What's new

Street Fighter X Tekken General Discussion Thread

T3rror

Noob
Even though I haven't paid much attention to this game until recently I'm not seeing the problem people are having with gems. I like that I can use a gem to either increase walk speed or defense. I'm surprised people do not like that you can make the character how you want them to be. For example look at Lili who from videos i've watched is a glass cannon, but that can change with a few defense gems or you can expand on her strengths and give her a few attack gems.

Even though I haven't paid much attention to this game until recently I'm not seeing the problem people are having with gems. I like that I can use a gem to either increase walk speed or defense. I'm surprised people do not like that you can make the character how you want them to be. For example look at Lili who from videos i've watched is a glass cannon, but that can change with a few defense gems or you can expand on her strengths and give her a few attack gems.
its not the gems necessarily, its how they handle the acquisition of gems and pre-order deals

DanCock

Cock Master!!
is there any video of the tekken side of this cross over?? what i mean by that is the tekken 3D system.. every video is of the Street fighter version of the cross over, 2D system..

is there any video of the tekken side of this cross over?? what i mean by that is the tekken 3D system.. every video is of the Street fighter version of the cross over, 2D system..
Namco doesn't even have it in development yet. Namco has SC5, and Tekken Tag 2 to deal with first

T3rror

Noob
its not the gems necessarily, its how they handle the acquisition of gems and pre-order deals
I think the pre-order gems are going to be unlockable in game and my reasoning for that is most of them say lvl2. As for dlc gems, most likely they will be stronger than the ones that come with the game if capcom wants to make money. I can see how dlc gems can be a problem for tournaments especially if capcom prices them similar to their costumes, but I say tourneys should just use the gems that are on disc.

Warplay

Noob
So, I haven't got into a Street Fighter game since part 2, but I kinda want to get into this game. Problem is, I am worried the game will be dominated by all the Street Fighter IV addicts. I haven't had much time to research the game properly and go through this thread, so tell me, does a guy who didn't play a lick of SFIV or any SF since childhood(I always kept to all the MK games) have a chance early on in this game? Though it doesn't look like the best fighting game for my taste, I may try it just to expand my horizons. I haven't strayed from MK since the Killer Instinct/early SF days. I just want to make sure this isn't SFIV just tweaked a bit and Tekken characters added.

The game is nothing like SF4 at all. It seems more offensive based and because there are chains and a less focus of links it means the game is more accessible.

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
The only time I've seen gems making a difference is when my wife equips "Super Easy Specials" and manages to hold her own against me. If anything, they make the game very accessible... but this isn't the sort of game I'm going to put a lot of time into. Instead I'll just dust it off when I have company over.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Gems are stupid to tell the truth, speed/damage gems the most, the input gems are pretty terrible as well as the autoblock/tech ones. I doubt there will be much said on gems in tournaments because some gem setups make for rediculous outcomes.

Hugo with damage gem can 2 shot you, Rufus dive kicks on speed gems is pretty much godlike, and Zangief with the easy inputs has 1 button SPD's (his 360 move) so thats all bullshit.

Ive taken to playing without gems, they are nice but i take back my previous statements about them not unbalancing the game, they really do :p