Stream.me Officially Shuts Down

Discussion in 'Mortal Kombat 11' started by HellblazerHawkman, Mar 8, 2019.

By HellblazerHawkman on Mar 8, 2019 at 12:36 PM
  1. HellblazerHawkman

HellblazerHawkman Confused Thanagarian
    News Editor

So coming in shortly after news of Body Count Fighting getting shutdown, it looks like another NRS online scene host went with it. Stream.me, home for War of the Gods, the Kombat Cup, and The Clash, has officially shut down it's servers.

[​IMG]

Couldn't find any kind of official word, but if you try going to the website, it doesn't load. Fortunately for those interested, the archives for all of their past streams are available on Youtube, so they are still available. Definitely a bit of a bummer, as Stream.me was the only place keeping the NRS scene active with anything for a LONG time, with Mr. Aquaman and Echo putting in a crazy amount of work to give people something to turn to. Mr. Aquaman is now doing Twitch streams for Noble, so if you want to at least get some of that commentary again, you can go check that out.

Marinjuana, Yoaks and karaokelove like this.
Coming at you with all dat news
News writer for (objectively) the best Netherrealm Studios based website. Feel free to message me if you have a news story you'd like to share
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Mortal Kombat 11' started by HellblazerHawkman, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Eldriken
      Eldriken
      Well, damn. That's quite unfortunate. =/
    2. HellblazerHawkman
      HellblazerHawkman
      Yeah, didn't want to speculate as to the why, but seemed sudden. They were still posting tweets earlier this week about emotes and whatnot
    3. JBeezYBabY
      JBeezYBabY
      I heard alot of mess surrounding that shit. People who supported that were people who basically were Alt right folks. And people on their platform were trash type people. So ...people didnt want to associate themselves with that shit site anymore and left, which came to demise of Stream.me.
    4. HellblazerHawkman
      HellblazerHawkman
      Yeah, it was what happens with a lot of smaller start-up sites, like Gab. People get banned from the mainstream platforms, so they all flock to a similar competitor and kill it for everyone else
    5. KingHippo
      KingHippo
      About time. I understand growth is important, but surrendering your site to the unfiltered trash and hatred of the internet ain't it
    6. Marlow
      Marlow
      That's too bad. I had a lot of fun watching WOTG last summer.
      Eldriken likes this.
    7. trufenix
    8. Rip Torn
      Rip Torn
      Can't say I didn't see this coming. The viewer numbers on that platform were pretty low.
    9. Slymind
      Slymind
      Really sad to see this go, WOTG and Kombat Kup were awesome, it was a part of my weekends.

My heart goes out to Aqua, Echo and all the good people who organized these amazing tournaments.
      omooba likes this.
    10. haketh
      haketh
      Good

Place became a hive of shittheads & the people in charge had no intention to fix it
      Thingy and ImperatrixSindel like this.
    11. Eldriken
      Eldriken
      Hopefully WotG and Kombat Kup make a return on Twitch.
      Thingy, villainous monk and Marlow like this.
    12. villainous monk
      villainous monk
      It'll be good to see our scene back on twitch. It's a better site to watch on Mobile for us mobile users.

Stream.me app was hot garbage. Absolutely shitty on mobile.

I'm glad. Now I can delete the app. With much pleasure.
      Thingy likes this.
    13. Crusty
      Crusty
      I knew that shit wasn’t gonna last.
      Marinjuana likes this.
    14. Braindead
      Braindead
      Not trying to kick someone while they're down, but Stream.me was always pretty bad for me.

I'm guessing they didn't have many servers in Europe. Shit was always lagging and buffering for me. I tried to tune into WoTG a few times and it was always pretty much unwatchable for me.
    15. Thingy
      Thingy
      Exactly my thoughts. StreamMe going down will actually be a blessing in disguise for the NRS scene. There will be much more exposure on Twitch. Glad that StreamMe bandaid got ripped off.
    16. CrimsonShadow
      CrimsonShadow
      This is not much of a surprise.. But it’ll be a shame to lose the tournaments.

Wish they could run them on Twitch — being tied to such a tiny platform was always the unfortunate bit. The exposure could have helped a lot.
    17. Marinjuana
      Marinjuana
      Sucks but didn't really seem like they were able to compete