What's new

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike - Online Edition

Dark_Rob

Noob
Ono just announced it.

FUCK YES

I like 3rd strike. But i gotta say, it seems like the most complicated of all the SF games. You REALLY got to know your shit. You cant just pick it up and mash away like SSF4. I play it with Phil once in a while when were not playing UMK3

DevilJin

Noob
I like 3rd strike. But i gotta say, it seems like the most complicated of all the SF games. You REALLY got to know your shit. You cant just pick it up and mash away like SSF4. I play it with Phil once in a while when were not playing UMK3
You damn right about that, it's waaay too complicated for me to really get into it, especially after being out for so many years. I can already tell I'm gonna be gettin smacked around by all the nerds online lol.

mhtdtr

Ancestors, give me strength!
one of the best games ever is back! i hope the network code will be awesome

Noob
If they use the ggpo network code, then this game will actually be worth playing. While with 2df/supercade and ggpo, you can still tell you're playing in an online environment, it's certainly still a playable connection as I've had some decent matches even as far away as Brazil in 3s. I'm not an avid online player and I never will be, but 3s in general is my 2nd favorite SF game and I am definitely excited for this game.

Zaq, you and I have a date with Akuma/Ken and Akuma/Makoto... =)

DevilJin

Noob
If they use the ggpo network code, then this game will actually be worth playing. While with 2df/supercade and ggpo, you can still tell you're playing in an online environment, it's certainly still a playable connection as I've had some decent matches even as far away as Brazil in 3s. I'm not an avid online player and I never will be, but 3s in general is my 2nd favorite SF game and I am definitely excited for this game.

Zaq, you and I have a date with Akuma/Ken and Akuma/Makoto... =)
Im sure their gonna use the same netcode as they did with Street fighter 2 HD remix and call it a day since that did work pretty well.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I just hope they dont mess with this too much. Obviously, netplay (duh), leaderboards, achievements/trophies but dont mess with the gameplay. Other than a shiny coat of HD, DONT FUCKING MESS WITH PERFECTION, MR ONO!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
So I assume this is going to be like SF2:HDR, but 3S:HDR?

Damn all these sick games coming out.

Noob
I just hope they dont mess with this too much. Obviously, netplay (duh), leaderboards, achievements/trophies but dont mess with the gameplay. Other than a shiny coat of HD, DONT FUCKING MESS WITH PERFECTION, MR ONO!
If they do mess with it, I'm sure that we'll get the "HDR" option of playing the original game and the enhanced game. I'm not so sure they're gonna do HD with this as there are just so many frames of animation that would have to be re-drawn...I would love it though...LOL.

RoGE

Noob
Heh, its good to hear this.

HDR version then the original version together in one would be okay with me.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
This is a game you and I can play together and learn.
No bullshit, just balls and fighting.

MK9, MVC3, SF3 in 2011. Anyone else is just keeping the arcade alive out of the corner of my eye. No fuckin reason for any other game if you are a true MK fan or SF fan.
Show these companies what is a true fighting game(, and I am not standing up for MK.)

3S is being talked down upon because it is older, rather than it is a bad game.
It still rapes, and will rape anything that I have seen after it for years. I doubt that will change without effort. That game might be the most perfect fighter ever made
Yeah definitely, I've been wanting to play 3S online for awhile but never got GGPO working. So basically all I know how to do is play the computer, lol. I'll probably be maining Akuma, Ken and Urien.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Alright, so I guess we will mirror match a lot then because that is exactly who I use.
LMAO well at least we'll be able to learn from each other. I got some sick Akuma combos down, he's so fun to use I hope they don't mess him up in this new version. Kens c.mk to super 3 is gdlk...

Noob
Juggs, if you want help getting GGPO and/or Supercade(the new 2df) running, I am sure I can help. I can also teach you how to use Ken and if you're at all interested in Makoto, she's my other character in 3s. Akuma is fun though... LOL

Urien, for all you MK players out there, is the most MK like of the 3s characters.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Juggs, if you want help getting GGPO and/or Supercade(the new 2df) running, I am sure I can help. I can also teach you how to use Ken and if you're at all interested in Makoto, she's my other character in 3s. Akuma is fun though... LOL

Urien, for all you MK players out there, is the most MK like of the 3s characters.
Once I get a new comp, I'll look you up on that offer. Thanks man.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I HOPE this comes out in 2011. Who knows. Ono said they have time to work on it, so....i dunno. I dont really feel their is much to work on. Perfect the netcode, matchmaking, etc. Put an HD filter on it. DO NOT REDRAW ANYTHING

But with netplay, there NEEDS to be a superior netcode. Parrying will already be almost non existent due to delay and lag. But the good news is, this game is crack.

This game, imo, is the best fighter, the best 2d fighter, the best SF. Not so much MY personal fave, but this game is just about as perfect as it gets. GET HYPED!