What's new

Street Fighter X Tekken General Discussion Thread

Past

Noob
Last thread had a stupid title (my fault). Lets put all info and thoughts here.

Now then, can someone tell me what the hell is this?

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Now then, can someone tell me what the hell is this?
I'm presuming they're going to be PS Vita characters; since the Vita is shown at the end of that! Just looks like some random satire added to the game, satire's a good thing! I mean, Kuma DOES give you a face full of ass gas in this game...!

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Kratos in MK9, now not only cole, but those two annoying sony cats in SFxT? Sony is getting weirdly aggressive with guest characters.

Can't wait until they announce sackboy for UMVC3.

Past

Noob
I still have this nagging issue with Pandora. In mvc x-factor was there to balance out the removal of options that you lost during the match (assists). Here you have not lost anything. Your partner is still next to you, so you can still do high damage tag combos so what is the point of Pandora? To turn yourself into a 7 second time bomb so you can blow yourself up? Right now, it just contradicts itself.

I still have this nagging issue with Pandora. In mvc x-factor was there to balance out the removal of options that you lost during the match (assists). Here you have not lost anything. Your partner is still next to you, so you can still do high damage tag combos so what is the point of Pandora? To turn yourself into a 7 second time bomb so you can blow yourself up? Right now, it just contradicts itself.
you lose your partner when you activate it

Past

Noob
you lose your partner when you activate it
I was comparing the "balls to the wall" situation in MvC to SFxT. In marvel you don't have any assists, while at the same time, you as one character, have to deal with the complete team synergy of 3 characters. If it wasn't for X-factor, you might as well drop your controller. In this game, you still have your partner next to you, so you can still do high damage combos, and with good D, you can last a lot longer than 7 seconds. Pandora seems unnecessary.

errr most people (minus phoenix teams) burn XF early. you could easily come back 1v3 in mvc3, i mean you saw it a few times in mvc2 where the assist system was 100X stronger.

PAndora is just another option given to the players. Maybe you're only good with 1 character but forced to used 2. You could just use the "bad" character as free dmg meatshield and pandora to win. The system isn't even fully explained so who knows if it will be unnecessary or the opposite (vital) to SFxT.

Past

Noob
New info on Pandora:

"Press ↓↓MP+MK simultaneously when your vitality gauge is under 25% to activate Pandora. When you activate Pandora, your partner’s strength will increase exponentially.
The power of the character who calls upon Pandora is necessary to fuel the technique. By sacrificing their vitality to Pandora, their partner will be able to enter Pandora mode.
Pandora is a system with a built-in time limit. In Pandora mode, the Cross Gauge will be filled to maximum capacity, and you will be able to use EX and Super Arts infinitely. However, if you are not able to defeat your opponent within the time limit, you will automatically be knocked out. Be careful when you use this technique!"

My thoughts: Awesome. Now there is an incentive for using this. A simple damage boost was not going to cut it.

And also the new Gem System

“My Ryu is different from your Ryu!? The traditional Cross Gauge from before now has slots above and below it! What exactly do these do!? You’ll find out more about this soon!”

My thoughts: Are they taking notes from AH3 in terms of customization?

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Uh pandora sounds kinda crazy, like REALLY crazy. Also BOOOOOO you can only use it under 25% health. I know seth said it wasn't a comeback mechanic, but its looking pretty comebacky to me, hope seth proves me wrong.

My thoughts: Are they taking notes from AH3 in terms of customization?
Probably something like Soul calibur 4, where you can customize your character, but you can only use it in certain vs modes.

Past

Noob
Gem system reveal

My reaction: This game isn't creating as much buzz as it should thanks to no Asuka reveal, a gimmicky gem system (I'll get back to this), and Rufus being revealed (like we didn't know he was coming). A lot of people seem to be upset at the gem system and are calling for tournament bans.
As for the gem system, I do not think this will add depth to the gameplay. Instead of giving you more options like in AH3 or the grooves, it just holds your hand for being bad at the game. It won't change bad matchups and make good matchups better, its just there for casuals.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Ugh, pandora(though this seems mostly useless, since it kills you...) AND this gem system? This looks pretty bad. I'm not sure how I feel about the launchers launching lows, either.

Seems like they're trying to cram wayyy too much into this game.

launchers beat lows not launch off low.

pandora isn't a true comeback feature because you lose a lot to gain the bonus.

the gem features look interesting. It will be cool to see the meta game evolve with the gem usage

I was originally very excited for this game to come out but the more I learn about it, it seems like they just keep piling on dumb game mechanics that are going to hinder my competitive enjoyment of the game.

My gut tells me that Capcom already knows they're going to sell millions of copies, so they feel they might as well experiment with different fighting systems to see if something sticks. I don't like what I see, which sucks because I really wanted to play this.

Past

Noob
what? Why are comeback factions getting so popular? I mean Pandora looks cool as hell, but still....
What Capcom does not understand is that comeback mechanics do not help noobs get better at the game. Its tutorials like in BBCS that help players get better by helping them master the basic fundamentals of 2D fighting games like blocking, teching throws, mixups etc. As much as I hate MK at the moment, at least they understand this concept.

Past

Noob
launchers beat lows not launch off low.

pandora isn't a true comeback feature because you lose a lot to gain the bonus.

the gem features look interesting. It will be cool to see the meta game evolve with the gem usage
The people at SRK want the gems banned from tournaments completely. As for my personal opinion, I think that this won't push the metagame unless they change the gems some how to give you more options, not make up for your inability to master certain techniques.

EDIT:

Just look at this shit. You don't have more options, there is no depth, just rewarding people for sucking. Instead of covering the weaknesses of your character, it covers the weaknesses of YOU as a player and that is where Capcom fails.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
What Capcom does not understand is that comeback mechanics do not help noobs get better at the game. Its tutorials like in BBCS that help players get better by helping them master the basic fundamentals of 2D fighting games like blocking, teching throws, mixups etc. As much as I hate MK at the moment, at least they understand this concept.
I mean you can be random as hell and pick up the win. Another thing I don't like about the game is that only oen character has to die to win the round. Why can't both die? Did Capcom forget they made a series where you had to wipe out the other guy's team?

The people at SRK want the gems banned from tournaments completely. As for my personal opinion, I think that this won't push the metagame unless they change the gems some how to give you more options, not make up for your inability to master certain techniques.
This is starting to sound like Smash Brothers! Oh the irony!

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Gem system is weird, and I'm not sure I like how its implemented/activated, the whole thing is ...strange, I don't know what to think.

What I'm freaked out about most though is that there are 9 gems that are preorder bonus's, possible from different retailers, kinda like the classic skins from MK, but this actually effects gameplay. Its bad enough by itself, but also it makes me wonder if were going to see more gems as DLC down the road, because that would be awful.

This is starting to sound like Smash Brothers! Oh the irony!
Oh man, if the SF community bans gems after all the shit they and MR wiz gave smash brothers players, WOW.
Not that I care I'm firmly in the its a party game camp, but still.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
Remember this guys Capcom doesn't like to patch their game a lot. So whatever they find day 1 will be at EVO and Capcom will there smiling, shaking hands with the fans, and counting their money. Seth is going to retired happily.

Right, but this is going to fuck up the poking game. I won't even attempt to poke low in this game. It's stupid.
no it won't. You now have to think instead of mashing cr. forward. Launchers are highly punishable

Nobody is going to ban gems until the game gets flushed out after release.

and as far as I understood it, gems don't reward bad play, they only open up different styles. It would change how mirror matches would be played and that in itself is a blessing.