What's new

STREAM CONCLUDED: KombatKast Featuring Kitana vs Reptile

Does anyone know what they were talking about when they were showing us the new stage and said "There is something floating back there.. " At about 43:58 in the embedded video?? I looked at the video clip extensively and didn't see shit. Could be that I'm missing what they were talking about, or I guess it could be a big story element. Any ideas?
The castle, I think.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
Pretty bummed Havik is not returning and surprised too. I mean, he's one of [7] characters from the MK4-MK:A eras that were cool/interesting/could have a lot more done with them (along with Fujin, Tanya, Ashrah, Reiko, Hotaru, and Kai).

It'd be great to have a reveal come out of a character that debuted in the MK4-MK:A eras who isn't Kenshi (or Frost, bleh).

Last edited:

Dark

Noob
Found something pretty interesting. They renamed "Jungle" to "Kuatan Jungle". Kuatan was a kingdom located in outworld, home to the Shokan in the old comics.

Jungle was described as home to a now forgotten outworld race. Could it be possible the Shokan have went extinct because of the outworld civil war?
It doesn't seem that they are fairing well in the comics. With Goro likely defeated, then Kintaro, then their king.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Overextended speculations like yours are the problem with this site before a NRS game releases.
You are right, I watched the stream again this morning when I could think straight and Noxious Reptile looks awesome, since non-ex gas is somewhat guaranteed after a ball and the damage it does is quite noticeable.

I'll probably need to get rid of my "Jump to conclusions" Mat :p

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
I realized something. They said on stream next time they play "their characters".
Dereks fav character is Mileena. Im 100% sure one of the next reveals before the stream is gonna be Mileena.

Endding

You picked a bad time to get lost friend
I realized something. They said on stream next time they play "their characters".
Dereks fav character is Mileena. Im 100% sure one of the next reveals before the stream is gonna be Mileena.
You can't do this!!!!!!!!

Why the hell does kitana have a projectile parry when she already has plenty of projectile dodging abilities in the air? That projectile parry better have a good punish time to it on whiff smh...
I think it's so she can either catch the opponents that use projectiles and set ups, like say king lao threw a straight hat out and he ran in with the hat and jumped in, I'm guessing Kitana could reflect it and get some cool combos... Btw that reflect idea was lame thing I had for Zatanna in injustice months back

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Back when the game was new and I was awful???? There is a huge difference between getting hit on occasion due to the element of surprise and something being impossible to react to thus being a guess. Aqua mans back 2 is easily reacted when looked out for, I have very few offline,matches regardless.. But I can tell you when I play an aqua with a good connections the only thing that hits me is the occasional f1 low scoop....band after playing @cpt xecution about 1000 games he stopped doing f3s almost entirely because I could block him consistently. He could have maybe delayed and done a b1 but if disciplined its success rate isn't consistent. I hate these arguments with you it's annoying as shit... And everytime I proved you wrong and you never ever learn these things... Just like I couldn't do instant airs and no one would... It really makes me sad you haven't grown as a player or learned anything...it's hopeless..

I think you could be surprised what a person can or can't do with adequate practice in anything in life.... It's extremely frustrating and you have no will or foresight as a player. People like kuroda who played 3rd strike forever have humiliatingly good reactions. Reactions are about practice and focus and training yourself until it's a habit. It doesn't happen overnight. Have you ever sat down and tried to learn for hours to react to killer frost or batgirl... No one does so we don't know what's possible, batgirl might not be...Given a long set vs a character you become better at blocking..If you put the same effort into setups as other thingsand a bit of faith in human capability maybe you'd see things differentlly... But no you are like a deaf version of ps plus dog....

I wonder how good a person could be if they truly truly dedicated themselves. Pig seems to have taken a step in right direction... But thanks arty I'm going to be obnoxiously motivated this time around, maybe you can be my training buddy if you want to corroborate and look ahead and not directly in front of your itty bitty nose...
Oi stay free to my ranked bman m8

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
Dude i love you but you're a master downplayer
Sinestro would have to open up people a bajillion times because his damage is so poor. He wouldn't even be close to top 10 if he didn't have the vortex. That and no mixups is no bueno.

LinKueiLegend

The true Grandmaster
I really enjoyed the stream. They both look fantastic. Reptile impressed me a whole lot and I plan on using him no doubt. Though his fatality was a bit of a letdown in my opinion. I thought he would Crack the skull open and eat what's inside leaving a hallow skull haha. Other that that Noxious is my favorite. Gonna love banging out damage the whole time haha