What's new

Street Fighter 6 teaser trailer

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Of course this comes down to personal preference.
Everything ultimately does. I can deduce that you enjoy fighting games that have a high learning curve, which is to me is secondary or even tertiary to fighting games in which all gameplay styles are well-represented in the meta and tier list. Consequently, I dislike fighting games like Mortal Kombat 11 and 3rd Strike because of their powerful universal mechanics which equalize rather than diversify the meta and the characters. Ironically, Daigo also dislikes 3rd Strike because of the parry although he unarguably helped make the game famous with his "Evo Moment #37" against Justin Wong.

As far as Street Fighter 4 is concerned, many players view the game with rose-colored glasses now days. I followed the competitive scene from day one until its death in 02/16/16, when Street Fighter 5 was released. The complaints about ultra combos, focus attacks, focus attack dash canceling, limited "true" block strings, and Elena in the last version of the game were as ubiquitous as any current complaints about Street Fighter 5. While I prefer Street Fighter 5 over Street Fighter 4 and especially 3rd Strike, the latter are unquestionably more difficult to play. Nonetheless, I hope that Street Fighter 6 plays more like Street 5 and less like Street Fighter 4 and 3rd Strike.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Nonetheless, I hope that Street Fighter 6 plays more like Street 5 and less like Street Fighter 4 and 3rd Strike.
History shows in SF world, as well as NRS, that lowering the learning curve pass off in sell perspective at least. Honestly, if upcoming NRS game will follow MK11 model game play wise, and support wise, I will hop on to SF6, and will take, and give it a fair chance to sink in unlike SF5.

I've seen you evolve across the years since MK9 days, and I know, you know a thing or two about fighting games, therefore I respect your opinion.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
History shows in SF world, as well as NRS, that lowering the learning curve pass off in sell perspective at least.
I agree, but unfortunately such is the case with any game now days. To continue the focus on fighting games, though, even traditionally complex fighting games like Guilty Gear and Tekken have been simplified in some way, shape, or form.

You and I will have to agree to disagree on which fighting game NRS should follow for MK 12. I believe that MK 11 is easily the worst fighting game that I have played in the past 10-15 years. I am seriously considering not purchasing MK12 if the gameplay resembles MK11's, and I have purchased and played every NRS fighting game since Deadly Alliance.

Saltea Moonspell

I agree, but unfortunately such is the case with any game now days. To continue the focus on fighting games, though, even traditionally complex fighting games like Guilty Gear and Tekken have been simplified in some way, shape, or form.

You and I will have to agree to disagree on which fighting game NRS should follow for MK 12. I believe that MK 11 is easily the worst fighting game that I have played in the past 10-15 years. I am seriously considering not purchasing MK12 if the gameplay resembles MK11's, and I have purchased and played every NRS fighting game since Deadly Alliance.

You are absolutely right about these changes being made across all games - its hard not to see that.

Regardless of our disagreements, I can agree on MK11s state. Truth to be told, I managed to find a glimpse of satisfaction while playing it, but even with certain aspects, the way they were left, and designed just makes my brain flip when I think about it.

The first time I saw SF5's Nash intro I went nuts, since I was a die hard main back in the days of Alpha series, but somewhere along the way I lost interest in playing that game - partially it was because my main focus has been MK, and that has been none stop since MK9 came out. (wont mention classics because it is not relevant) and dropped, tried to pick it up again I had no real love for the game. However, what separates one franchise from the other, is the level of commitment. The way CAPCOM handled this product is simply damn good, and that is a something You just know, and when a new game gets out, you know that regardless of its state, these guys will turn the ties, unlike those guys at NRS. I am aware of a shorter support cycle, but regardless of its length, leaving things like that, and keeping the community in the dark for months, is not cool. I know they have no obligation, but nor does CAPCOM, or NAMCO (in the same matter), but they still maintain certain standards when it comes to game support and communication.

So regardless of what future games will be like, we can be certain that CAPCOM will work something out, when push comes to shove, and therefore investing time, and committing seems to be more beneficial.

Ashesfall

"Feel the wrath of Shao Kahn"
My last sf I played longer than 3 hours, was super street fighter 2 on snes.
This sf6 trailer really got me this time tho.
The style looks great. It looks serious and adult, I like that.
This trailer shows us old-school vs new-school of fighters.

I can't wait to see M.Bison on these graphics, I will give this game on pad a real try.
(I am also one of those with a trauma from kens hair in sf5 :D, sf5 title looks worse to sf4, good one capcom ... anyway this is finally past.)

Imagine the effects on this graphic level, it will please my eyes, I am very optimistic.
"Psycho POOOOOWWEERRRR", BOOOOOOOM - I can feel it :D

- Final hope, please give this game a good budget.

Saltea Moonspell

This sf6 trailer really got me this time tho.
The style looks great. It looks serious and adult, I like that.
This trailer shows us old-school vs new-school of fighters.
I have to admit, the graphic advancement is massive - which actually give a hope for much high level of esthetics.
Cant argue about the "old-school/new-school" part obviously. Since we're here, did you saw this "back street boy's" forearms in SF5?

(I am also one of those with a trauma from kens hair in sf5 :D, sf5 title looks worse to sf4, good one capcom ... anyway this is finally past.)
You kidding me, those banana-like were a complete disaster - never seen Ken so ugly in 30 years! Not to mention, that Capcom, is taking Namco direction skins wise - some or just so stupid, I cant tell if the person behind the designs was high, or mentally incapacitated.

- Final hope, please give this game a good budget.
The only time you might be concern about budget, is when NRS production is on the table...

Ashesfall

"Feel the wrath of Shao Kahn"
Cant argue about the "old-school/new-school" part obviously.
Ryu = Old-school
Luke = New-school
I kinda like that vibe but I hope badass M.Bison is sneaking in there.
Fang was such a huge joke in sf5, he made me not want the game lol.
Since we're here, did you saw this "back street boy's" forearms in SF5?
No, I don't know what you mean, I am not deep in the sf5 lore :D
---
And with good budget, I mean more love for stuff besides the competitive aspect.
(Good netcode is a must tho of course - I also hope sf6 will finally start to add real crossplay and unite the fgc.)

M2Dave

Zoning Master
The first time I saw SF5's Nash intro I went nuts, since I was a die hard main back in the days of Alpha series, but somewhere along the way I lost interest in playing that game - partially it was because my main focus has been MK, and that has been none stop since MK9 came out. (wont mention classics because it is not relevant) and dropped, tried to pick it up again I had no real love for the game. However, what separates one franchise from the other, is the level of commitment. The way CAPCOM handled this product is simply damn good, and that is a something You just know, and when a new game gets out, you know that regardless of its state, these guys will turn the ties, unlike those guys at NRS. I am aware of a shorter support cycle, but regardless of its length, leaving things like that, and keeping the community in the dark for months, is not cool. I know they have no obligation, but nor does CAPCOM, or NAMCO (in the same matter), but they still maintain certain standards when it comes to game support and communication.
SF5's initial release was a blunder that Capcom must not make with SF6. The online gameplay experience must also be significantly better. Nonetheless, I respect Capcom because they generally support the FGC and their games, even several years after their release. Albeit late, V-Shift was an excellent addition that was implemented perfectly in my opinion.

I like Nash a lot too. He was my main character in the first season. Unfortunately, he was severely toned down in season 2 and has been a competitively worthless character ever since.

Saltea Moonspell

SF5's initial release was a blunder that Capcom must not make with SF6. The online gameplay experience must also be significantly better. Nonetheless, I respect Capcom because they generally support the FGC and their games, even several years after their release. Albeit late, V-Shift was an excellent addition that was implemented perfectly in my opinion.
I have strong reasons to believe, that almost every game developer is fully aware, that in the reality we're livin' a solid net code, is a must.

I am glad you brought the subject of support, because I often hear, that the reason why NRS did not do XYZ, is because the support cycle ran out. SF5, is very good example, that even though the game lifespan heat is down, they still decided to deliver patch that turned out to be massive game changer. It does not really matter why NRS is incapacitated, it matters that they are. So whatever SF6 will play like, we have no reason to be concern with support.

I like Nash a lot too. He was my main character in the first season. Unfortunately, he was severely toned down in season 2 and has been a competitively worthless character ever since.

Its amazing, how Guile & Nash have basically similar moves, yet you gotta play different game.

You're breaking my heart man, like two months ago I was labbing Nash, and he seemed ok, but I understand that it could be an illusion.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Its amazing, how Guile & Nash have basically similar moves, yet you gotta play different game.

You're breaking my heart man, like two months ago I was labbing Nash, and he seemed ok, but I understand that it could be an illusion.
This is Fuudo's tier list, which is the most recent SF5 tier list by a prominent high level player. Nash is usually ranked low to low mid tier, as he is in this list.

As a general rule of thumb, most characters that heavily rely on traditional projectiles (i.e., Gill, Nash, Oro, Rose, Ryu, Sagat, etc.) are bad in SF5 because of their stubby buttons as well as their limited offense and comeback potential. While Guile is an exception to this rule, Nash is not, unfortunately. On the other hand, those characters that rely on nontraditional means of zoning (i.e., Dhalsim, Luke, and Poison) are strong in the current version of the game because you cannot react and punish something like Dhalsim's long limbs and Luke's Sand Blast, which lacks the traveling speed of a traditional projectile.

Saltea Moonspell

As a general rule of thumb, most characters that heavily rely on traditional projectiles (i.e., Gill, Nash, Oro, Rose, Ryu, Sagat, etc.) are bad in SF5 because of their stubby buttons as well as their limited offense and comeback potential. While Guile is an exception to this rule, Nash is not, unfortunately. On the other hand, those characters that rely on nontraditional means of zoning (i.e., Dhalsim, Luke, and Poison) are strong in the current version of the game because you cannot react and punish something like Dhalsim's long limbs and Luke's Sand Blast, which lacks the traveling speed of a traditional projectile.
That is a shame. When I looked at some advanced setups with Nash, they were crazy, and not really easy to apply even with the decent execution that I have.
I can imagine he simply requires a lot more from the player, than the higher-up lineup.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
geebus I hate youtubers... what a bunch of fake arseholes. This is not how peple actually behave it is just acting.. bad acting. Max and his ilk are so disgusting. I just do not understand how anyone can sit and listen to that douche bag and his lame-o mates. I just find it so repulsive how manipulative and transparently self aggrandising it all is.

geebus I hate youtubers... what a bunch of fake arseholes. This is not how peple actually behave it is just acting.. bad acting. Max and his ilk are so disgusting. I just do not understand how anyone can sit and listen to that douche bag and his lame-o mates. I just find it so repulsive how manipulative and transparently self aggrandising it all is.
I think Max himself is fine for the most part and overall good for the fgc, but his friends are unbearable.
Reaction videos always suck, though, agreed.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I only hate his friends tbh