe I'll give it a whirl again later. Still would like to see a training room while we wait for matches though.

portent

Noob
That's what this is about? ... I was gonna say something else here but forget it.
Just stating my opinion about wanting to see a "waiting room" where you can practice a bit while waiting for matches in the beta, that's all.

@Evil Canadian seems to think that if it's only about stress testing, that we should put our controllers down and not try and play or learn at all.

G11OST

Noob
N
First and foremost, no need for the name calling. If you want to call names, feel free to DM me and we can meet in real life and you can dare to call me names to my face if you have the balls. ;)

Secondly, I have an opinion, it's a public forum. I'm not going to apologize for exercising my right to coherently post it.

Thirdly, I won't call you names for posting your opinion. Consider how you talk to people, they may eventually have consequences. One day, your keyboard won't save you.
...never knew dummy was such a heavy word
Damn

Relax. While him calling you dummy might not have been necessary, threatening him is just as childish if not more childish. It's a word, to think you can go around assaulting people who call you dummy is pretty stupid and irresponsible if you ask me. Take your own advice, it's a public forum and if someone thinks you're stupid for saying something it's not the end of the world. Maybe you shouldnt post in a public forum if can't handle that without resorting to violence

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I agree. Maybe I'll give it a whirl again later. Still would like to see a training room while we wait for matches though.
I haven’t waited once. It was almost instant every time I tried. A tutorial would be nice at least. I just learned how to amplify moves today.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
While I think @Evil Canadian could have stated it better, he's not really wrong. This is a stress test, and if they opened up the training room, a lot of people would just go there instead of actually...stressing the online component. I get that it can be a little bruising to ego to get stomped into oblivion and not having more of a chance to look at the moves list, but that shouldn't really matter at the moment. This is not a test of skill or creativity. It's a test of online stability for the sake of the upcoming beta and launch.

portent

Noob
N

...never knew dummy was such a heavy word
Damn
Relax. While him calling you dummy might not have been necessary, threatening him is just as childish if not more childish. It's a word, to think you can go around assaulting people who call you dummy is pretty stupid and irresponsible if you ask me. Take your own advice, it's a public forum and if someone thinks you're stupid for saying something it's not the end of the world. Maybe you shouldnt post in a public forum if can't handle that without resorting to violence
I never threatened violence. Implied? Maybe. Threatened? Definitely not. You have no idea if I would hit him or have a sit down with him to discuss the possible consequences.

Nevertheless, I don't want to get off track anymore.

Just stating my opinion about wanting to see a "waiting room" where you can practice a bit while waiting for matches in the beta, that's all.

@Evil Canadian seems to think that if it's only about stress testing, that we should put our controllers down and not try and play or learn at all.
You didn't address his statement, just made a bunch vague threats.

It IS only a stress test. If they added a practice mode while you wait people would just keep declining incoming matches so they could stuff in practice mode instead of having everyone actually contributing to the stress test.

portent

Noob
While I think @Evil Canadian could have stated it better, he's not really wrong. This is a stress test, and if they opened up the training room, a lot of people would just go there instead of actually...stressing the online component. I get that it can be a little bruising to ego to get stomped into oblivion and not having more of a chance to look at the moves list, but that shouldn't really matter at the moment. This is not a test of skill or creativity. It's a test of online stability for the sake of the upcoming beta and launch.
I honestly have no ego to bruise. I don't intend on being great, but just enough to play and have fun, which, for the most part is true.

That said, if all of this is simply, and ONLY about a stress test, then why not ask players to simply download an AI battle simulator that will play against other players and run it all day? It would serve the same purpose.

portent

Noob
You didn't address his statement, just made a bunch vague threats.

It IS only a stress test. If they added a practice mode while you wait people would just keep declining incoming matches so they could stuff in practice mode instead of having everyone actually contributing to the stress test.
OP salty AF.

Also, no, write moves down, try them out as you play, figure shit out. That's how everyone is doing it.
Not salty at all. I won't be competitive in this game, I'm too old for that. I will enjoy it for what I can though.

I'm also re-posting what I did just before, for posterity:

That said, if all of this is simply, and ONLY about a stress test, then why not ask players to simply download an AI battle simulator that will play against other players and run it all day? It would serve the same purpose.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
I honestly have no ego to bruise. I don't intend on being great, but just enough to play and have fun, which, for the most part is true.

Because they didn't do that, and decided to do it this way? Seriously, I'm not trying to be rude, but this is how NRS wanted to test the servers. Be happy that you received a code and got a chance to see how the game simply feels. :)

portent

Noob
Because they didn't do that, and decided to do it this way? Seriously, I'm not trying to be rude, but this is how NRS wanted to test the servers. Be happy that you received a code and got a chance to see how the game simply feels. :)
I hope you read my OP, as the very first thing I said was that I was grateful for it.