What's new

Stream.me Officially Shuts Down

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
So coming in shortly after news of Body Count Fighting getting shutdown, it looks like another NRS online scene host went with it. Stream.me, home for War of the Gods, the Kombat Cup, and The Clash, has officially shut down it's servers.

Couldn't find any kind of official word, but if you try going to the website, it doesn't load. Fortunately for those interested, the archives for all of their past streams are available on Youtube, so they are still available. Definitely a bit of a bummer, as Stream.me was the only place keeping the NRS scene active with anything for a LONG time, with Mr. Aquaman and Echo putting in a crazy amount of work to give people something to turn to. Mr. Aquaman is now doing Twitch streams for Noble, so if you want to at least get some of that commentary again, you can go check that out.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I heard alot of mess surrounding that shit. People who supported that were people who basically were Alt right folks. And people on their platform were trash type people. So ...people didnt want to associate themselves with that shit site anymore and left, which came to demise of Stream.me.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
I heard alot of mess surrounding that shit. People who supported that were people who basically were Alt right folks. And people on their platform were trash type people. So ...people didnt want to associate themselves with that shit site anymore and left, which came to demise of Stream.me.
Yeah, it was what happens with a lot of smaller start-up sites, like Gab. People get banned from the mainstream platforms, so they all flock to a similar competitor and kill it for everyone else

Slymind

Noob
Really sad to see this go, WOTG and Kombat Kup were awesome, it was a part of my weekends.

My heart goes out to Aqua, Echo and all the good people who organized these amazing tournaments.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
It'll be good to see our scene back on twitch. It's a better site to watch on Mobile for us mobile users.

Stream.me app was hot garbage. Absolutely shitty on mobile.

I'm glad. Now I can delete the app. With much pleasure.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Not trying to kick someone while they're down, but Stream.me was always pretty bad for me.

I'm guessing they didn't have many servers in Europe. Shit was always lagging and buffering for me. I tried to tune into WoTG a few times and it was always pretty much unwatchable for me.

Thingy

Retired account
It'll be good to see our scene back on twitch. It's a better site to watch on Mobile for us mobile users.

Stream.me app was hot garbage. Absolutely shitty on mobile.

I'm glad. Now I can delete the app. With much pleasure.
Exactly my thoughts. StreamMe going down will actually be a blessing in disguise for the NRS scene. There will be much more exposure on Twitch. Glad that StreamMe bandaid got ripped off.